U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 10:32 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,923,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But his brother´s Letter to the Editor is titled ¨Law-abiding, they played by immigration rules, but now have to leave country¨...

Wow: ¨Editor´s Note: Comments have been turned off due to continuous violations of our commenting policy.¨

Meaning that the commentors accused them of ¨hiding like cockroaches¨ or called them ¨worthless Mesican illegals¨?...

No, I don´t think so...
Well no clue as to what you are talking about in regards to your reply to my post.
The point of this thread was to illustrate that when caught here illegally everyone needs to face the consequences. Not just one group or one race. White, brown yellow or black. Everyone...
This couple had a sob story and it had some validity. Not much but some. A little more than they just wanted a better life excuse.
The fact remains that they cheated. The fact remains that she over stayed her VISA.
The fact remains that they certainly had options that they chose to ignore. They wanted fast and cheap and they got caught.
He is a vet . I believe he married while still on active duty. He had a support network He would have had the easiest path of all and he ignored it.
Now they are using the disabled brother as an excuse.
What this couple has in common with the millions of illegals from south of the border is that they cheated. They ignored the laws and like all those other illegals believe that they deserve a free pass. 1 thing all illegals seem to have in common is that sense of entitlment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Quote:
I'll bite back, where is the condemnation for this woman breaking the rules, but getting admitted on a misrepresented Tourist Visa, paroled, but allowed to work without consequence, and fighting her removal orders?...

His brother misrepresents that she immigrated correctly...

The comments are favorable to them, but still generically against Hispanics...

I'm am saying it is an interesting contrast from "mob rule", when they think it is actually "Rule of Law"...
I believe more than one of us has said she should get no special treatment but should be deported. If that isn't condemnation then I don't know what is. Did you miss that?

Old 09-15-2011, 10:40 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,248,031 times
All that time and thousand dollars spent, and still no green card.

She would have had it easier if she snuck over the border, and Obama would want to grant her amnesty.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:50 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:
I'll bite back, where is the condemnation for this woman breaking the rules, but getting admitted on a misrepresented Tourist Visa, paroled, but allowed to work without consequence, and fighting her removal orders?...

His brother misrepresents that she immigrated correctly...

The comments are favorable to them, but still generically against Hispanics...

I'm am saying it is an interesting contrast from "mob rule", when they think it is actually "Rule of Law"...
Please quote the post(s) on THIS forum defending this woman. Regardless of her race, ethnicity, or nationality, she is here illegally, and should be deported.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please quote the post(s) on THIS forum defending this woman. Regardless of her race, ethnicity, or nationality, she is here illegally, and should be deported.
Well I was misquoted as stating that she should get a free pass when I never said or eluded to any such thing. I refer to post#6.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Legalizing even one sets the wrong example against the ¨Rule of Law¨...

You are attempting to put Obama in a situation of an ¨amnesty¨ while he is President...
What part of giving illegals a free pass is wrong is asking Obama to grant her an amnesty?

Old 09-15-2011, 11:02 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well I was misquoted as stating that she should get a free pass when I never said or eluded to any such thing. I refer to post#6.
The problem with these advocates for illegals is they can't stand the fact that they can't truly claim victimhood for Mexican or other Latino illegals because other illegals are being deported also. They can't stand to admit the fact that we anti's want all illegals gone, not just the Mexican ones. If they admitted that they couldn't pull the victim mentality/race card at every turn and it is all they've got.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:14 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,022,544 times
Quote:
...Regardless of her race, ethnicity, or nationality, she is here illegally, and should be deported.
She's already back in her home country of Germany (as of August 30th), with her U.S. citizen husband...

I've been pulling all of the collective legs here, I actually think she should have the same chance at an I-601 as any other spouse of a U.S. citizen that needs it...

But I wanted to check if others would hold their stance...

It's an interesting contrast to see comments on the story Internet-wide...

Old 09-15-2011, 11:27 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:
She's already back in her home country of Germany (as of August 30th), with her U.S. citizen husband...

I've been pulling all of the collective legs here, I actually think she should have the same chance at an I-601 as any other spouse of a U.S. citizen that needs it...

But I wanted to check if others would hold their stance...

It's an interesting contrast to see comments on the story Internet-wide...
Sorry, but she was not the same as other spouses of U.S. citizens who chose to play by the rules. Why should she be rewarded for violating our laws, while others are required to comply?

Most of us have repeatedly stated our stance. I’m not sure why you thought we would change it for this particular woman.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but she was not the same as other spouses of U.S. citizens who chose to play by the rules. Why should she be rewarded for violating our laws, while others are required to comply?

Most of us have repeatedly stated our stance. I’m not sure why you thought we would change it for this particular woman.
She shouldnt be rewarded nor should her husband be allowed to guilt this nation into an amnesty. His service is appreciated however that doesnt earn him a free pass for the attempted cheat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration