U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 03:18 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
To a lesser degree, yes. They major difference is that legal citizens pay a legal price while illegals don't. They just go on their merry way, breaking this and other laws.
You realize that if they're legalized then they too would "pay a legal price" (whatever that means)? The discrepancy you're complaining about would instantly vanish.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:20 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Pretty sure if you ask the average criminal behind bars they will say its only a crime when you get caught.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:23 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times
Quote:
BTW, the "criminal code" you so blithely dismiss is a written set of laws. Hence breaking even an inconsequential law is a crime, making the offender a criminal. At least in the real world.
I think you mean the fake world. Not every law is a criminal law, and thus not every violation of a law is a crime.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:03 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I think you mean the fake world. Not every law is a criminal law, and thus not every violation of a law is a crime.
I think I'll try telling that to the cops here. If they give me a speeding ticket or a ticket for one of my "california stops" they hate so much, I'll decide there was no crime and just not bother to pay the ticket, why should I be punished for a non-crime after all?

And then if they try to arrest me for failing to pay those tickets, I'll just have to tell the judge that there can be no crime involved as it wasn't a crime for me to speed or slide by stop signs in the first place.

Or tax evasion, since otherwise very nice lawful types might not feel like paying the IRS their money, they should just be given a pass, an amnesty and told they don't need to live within the law.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think I'll try telling that to the cops here. If they give me a speeding ticket or a ticket for one of my "california stops" they hate so much, I'll decide there was no crime and just not bother to pay the ticket, why should I be punished for a non-crime after all?

And then if they try to arrest me for failing to pay those tickets, I'll just have to tell the judge that there can be no crime involved as it wasn't a crime for me to speed or slide by stop signs in the first place.

Or tax evasion, since otherwise very nice lawful types might not feel like paying the IRS their money, they should just be given a pass, an amnesty and told they don't need to live within the law.
Yeah, it totally seems like you understand what I'm talking about.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:29 PM

10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
You realize that if they're legalized then they too would "pay a legal price" (whatever that means)? The discrepancy you're complaining about would instantly vanish.
You realize that if the illegals were not here, they also would not be expected to pay a legal price, right?

Of course you do, you just choose to ignore it and spin off on another tangent to try to support your backing of criminals.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Try really hard to comprehend this:

If you break the laws that exist, you are a criminal. This is the real world.

I don't even want to consider the world you live in.

Old 09-18-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it totally seems like you understand what I'm talking about.
Actually, it does seem that he understands what you are talking about.

Anything that an illegal does should be condoned.

You are apparently the one who does not understand.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Try really hard to comprehend this:

If you break the laws that exist, you are a criminal. This is the real world.

I don't even want to consider the world you live in.
This is factually incorrect, but I'm enjoying you pretending to know what you're talking about.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:59 PM

6,156 posts, read 3,984,912 times
Quote:
This is factually incorrect, but I'm enjoying you pretending to know what you're talking about.
Is tax evasion a crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration