U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 07:52 PM

15,102 posts, read 9,430,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
riddle me this.

If you lived in a Latin country, would you celebrate 4th of july ? thanksgiving ? Memorial day ? Labor day ?

Americans gather in other countries to play baseball, BBQ, fly the flag, celebrate our holidays the locals are tolerent, why arent you ?
Methinks you have it backwards...

Riddle me this.

Do Americans live in other countries disobeying their laws?

Do Americans live in other countries and fly the American flag above the local national flag?

Are Americans in foreign countries pandered to like Spanish/latino people are here in America?

How much money do foreign governments spend on the Americans living in their country?

How many foreign countries print their documents in two languages?

Do Americans protest and scream their hatred for the local country?

How many foreign countries phones when answered say

Press 1 for <pick_your_local_language>

Press 2 for English

?????????

As someone else said, I have nothing against Mexicans, just wish they would stop trying to turn America into the slum they came from.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:17 PM

2,671 posts, read 1,635,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
No, Mexican culture is just fine............in Mexico. There is a different culture here that they are trying to change in the face of growing opposition.
What exactly is American culture?

Old 09-17-2011, 08:19 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
7,328 posts, read 4,116,866 times
For "Mexican/Latino" culture, just substitute "I"talians, Polish, Russians, Jews, Scandinavians, Germans, Vietnamese, Hmong, Japanese, Chinese, etc. etc.,.... same issue, just in different numbers. As to the "original" British and Irish, no doubt Native Americans weren't so keen on seeing y'all either....

Old 09-17-2011, 08:31 PM

706 posts, read 538,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Well Sir/or Ms..

What exactly is mexican culture, though your question is a good one.

BL

Old 09-17-2011, 08:52 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,381,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
If you have to ask then you must not be an American.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
For "Mexican/Latino" culture, just substitute "I"talians, Polish, Russians, Jews, Scandinavians, Germans, Vietnamese, Hmong, Japanese, Chinese, etc. etc.,.... same issue, just in different numbers. As to the "original" British and Irish, no doubt Native Americans weren't so keen on seeing y'all either....
Except the early settlers and subsequent immigrants did not come here illegally unlike the subject of this forum.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:03 PM

706 posts, read 538,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Except the early settlers and subsequent immigrants did not come here illegally unlike the subject of this forum.
Mateo seems to forget that those nationalities mentioned did not march in our streets and demand citizenship/benefits while waving their flags in our faces. And also, they didn't have a bunch spineless asshats in the government to support the demise of the rule of law.

bl

Old 09-17-2011, 09:19 PM

4,733 posts, read 2,492,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
riddle me this.

If you lived in a Latin country, would you celebrate 4th of july ? thanksgiving ? Memorial day ? Labor day ?

Americans gather in other countries to play baseball, BBQ, fly the flag, celebrate our holidays the locals are tolerent, why arent you ?
I lived in Brazil for a VERY LONG time and I did celebrate 4th of July...At home. I had an American flag...In my bedroom... I didn't need to shove it in other people's faces and make them bow to my demands. My problem is that they come here and bring all of their BS with them and they are basically trying to replace our language and culture with theirs. It is not diversity. It is almost trying to "colonize" this country all over again.

I knew many Americans who blended in with the Brazilian crowd, spoke Portuguese (with an accent but spoke it nonetheless), learned how to dance the "samba", were curious as heck to learn about the culture.

That does not happen here when it comes to Mexico/Central America and South American folks. It just doesn't. Especially among the illegal crowd.

I never ever met an American in Brazil who acted like the people from that country had to cater to their demands and learn the English language in order to interact with them. I am not being biased, it is a fact....and if that were to happen it would NOT be pretty because unlike here, they have the "balls" to tell you to leave and go back to where you came from. Nobody sees it as "racism" or "intolerance". They expect people to respect their culture. Go live in Brazil illegally and see how that goes. Go march in the streets of Rio and Sao Paulo demanding that your children get free health care and education and while you are at it, walk over the Brazilian flag and then burn it...and see what happens.

We also expect foreigners to respect our culture and our language but if we say so, we are racist coldhearted SOBs who have no compassion toward those who come from South of the Border. Gotta love the double standards.

I was born in a town 20 miles West of Boston where the Brazilian/Latino population is about 30%. You can pick them apart from the rest of the crowd because they live here as if they were back in their home country. If they love their country so much, why don't they go back there? (I know why, they don't offer the freebies we offer here).

The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 09-17-2011 at 09:36 PM..

Old 09-17-2011, 09:25 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
7,328 posts, read 4,116,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So is this really about "Mexican/Latino culture", or is it about "illegals"?

BTW, legal or illegal, I'll take Mexican culture over redneck "culture" any day.... they certainly haven't been as big a pain in the a$$ in this country, and at least Mexican folks are willing to do whatever it takes to get a job (unlike certain "natives" who feel "entitled").

Old 09-17-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
So is this really about "Mexican/Latino culture", or is it about "illegals"?

BTW, legal or illegal, I'll take Mexican culture over redneck "culture" any day.... they've certainly haven't been as big a pain in the a$$ in this country, and at least Mexican folks are willing to do whatever it takes to get a job (unlike certain "natives" who feel "entitled").
Take your insults elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration