U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-21-2011, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,309 posts, read 18,526,922 times
Reputation: 6508

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
So you admit the rules are not the same, the standards are not the same, and so forth. There is no question there.
In regards to citizens applying for work v.s Illegals?
Of course there are. Citizens have a right to live and work here and illegals do not. Being here illegally would disqualify illegals from being able to participate.
This is not unfair this is just.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2011, 09:52 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,034 posts, read 6,702,044 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
From your own source.

What part of "Most Americans think immigration is a serious issue" did you not comprehend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 09:54 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 987,772 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
In regards to citizens applying for work v.s Illegals?
Of course there are. Citizens have a right to live and work here and illegals do not. Being here illegally would disqualify illegals from being able to participate.
This is not unfair this is just.
Call it just if you want, but you can't sit here and say "the rules are the same" when they differ depending on where you were born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,309 posts, read 18,526,922 times
Reputation: 6508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Call it just if you want, but you can't sit here and say "the rules are the same" when they differ depending on where you were born.
Come on Rock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 09:59 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 987,772 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Come on Rock.
What? You just admitted you were wrong, as far as I can tell. Your claim was that the "standards" are the same for everyone. But they're obviously not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 10:16 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,309 posts, read 18,526,922 times
Reputation: 6508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
What? You just admitted you were wrong, as far as I can tell. Your claim was that the "standards" are the same for everyone. But they're obviously not.
No my claim was that immigration policy is fair to all qualifying applicants.
My claim is that labor laws are fair to all qualified individuals.
Being here illegally disqualifies. Its not unfair or unjust that illegals are not entitled to the same opprotunities as legal residents and citizens. Nor is it our fault that they are not qualified. We as a nation need to take care of our own first, just as a family needs to take care of their own first.
Illegals are a burden imposed upon us. The answer is not to reward them for imposing themselves upon us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 10:21 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 987,772 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No my claim was that immigration policy is fair to all qualifying applicants.
My claim is that labor laws are fair to all qualified individuals.
Being here illegally disqualifies. Its not unfair or unjust that illegals are not entitled to the same opprotunities as legal residents and citizens. Nor is it our fault that they are not qualified. We as a nation need to take care of our own first, just as a family needs to take care of their own first.
Illegals are a burden imposed upon us. The answer is not to reward them for imposing themselves upon us.
The bolded is why it's not fair to everyone, though. You could say the same of a system that only allowed white workers (not to compare the two, of course). "Sure it's fair, all white workers have equal opportunity."

I'm not arguing about economic priorities or whatever. I'm simply saying that it's clearly not a level playing field between foreigners and citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,309 posts, read 18,526,922 times
Reputation: 6508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
The bolded is why it's not fair to everyone, though. You could say the same of a system that only allowed white workers (not to compare the two, of course). "Sure it's fair, all white workers have equal opportunity."

I'm not arguing about economic priorities or whatever. I'm simply saying that it's clearly not a level playing field between foreigners and citizens.
Its fair amoung legal residents and citizens I would say.
Illegals are disqualified because of their legal status. That is entirely self inflicted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 10:28 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 987,772 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Its fair amoung legal residents and citizens I would say.
Illegals are disqualified because of their legal status. That is entirely self inflicted.
The point is that a foreigner - one who has NOT immigrated, for instance - is obviously not on the same playing field as a citizen. You claim they have to meet the same "minimum standards" but there are no such standards applied to citizens at all. You can say "that's how it should be," I'm not arguing that point. I'm just saying that there's clearly a different standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2011, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,309 posts, read 18,526,922 times
Reputation: 6508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
The point is that a foreigner - one who has NOT immigrated, for instance - is obviously not on the same playing field as a citizen. You claim they have to meet the same "minimum standards" but there are no such standards applied to citizens at all. You can say "that's how it should be," I'm not arguing that point. I'm just saying that there's clearly a different standard.
At this point I dont even know what the discussion is about.
Are you saying that a citizen in Norway doesnt have the same opprotunity for a job in Arizona that say US citizen has? If thats the argument no duh.
My argument was that all qualifying immigrant applicants for immigration have the same opprotunity. All legal immigrants with a ssn have the same opprotunity for work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:38 PM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top