Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 04:08 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If you are a newbie, how would you know what we believe?
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 04:13 PM

52 posts, read 28,133 times
Quote:
If you are a newbie, how would you know what we believe?
I have no idea what you believe. I'm generalizing based on most anti-immigration advocate's previous estimates in other conversations/discussions I've had. I must admit I'd be surprised if you actually are anti-immigration and still support that figure. From the looks of the threads i perused before signing up I didn't think people would be that rational.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:18 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyusslives View Post
I have no idea what you believe. I'm generalizing based on most anti-immigration advocate's previous estimates in other conversations/discussions I've had. I must admit I'd be surprised if you actually are anti-immigration and still support that figure. From the looks of the threads i perused before signing up I didn't think people would be that rational.
Do you ordinarily generalize? Or, are we the exception? For the record, I am not anti-immigration, and I don’t know anyone who is.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:23 PM

52 posts, read 28,133 times
Well, I have met only a handful of anti-immigration people that don't try to claim 20 million+ despite numerous sources claiming otherwise so I guess in cases like this I do generalize. Sorry if I offended you by lumping you in with them.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Well, I have met only a handful of anti-immigration people that don't try to claim 20 million+ despite numerous sources claiming otherwise so I guess in cases like this I do generalize. Sorry if I offended you by lumping you in with them.
Again, I am not anti-immigration. I am anti-ILLEGAL immigration. There’s a HUGE difference between the two. I wasn’t offended. I was simply wondering why you, as a new member, would generalize about people you don’t know. That’s all.

Edit: No one knows how many illegal aliens are in this country. But, I doubt there are only 10.8 million. California alone probably has that amount.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:55 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Another "worst border security in the world"...

And sourcing "Digger" at that...

Of course when they can't debate the topic they try to attack the source.

And......cue crickets. No reply at all now. Isn't it funny how that works?

Old 09-22-2011, 04:58 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
No, we've discussed this recently:

"...King claimed he had "extrapolated" his numbers from a study by the General Accounting Office, Congress' nonpartisan investigative arm, that he said showed 28% of inmates in local jails and state and federal prisons were "criminal aliens." What the GAO study actually showed was that 28% of all federal prisoners (federal prisoners make up 12%-17% of the total incarcerated population in the U.S.) were either legal or illegal immigrants. The study did not distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants. It also stated that about 50% of those immigrants were only charged with being in the country illegally, a federal misdemeanor..."

What is amazing is that Digger doesn't want to list the percentage of immigrants in Federal custody, but instead says that 68% of that population are "Mexican citizens"...

Why would there be that deflection to list a higher percentage?...

Old 09-22-2011, 05:02 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
...No one knows how many illegal aliens are in this country. But, I doubt there are only 10.8 million. California alone probably has that amount.
And what are you basing your determination on?....

Old 09-22-2011, 05:16 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.....
I think I know the answer to that one. Think about it, (2+2= 4), lol.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:28 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Why do you continue to use the term "anti-immigration" people? We aren't anti-immigration in reasonable numbers we are anti-illegal immigration thus the title of this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration