Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 04:36 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
There is only one real solution to your dilemma: Tell all of your fellow Americans that aren't any particular ethnicity that you can complain about to have more children...
There is no dilema. We have enough people in this country and as I said Americans are re-producing at replacement levels. Ideally, our population growth should have stabled off at about 100 million ago. I don't know why you think adding more people to our society is a good thing. We have already reached our "carrying capacity".

Last edited by chicagonut; 09-30-2011 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 04:46 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The article implies we need to give all we can to the illegals moving here in very high numbers and lift them up out of their poverty and pile on more free education for them, but the only thing giving them more does is encourage many more to come and have children they can never afford here.

How do we keep paying for the impoverished of the world to come here and have their high living standards? The main problem with their education however is the laziness of the parents who refuse to prepare their children for school. Language is just one part of it.
I am always going to be trutful as i see things, no matter what anyone thinks, that is me. But this thinking is plainly ASININE. And our Government for being ok with this are also ASININE in a big way. When will they get it, i feel never.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:15 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
There is only one real solution to your dilemma: Tell all of your fellow Americans that aren't any particular ethnicity that you can complain about to have more children...

Cute post. Why would I expect anything different. Your solution is to tell people that can't afford it to have more children. Love the mentality of that.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:36 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Excellent link Malamute. Wish I could rep you again.

Considering this isn't just about illegals I wish someone would start a thread with this link in the P&OC section. I'm not very good at that but this is really important info.

If people will stop to realize the impact this will have I don't see how they can ignore it.

I realize this was written from the stance of tax payers finding a solution to this given only one (1) sentence was included stating that those opposed to illegal immigration see funding more education for those unable to keep up as encouraging more illegals. But the message is still there for anyone to see if they don't have their head buried in the sand.

We need enforcement and we need to slow down immigration from Hispanics until this turns around. I guess when they say "they're just here to feed their families" they mean it literally. Trying to promote a better life for their children through education is not part of the equation. We're expected to do that too. Do they realize the well will eventually run dry for everyone? Do they think they will be given special rights up till the end? This is preposterous!

Last edited by Isitmeorarethingsnuts?; 09-30-2011 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-02-2011, 10:28 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
How come these articles are always one-sided? They talk about illegal immigrants as though they are vital to our future, but they don't mention what it means for the rest of us? They are going to have to start showing some proof when they make the claims of how important they are to our future (in relation to the negative effects).

Old 10-02-2011, 10:54 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Alot of these kids come from poorly educated migrants that for the most part TRY their best. Yes some of them fail.

When you come from a poor family that doesn't speak English fluently you will have difficulties.

The subset of Hispanics that REALLY hurt their image and education levels is often Americans ( of Hispanic Ancestry ) in the Cholo/Gangbanger trash lifestyle.

If this issue would be dealt with by Liberals you would have the others less influenced and impacted by this American problem that increases all levels of crime in their communities.

Alot of Americans can't see the difference between Illegals and Americans of Mexican descent that have been in the Southwest often times longer than others.

The Hispanic education problem is multi faceted and requires several different ways to resolve. I do agree that unchecked Illegal immigration is only worsening it at a time when many school districts are strapped for cash.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:14 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Maybe if more Americans like you had kids we wouldn't need all these illegals to come in this country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
We don't need all these illegals to come here period.
This.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:46 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
How come these articles are always one-sided? They talk about illegal immigrants as though they are vital to our future, but they don't mention what it means for the rest of us? They are going to have to start showing some proof when they make the claims of how important they are to our future (in relation to the negative effects).
Because illegals ARE our future, whether you like it or not. Many of their children are citizens.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:54 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I totally agree.
Its always one sided. They never talk about school over crowding. Extra funding for bilingual programs. which is money we don't have. Negative Social effects on our society.

Always the pro illegal crowd that wants sympathy.

What about us Americans?

Old 10-04-2011, 11:55 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Because illegals ARE our future, whether you like it or not. Many of their children are citizens.
Illegals are not citizens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration