Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 07:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Four more illegal immigrants have entered Deming aboard a Deming Public School's bus. The incident came a week after a Mexican national was arrested for entering the country illegally and riding a school bus to town.

4 more enter country illegally on Deming school bus (3:48 a.m.) - Las Cruces Sun-News

How much easier can we make it for illegals to come over? You can bet illegals come in on these buses all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 07:22 PM

Also you have to wonder why the blatant discrimination against Americans. American students are expected to reside within the school district, that way there is some hope their parents are paying property taxes and helping to support the school.

However when it comes to Mexicans, they can reside in Mexico where they pay no taxes, contribute nothing and the residency requirements for the school district are waved. And paying no taxes is a very wonderful benefit provided them, yet they have all the access to our schools and taxpayer provided county hospitals they would want.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:46 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
I don't give a crap who any of you vote for. My friends and I, and family members, want somone who is tough on immigration period. No more panzy, no more wuss as what we have now. Someone who does not kiss Mexican butt, and is going to protect our borders period.
Somone who does not make exxcuses why we can't or how he needs the hispanic vote, we all know this, wise up please.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't give a crap who any of you vote for. My friends and I, and family members, want somone who is tough on immigration period. No more panzy, no more wuss as what we have now. Someone who does not kiss Mexican butt, and is going to protect our borders period.
Somone who does not make exxcuses why we can't or how he needs the hispanic vote, we all know this, wise up please.
Homeland Security is nothing but a big joke. You have adults illegals getting by with posing as school children, how difficult would it be for a terrorist to pose as one also and fool the border agents?

And considering the horrendous crimes taking place in Mexico, it would be extremely easy for a sicario who just finished decapitating someone to just hop on a school bus headed for Deming. Most likely many have.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:53 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Four more illegal immigrants have entered Deming aboard a Deming Public School's bus. The incident came a week after a Mexican national was arrested for entering the country illegally and riding a school bus to town.

4 more enter country illegally on Deming school bus (3:48 a.m.) - Las Cruces Sun-News

How much easier can we make it for illegals to come over? You can bet illegals come in on these buses all the time.
lol @ the notion of entering Deming "illegally"...

You must have not seen my post on the first incident? Being from El Paso, you should know the geography. Note that this article was more correct (thanks to a certain reader that replied to KOB-TV), and did report that the passengers board the bus at the U.S. side of the Port of Entry. This defines certain parameters:

The passengers have already come through the Port of Entry, if it was with false documents, the CBP Inspecting Officers did not detect it; The passengers did not enter the United States illegally from riding the school bus.

The bus goes through a permanent Border Patrol checkpoint a few miles north of Columbus, with a distance of another half hour to get to Deming; If any passengers did not have proper documentation, the Border Patrol checkpoint officers did not stop them and/or detect them.

News of the first incident was reported statewide, then nationally; If the CBP and Border Patrol officers realize that they did not detect him (he was reported to the Deming Police Department for his first law enforcement contact) at all on that occasion, maybe they should have changed their operational procedures at that point. Being satisfied by those showing Deming school spirit and studies is not the same as checking U.S. passports and school rosters with a photo.

Sounds like it is time for the lead CBP/Border Patrol supervisor at Columbus to be relieved of duty, and the laughable "Department of Homeland Security" remove charges and rehire the fine officer Joel Helle they once had in their employment, to put him at that "Colum(school)bus" position: Ex-U.S. officer's border bans to be reviewed - British Columbia - CBC News (barring "dozens of Canadians, before leaving over harassment conviction")

He would teach them how to run that show, he probably just had something against those devious 'Canucks' at the old position...

Either that or I'm calling for nation-wide "pat-downs" of all schoolbus passengers (hey it would make our schools safer, errm except if the kid with a gun walked to school instead) because our fine CBP and Border Patrol officers are doing a hard job and we are lucky to have them (and Deming Police to back them up in matters of national security)...

Old 09-29-2011, 09:04 PM

I don't think they should be having these buses go to the border to pick up non-resident students coming over for a free ride.

They are residents of a school district in Mexico and maybe if the kids had to go to schools in Mexico, their parents would want to have some schools built over there. It's an enormous cost to taxpayers but the parents choose to live over there just to avoid the very high taxes we must pay.

And also these cases show how lax things are on the border, pretty much any fake document will serve, if the illegal needs documents at all. And yes because of where I live, I do know how very easy it is to come illegally over that border.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:14 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't think they should be having these buses go to the border to pick up non-resident students coming over for a free ride.

They are residents of a school district in Mexico and maybe if the kids had to go to schools in Mexico, their parents would want to have some schools built over there. It's an enormous cost to taxpayers but the parents choose to live over there just to avoid the very high taxes we must pay.

And also these cases show how lax things are on the border, pretty much any fake document will serve, if the illegal needs documents at all. And yes because of where I live, I do know how very easy it is to come illegally over that border.
Schoolbuses were debated here before, and determined not to be ¨welfare¨...

Palomas is not doing well lately, much of the tourism and dental work visits from the U.S. have dropped off. Other documents aren´t accepted now, it is either a U.S. Passport, Resident Card, or visa. Crossing Cards can´t be used to get to Deming, it is more than 25 miles away from the border (the Border Patrol checkpoint would screen for that).

What ¨very high taxes¨ are you talking about paying from El Paso, for a school district in New Mexico?...

Makes you wonder about crossing at the desert, when you can get right through a Port of Entry and Border Patrol checkpoint. The Department of Homeland Security has been pretty quiet about these incidents. What do you think of my idea to put Agent Joel Helle in charge there?

Old 09-30-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Schoolbuses were debated here before, and determined not to be ¨welfare¨...

Palomas is not doing well lately, much of the tourism and dental work visits from the U.S. have dropped off. Other documents aren´t accepted now, it is either a U.S. Passport, Resident Card, or visa. Crossing Cards can´t be used to get to Deming, it is more than 25 miles away from the border (the Border Patrol checkpoint would screen for that).

What ¨very high taxes¨ are you talking about paying from El Paso, for a school district in New Mexico?...

Makes you wonder about crossing at the desert, when you can get right through a Port of Entry and Border Patrol checkpoint. The Department of Homeland Security has been pretty quiet about these incidents. What do you think of my idea to put Agent Joel Helle in charge there?
I didn't say schoolbuses are welfare but it's absurd they go to a port of entry to pick up non-resident students of the district. Those kids can attend school where they reside, in Palomas.

In fact this kind of patronizing harms Mexico, we feel we must do everything for them because they can do nothing for themselves, and that just keeps them from building their own public schools, hospitals and so on.

I don't pay taxes to New Mexico, I didn't say I did -- but the exact same thing goes on all the time in El Paso, cheapskate parents, often very wealthy live in Juarez so they don't have to contribute to property taxes, and an very expensive county hospital, and as a result taxes in El Paso are absurdly high with so many of users living in Juarez where they don't pay dumping all the costs on those who live over here.

What's very strange is that American kids are supposed to attend the district in which they reside and the parents have to provide proof, but they happily sign up the kids who live in Mexico. And of course the "student lines" at the port of entry are not checked for visas.

I suspect the same thing goes on at the Columbus port of entry, there is likely a student line that isn't checked for visas or papers and hurried through every day and has become convenient for adults to jump into. Maybe these illegals didn't even want to go to Deming but if they were using the student line with hundreds of students from Palomas and suspected an agent might be watching them after they got over, they had to get on the school bus to avoid revealing they weren't actually students.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:06 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Why not build a bridge for them to come here?

Old 09-30-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Why not build a bridge for them to come here?
They have. What do you think those ports of entry bridges are all about? Illegals are getting through even along-side and under the Bridge of the Americas in El Paso and I'm sure the other bridges as well. There are people in Juarez who seem to "know" when the officials on the bridge won't be looking, when they will be on the other side and so won't notice all the illegals coming in just alongside and below the bridge.

The student lines move very fast - they don't want to let these non-resident kids have to be late for their free USA school or miss out on free breakfasts at those schools. It's being made as convenient for them as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration