U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-30-2011, 07:46 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,102,360 times
Reputation: 2199

Advertisements

Quote:
"The laws could be potentially abused in ways that were not fair to Latino citizens in Arizona," Obama said.....we thought that there was a great danger that naturalized citizens -- individuals with Latino surnames -- potentially could be vulnerable to questioning." ..Arpaio said:"He's a lawyer; he is pretty sharp to avoid direct questions. ... He made some comments talking about people being stopped because of their name. He didn't like the 1070 law, he connects me with 1070. And my answer is: I am just doing my job, and I arrest everyone that violates the law, and I am not going to stop."


What abuse Obama?
If he was so concerned about abuse he would stop illegals from having anchors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-30-2011, 07:49 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,243,243 times
Reputation: 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post

What abuse Obama?
If he was so concerned about abuse he would stop illegals from having anchors.
Sheriff Arpaio makes a great point. Obama's a lawyer - he's great at making compelling statements without all the details in order to convince less informed people that he is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2011, 09:09 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,156,126 times
Reputation: 2130
I'd like to know what Obama means by people will be targeted with Hispanic surnames. How will they be "targeted"? He is just blowing smoke and we all know that. There will always be times when someone of a Hispanic surname will be asked for I.D. under lawful circumstances just as someone who's last name is Smith, Jones, etc. But everytime a Hispanic is asked for I.D. the screams of racial profiling will start by the ethnocentrics whose only agenda is to protect illegal aliens of their ethnic kind or whom they have ethnic ties to. Why can't they just be honest about that rather than claiming all Hispanics will be racially profiled? It doesn't fly anyway since Hispanics here legally would have nothing to fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2011, 09:34 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,102,360 times
Reputation: 2199
Yes & Hispanics could marry a Wilson or Jackson. Obama's reasoning doesn't fly with me either. Everyone will be asked. Why does he feel Hispanics will be targeted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2011, 09:46 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,156,126 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Yes & Hispanics could marry a Wilson or Jackson. Obama's reasoning doesn't fly with me either. Everyone will be asked. Why does he feel Hispanics will be targeted?
He like the ethnocentrics are just using that as an excuse not to enforce our immigration laws since most illegals in our country more than likely have a Hispanic surname. Usually the rhetoric is "brown skinned" people will be targeted. As you said, not all Hispanics have a Hispanic surname anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2011, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
2,868 posts, read 4,043,274 times
Reputation: 5229
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I'd like to know what Obama means by people will be targeted with Hispanic surnames. How will they be "targeted"? He is just blowing smoke and we all know that. There will always be times when someone of a Hispanic surname will be asked for I.D. under lawful circumstances just as someone who's last name is Smith, Jones, etc. But everytime a Hispanic is asked for I.D. the screams of racial profiling will start by the ethnocentrics whose only agenda is to protect illegal aliens of their ethnic kind or whom they have ethnic ties to. Why can't they just be honest about that rather than claiming all Hispanics will be racially profiled? It doesn't fly anyway since Hispanics here legally would have nothing to fear.
↑ ↑ ↑ THAT ↑ ↑ ↑
Reps to you! Great Post!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2011, 10:45 PM
 
3,856 posts, read 3,164,888 times
Reputation: 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post

What abuse Obama?
If he was so concerned about abuse he would stop illegals from having anchors.
The only ones being abused is American taxpayers.

And that Hispandering a$$ clown Obama is looking out for the abusers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2011, 11:00 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,127,548 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
The only ones being abused is American taxpayers.

And that Hispandering a$$ clown Obama is looking out for the abusers.
Just like Rick Perry, but, we'll not get into that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2011, 01:28 AM
 
3,856 posts, read 3,164,888 times
Reputation: 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Just like Rick Perry, but, we'll not get into that
Sure why not, it's no secret that this issue caused his dive in the polls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2011, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,238,764 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Yes & Hispanics could marry a Wilson or Jackson. Obama's reasoning doesn't fly with me either. Everyone will be asked. Why does he feel Hispanics will be targeted?
Yep. An I know of a few with anglo names. The mayor of Globe his name is Fernando Shipley, from Mexico as a kid but came here legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top