U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-01-2011, 08:15 PM
 
256 posts, read 238,981 times
Reputation: 67

Advertisements

Homeland Security breathing down their necks. Hope it was worth it, are we having fun yet?


Fayetteville Company Fined in Illegal Aliens Case - ArkansasMatters.com

Fayetteville, Arkansas – Homeland Security, ICE and the County Sheriff’s Office busted a landscaping company for knowingly hiring illegal aliens and was sentenced to three years’ probation for harboring illegal aliens for financial gain. The All Around Landscaping Corporation was fined $ 40,000.00 by the District Judge.

Authorities determined that the landscaping company employed 125 employees and that 38% of those employees were of illegal aliens, (47 illegal workers). One of the illegal alien workers was none other than the companies own human resources manager, imagine that.

Hiring illegal aliens violates the federal laws. The All Around Landscaping Corporation cut a plea deal with the Feds and pled guilty to one count felony, charging the company with harbouring illegal aliens for financial gain and has to pay $ 100,000,00 fine to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in the form of a monetary judgment to represent property derived from the commission of a crime.

Last edited by Obey_The_Laws; 10-01-2011 at 08:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-01-2011, 08:42 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,479,957 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey_The_Laws View Post
Homeland Security breathing down their necks. Hope it was worth it, are we having fun yet?


Fayetteville Company Fined in Illegal Aliens Case - ArkansasMatters.com

Fayetteville, Arkansas – Homeland Security, ICE and the County Sheriff’s Office busted a landscaping company for knowingly hiring illegal aliens and was sentenced to three years’ probation for harboring illegal aliens for financial gain. The All Around Landscaping Corporation was fined $ 40,000.00 by the District Judge.

Authorities determined that the landscaping company employed 125 employees and that 38% of those employees were of illegal aliens, (47 illegal workers). One of the illegal alien workers was none other than the companies own human resources manager, imagine that.

Hiring illegal aliens violates the federal laws. The All Around Landscaping Corporation cut a plea deal with the Feds and pled guilty to one count felony, charging the company with harbouring illegal aliens for financial gain and has to pay $ 100,000,00 fine to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in the form of a monetary judgment to represent property derived from the commission of a crime.
Great...they got one. Only another 50,000 to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2011, 11:42 PM
 
Location: Oregon
222 posts, read 184,929 times
Reputation: 158
Whoever owns the business should be locked up and not allowed to own a business for 10 or more years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 12:16 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Yes, the jefes should spend time in prison and that fine was on the light side. If it were at least $10,000 each alien, they'd have to forfeit $470,000 and that doesn't begin to pay for the costs on the taxpayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 12:42 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,773,289 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, the jefes should spend time in prison and that fine was on the light side. If it were at least $10,000 each alien, they'd have to forfeit $470,000 and that doesn't begin to pay for the costs on the taxpayers.
And yet (in that state) they seem to have a blind
eye in the case of "Tyson" chicken farms, one of the
biggest industries in the state.

Gee, can anyone spell Clinton ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Another slap on the wrist. Their “fine” equals a measly $2,127 per illegal worker. Yes, that will certainly be a HUGE deterrent for them, and other illegal employers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 09:14 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Another slap on the wrist. Their “fine” equals a measly $2,127 per illegal worker. Yes, that will certainly be a HUGE deterrent for them, and other illegal employers.
Yes, it doesn't send a very loud message, and apparently they think the American people can't divide and realize how low this fine was. The fines should be at least $10,000 per illegal and there should be prison time when more than 3 or 4 illegals are found employed by any individual or business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 AM
 
29,988 posts, read 35,842,224 times
Reputation: 12719
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, the jefes should spend time in prison and that fine was on the light side. If it were at least $10,000 each alien, they'd have to forfeit $470,000 and that doesn't begin to pay for the costs on the taxpayers.
Agreed, it was a symbolic slap on the wrist with a wink, wink to not do it again. Prison time and a much higher fine would have been more appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 09:34 AM
 
256 posts, read 238,981 times
Reputation: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, the jefes should spend time in prison and that fine was on the light side. If it were at least $10,000 each alien, they'd have to forfeit $470,000 and that doesn't begin to pay for the costs on the taxpayers.
Excellent idea, I think you're on to something there. The businesses should be made to pay whatever it costs the taxpayers in real money. That would be like putting heads on poles and warning business owners to tread lightly or else!

Last edited by Obey_The_Laws; 10-02-2011 at 10:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 AM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,479,957 times
Reputation: 2661
It is a classical plea bargain. The feds don't have to prove it all in court...which can be very difficult. And it costs a bundle to pursue if the defendant puts up a hard defense. So the feds spend a couple of hundred thousand and the perp walks...a jury is going to be a gamble in such a situation.

I am skeptical this ever gets solved by the criminal law. Just does not work well in such situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top