Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 10:18 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,071,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I would think that equating the Southern Poverty Law Center with Communism generally indicates a racist.

I read things like Fox news and CIS and FAIR and check their sources. Does not turn me into a Right wing nut.
How would being against communism be considered racist?

Old 10-09-2011, 10:41 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,129,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
How would being against communism be considered racist?
It is similar to suggesting that they are the boogie man. It generally means an irrational fear with no foundation.

Lacking any rational reason racism is a reasonable supposition based on the roots of the SPLC...

Old 10-09-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
It is similar to suggesting that they are the boogie man. It generally means an irrational fear with no foundation.

Lacking any rational reason racism is a reasonable supposition based on the roots of the SPLC...
That's a bit far-fetched. You are dismissing the reason as to why the SPLC was called a communist website, or don't seem to know the ties of the SPLC or where in they place articles in many communist publications. Ken Silverstein has numerous articles about the questionable fund-raising techniques of the SPLC.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
That's a bit far-fetched. You are dismissing the reason as to why the SPLC was called a communist website, or don't seem to know the ties of the SPLC or where in they place articles in many communist publications. Ken Silverstein has numerous articles about the questionable fund-raising techniques of the SPLC.
YOu have some source showing communist ties by the SPLC? Please list them.

It would appear that the big complaints raised about the SPLC is that it has too much money and is affilitiated with the ADL.

I wait with baited breath to here how those complaints indicate communist influence.

Last edited by olecapt; 10-09-2011 at 11:28 PM..

Old 10-09-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
YOu have some source showing communist ties by the SPLC? Please list them.
Potok has had numerous articles published in "Peoples World". John Rossomando of the Daily Caller has an article about it. SPLC article featured in communist newspaper | The Daily Caller

There are also other claims out there Southern Poverty Law Center, a Communist Front (credible? don't know) but as I said, you need to understand why Obey_The_Laws commented the way (s)he did.

I don't agree with the SPLC and I take whatever they claim with a grain of salt, as for them being communist or tied to communists, that is up to each to decide for themselves. Like I said, I don't understand how you reached the conclusion that equating the Southern Poverty Law Center with Communism generally indicates a racist. And I still don't.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Potok has had numerous articles published in "Peoples World". John Rossomando of the Daily Caller has an article about it. SPLC article featured in communist newspaper | The Daily Caller

There are also other claims out there Southern Poverty Law Center, a Communist Front (credible? don't know) but as I said, you need to understand why Obey_The_Laws commented the way (s)he did.

I don't agree with the SPLC and I take whatever they claim with a grain of salt.
So you have nothing?

The republication of articles bears little weight. I suspect the commies sometimes publishes the Constitution or pieces of it. Does that imply those that support the constitution are commies?

As I said the only rational complaints I see are over the resource levels and funding. Nothing else appears to have any substance.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
So you have nothing?

The republication of articles bears little weight. I suspect the commies sometimes publishes the Constitution or pieces of it. Does that imply those that support the constitution are commies?

As I said the only rational complaints I see are over the resource levels and funding. Nothing else appears to have any substance.
Read what I posted again... I never claimed to have anything, I merely explained why Obey_the_Laws commented that way, and that I fail to understand how you reached the conclusion that equating the Southern Poverty Law Center with Communism generally indicates a racist. And I still don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.