Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 12:26 PM

256 posts, read 286,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Why is it that the illegals that come here from South of the border to seek a better life, can't change their life in their country? If they look at their children and feel nothing but hopelessness then why can't they get enough back bone to change their country, and way of life as many other nations have around the world ? Is it the lack of courage/Backbone? Or is it the fact that it is easier to steal and sneak around like a common thief than try to make that kind of change where you are born? Is it truly easier to come here and take from the people who have done this already?

Coming here in the back of a truck, or swimming across a river, is no sign of bravely. It takes such a coward, to run from its own nation, and not to try and fight or even die for change for a better tomorrow. I and many others have given and lost so much in order to keep freedom here, and we don’t like the idea of giving it away to nothing more than a coward that runs from its own country. You have to earn Citizenship in the United States, not steal it and live in the safety we provide from us as you do.

There is a process and laws, and for those that don’t try to follow it, then you need to be deported, and labeled a thief here.
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 01:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,349,532 times
This is what open borders is all about folks.
We have no enforcement; what we have is come and go at your pleasure.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:33 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,293,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
No more excuses for illiteracy (especially from you "English-Only" yucks) and just flat out saying dumb stuff. Hearing other incorrect phrasing from the same member (with multiple insults and name-calling after corrections and speaking my opinion), I don't know what they believe to be true. Until they clarify what was meant, I'm taking the statement at face value.

And if you continue to put words in another member's mouth without their input as to what they probably meant, it will need to be hashed out by a higher authority...

The insults towards me did it, mocking my service and insinuating that I would buy a false Certificate of Citizenship (for $125), making a whole new ball game...

The gloves are off...

BTW, it isn't solely "papers" to cross the Southern border, it must be at a defined Port of Entry, with a U.S. passport, Resident Card, or valid visa/Border Crossing Card as appropriate...
When you know damned well what someone means why do you continually pretend that you don't? "English only yucks"? What's that suppose to mean? I don't know of anyone who is proposing that. English as our official langauge, yes! Not the same thing.

There have been plenty of insults hurled in here by your side including you, so pot, kettle, black. Example is your above remark. A don't think a "yuck" is exactly a compliment.

Where the heck am I putting words in someone elses mouth? I don't nit-pick and know what someone means even though they may not express themselves with exact perfection. I think you do also but as I said you just don't like their message.

Quote: "Crossing the Southern border is against the law and that's all the reason we need to deport border crossing illegal aliens. By protecting our border we attemp to keep out illegal alien scum".

Now just who wouldn't know that this person is talking about crossing our southern border illegally when they read this quote in its entirety? Who in the world would take that to mean that no one can cross our southern border even with the proper papers?

Last edited by chicagonut; 10-08-2011 at 03:09 PM..

Old 10-08-2011, 04:00 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,836,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
When you know damned well what someone means why do you continually pretend that you don't? "English only yucks"? What's that suppose to mean? I don't know of anyone who is proposing that. English as our official langauge, yes! Not the same thing.

There have been plenty of insults hurled in here by your side including you, so pot, kettle, black. Example is your above remark. A don't think a "yuck" is exactly a compliment...
You are misinterpreting my terminology, case in point...

Quote:
...Where the heck am I putting words in someone elses mouth? I don't nit-pick and know what someone means even though they may not express themselves with exact perfection. I think you do also but as I said you just don't like their message.

Quote: "Crossing the Southern border is against the law and that's all the reason we need to deport border crossing illegal aliens. By protecting our border we attemp to keep out illegal alien scum".

Now just who wouldn't know that this person is talking about crossing our southern border illegally when they read this quote in its entirety? Who in the world would take that to mean that no one can cross our southern border even with the proper papers?
You overhear a complaint:

¨There is a streetlight by my office that hasn´t worked all Summer. It isn´t on when I go into work, and isn´t on when I leave.¨

Correct the claim, without knowing or asking any further information. Do you base your opinion on how the person appears? Is it worth considering that news article from some months ago about a maintenance budget problem with the city, since a Hispanic-surname employee embezzled from their Public Works Department?

I know there is some here that would make the immediate leap that ¨illegals¨ have bankrupted the municipality...

And the city also employs ¨illegal aliens¨...

I´m taking it at face value, your translation to put words in someone´s mouth won´t be heeded by me...

Old 10-08-2011, 04:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,293,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You are misinterpreting my terminology, case in point...

You overhear a complaint:

¨There is a streetlight by my office that hasn´t worked all Summer. It isn´t on when I go into work, and isn´t on when I leave.¨

Correct the claim, without knowing or asking any further information. Do you base your opinion on how the person appears? Is it worth considering that news article from some months ago about a maintenance budget problem with the city, since a Hispanic-surname employee embezzled from their Public Works Department?

I know there is some here that would make the immediate leap that ¨illegals¨ have bankrupted the municipality...

And the city also employs ¨illegal aliens¨...

I´m taking it at face value, your translation to put words in someone´s mouth won´t be heeded by me...
You don't need to heed my translation. I quoted the remarks by that poster in its entirety and its meaning is prettty clear.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:17 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,137,680 times
Quote:
You don't need to heed my translation. I quoted the remarks by that poster in its entirety and its meaning is prettty clear.
You actually are saying that you see your own inference with great clarity.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Is it also clear that the streetlight complainer has a high probability of being a 9:00 to 5:00 worker?...

That is how I regard some claims here...

Unverified, you just don´t know where they are coming from...

Old 10-09-2011, 09:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,584,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
NY Times makes an interesting point about the prevalence of repeat crossers in the people now crossing the border illegally...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/03/wo...ed-states.html

You deport them come right back. Send them to the pen when they get out and get deported they come right back.
Yes, so much for Obama and Napolitano's Homeland Security. There is essentially no border at all. Illegals are coming over by the hundreds of thousands every month, and are allowed to do so.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, so much for Obama and Napolitano's Homeland Security. There is essentially no border at all. Illegals are coming over by the hundreds of thousands every month, and are allowed to do so.
CAIR says - See my post #21 - an average of 10,000 per day...

Your math seems to match that (but their information also blames earlier administrations - not solely Obama's), perhaps you can glance over how I summed it up for them...

Old 10-09-2011, 11:03 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,137,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Nope. Tens of thousands perhaps. Recent numbers indicate less than 150,000 per annum nowadays from Mexico.

And the population of illegals appears to have dropped and stabilized.

It will certainly increase again when the economy picks up but that may still be a ways off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration