U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 01:50 AM

41 posts, read 81,693 times

Advertisements

The Aztec god,Huitzilopchtli, is the constellation Taurus.

The story of his conception and birth is a mythologized account of the crab nebula supernova event of May24-Jul8,1054.

"He" led the Mejica Aztecs away from their home,"by Aztlan",in the Aztec year "1 flint",which began on,duh,May 24,1064.

Aztlan/the Goosenecks is only mentioned because it is a reference point for their observations.The valley of Mexico was their ancestral homeland.

Look up the myth of Huitzilopchtli and then...
Try this;
Using a star mapping program,set the viewing location for the Goosenecks SP,Utah,viewing south @1830UTC on May 24,1054AD.
This is what the Mejica saw almost 1000 years ago.
The sun,directly over "Mexico city",is being impregnated by a "ball of feathers" /the crab nebula.
The Hyades,the central portion of Taurus,is due south,"the South".The crab nebula is the "hummingbird to the left" in Taurus.
This is in the daytime ,but these are excellent astronomers.
The rest of the myth comes into play on June8,1054@1830UTC,with a solar eclipse(battle),and then again in July of that year.

Herons are blue.

I could go on in great detail,but you guys seem smart enough to figure it out for yourself.

Information like this could destroy the "chicano" movement.
Thanx LEarl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 08:57 AM

4,799 posts, read 7,286,584 times
In addition to the fine post above, is anyone else aware of the fact that the word "Aztlan" was coined by a European man in the 1800's?

Just another fact the reconquista movement likes to conveniently overlook.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:14 AM

634 posts, read 2,466,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
In addition to the fine post above, is anyone else aware of the fact that the word "Aztlan" was coined by a European man in the 1800's?

Just another fact the reconquista movement likes to conveniently overlook.
I didn't know that.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:24 PM

8,971 posts, read 13,893,582 times
Had me a brother-in-law who flew Delta from LA to Charlotte---seems to me he had a layover in Aztlan---I know he was drinking when he phoned....

Old 08-28-2007, 11:51 PM

You missed the point KELE.
Aztlan is not several states once claimed by the spanish,it's a barren,howbeit,lovely park in SE Utah.

Rumor control;It was first placed on maps by a european about 200 years ago,it was not coined by him.(I'll get back to you with his name.)

After WWII,the US had a guest worker program.
When the Mejicanos went into California the Indians were working the fields.
The Mejicanos started calling themselves "Chicanos",Mexico's scalp bounty hunters,and began to terrorize the indians and growers.
This threat of violence led to a military operation called "Operation *******".
The Mejicanos regrouped,claiming to belong to the long extinct(1524a.d.) "Mejica" tribe, and in the 1960's unionized the fields(in CA,no "rez's" in TX) to exclude indians,"Ethnic Cleansing".
"Aztlan" does not include CA,AZ,TX,NM,CO,...so,to them, the actual location must remain "unknown".

Aztlan is a state park in Utah,not a US birthright for spaniards.

The word "Chicano" is "hate speech".

I use the original Mejica/Mejicano spelling out of respect for those Spaniards/Mestizos who don't buy into this "scalp-hunter thang".

Thanx for your tolerance of actual indigineous peoples.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:49 AM

2,087 posts, read 886,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comanchewarrior View Post
Aztlan is not several states once claimed by the spanish,it's a barren,howbeit,lovely park in SE Utah.

Rumor control;It was first placed on maps by a european about 200 years ago,it was not coined by him.(I'll get back to you with his name.)

The Mejicanos started calling themselves "Chicanos",Mexico's scalp bounty hunters,and began to terrorize the indians and growers.
The Mejicanos regrouped,claiming to belong to the long extinct(1524a.d.) "Mejica" tribe, and in the 1960's unionized the fields(in CA,no "rez's" in TX) to exclude indians,"Ethnic Cleansing".
"Aztlan" does not include CA,AZ,TX,NM,CO,...so,to them, the actual location must remain "unknown".

I use the original Mejica/Mejicano spelling out of respect for those Spaniards/Mestizos who don't buy into this "scalp-hunter thang".

Chicano
A relatively recent term that has been appropriated by many Mexican descendants as unique and therefore reflective of their unique culture, though its first usage seems to have been discriminatory. The most likely source of the word is traced to the 1930 and 40s period, when poor, rural Mexicans, often native Americans, were imported to the US to provide cheap field labor, under an agreement of the governments of both countries. The term seems to have come into first use in the fields of California in derision of the inability of native Nahuatl speakers from Morelos state to refer to themselves as "Mexicanos," and instead spoke of themselves as "Mesheecanos," in accordance with the pronunciation rules of their language (for additional details, refer to the file MEXICO on this same subdirectory). An equivocal factor is that in vulgar Spanish it is common for Mexicans to use the "CH" conjunction in place of certain consonants in order to create a term of endearment. Whatever its origin, it was at first insulting to be identified by this name. The term was appropriated by Mexican-American activists who took part in the Brown Power movement of the 60s and 70s in the US southwest, and has now come into widespread usage. Among more "assimilated" Mexican-Americans, the term still retains an unsavory connotation, particularly because it is preferred by political activists and by those who seek to create a new and fresh identity for their culture rather than to subsume it blandly under the guise of any mainstream culture.

For additional information and resources on Chicano Studies, a good starting point is the Chicano-Latino Network (CLNET) accessible through the University of California

I always heard mexicans refer to other mexicans as chicano. It seems it is acceptable to some and not others.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:15 AM

634 posts, read 2,466,061 times
"These are the critical years for us as a Latino community. We're in a state of transition. And that transformation is called 'the browning of America'. Latinos are now becoming the majority. Because I know that time and history is on the side of the Chicano/Latino community. It is changing in the future and in the present the balance of power of this nation. It's a game - it's a game of power - who controls it. You (to MEChA students) are like the generals that command armies. We're in a state of war. This Proposition 187 is a declaration of war against the Latino/Chicano community of this country. They know the demographics. They know that history and time is on our side. As one community, as one people, as one nation within a nation as the community that we are, the Chicano/Latino community of this nation. What this means is a transfer of power. It means control."

-- Armando Navarro, Prof. Ethnic Studies, UC Riverside at Latino Summit Response to Prop 187, UC Riverside, 1/1995

"There's only two forms of power in this country and in this world. One is economic power, We certainly don't have the economic power because we don't own the means of production, but there's another form of power, and that's the power of the masses. So you can be as revolutionary as you want, you can be Chicano nationalist, you can be Mexican-American, you can be Hispanic, you can believe in the concept of Aztlan, you can believe in the concept of multi-culturalism. Somebody can say 'Everybody here is wrong, I am the only one that has reached revolutionary completeness'. But the bottom line is that if we do not mobilize our community we are not putting together a setting - the parameters to establish a massive movement in our community. That's what this is about. And that's why I am here today - to talk about who here wants to organize the masses, and who here is interested in developing that movement that somebody earlier said that the sleeping giant is in a coma. I'll tell you that on October 16 ("Grande Marcha" against Prop. 187) 150,000 representatives from the sleeping giant were not in a coma but rather were marching down the streets of Los Angeles saying that enough is enough and we're no longer going to tolerate the racism against our community. The very essence of the dignity of our community is in danger right now. Luckily, we don't have to give our lives. We're not at that point, but we can give a little. What I would like to ask everybody here to give is not necessarily your life, but to give one moment of thought to what the importance of a national march on Washington DC in 1996 would mean for the mass movement of our community. Get ten people, ten people ready to go with us to that march to Washington DC in '96, and I guarantee you, just as we mobilized 150 (sic) people into the streets of Los Angeles on October 16, we can mobilize one million people and bring Washington to a standstill, and those rednecks that are out there making decisions for the betterment of their communities will think twice before they push forward anti-immigrant legislation against our community. And so that we can show our people that the time has come for us to come together on what brings us together instead of to sit down and bump heads. And I tell the students in the colleges, if you're still debating the question of whether they're Chicanos or Mexicanos, or Chicano/Mexicano, we're not learning from the lessons of ten, fifteen years ago. The time has come for unity - there's too many things that separate people, but we have to begin to look at what brings us together. And so I ask everybody here, how many of you agree if we can leave here with one thing today, that in 1996 we are going to Washington DC on a mass mobilization there to bring Washington to a standstill so that they know that we're there and that we begin to put into place those things that are necessary to insure that we advance the interests of our community. Raise your hands, those of you that agree with what I'm saying."

-- Fabian Nunez, formerly Alliance for Immigrant Rights, political liaison for L.A. School District, currently Speaker of the CA Assembly at Latino Summit Response to Prop 187 at UC Riverside, 1/1995

Old 08-30-2007, 06:22 AM

4,799 posts, read 7,286,584 times
Commanche Warrior--I did not miss the point. Controversy swirls around the connotation of the word "Aztlan." I simply added another dimension. I know more about Aztlan than I ever wanted to know. My father-in-law was a Meso American scholar of some renown and I was privy to a 30 minute lecture about all things Meso American, every night at the dinner table for a solid 5 years, before he passed away in March. Your theory is one of MANY...believe me, I've heard them all.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Chicano studies=racism

For "Chicano" to be "Aztec/Spaniard",you must alter 2 languages and cultures.(read>LIE!)
For it to be Comanche,common and very well documented,perfective.
The word first appears in Northern Mexican Scalp Bounty States in the 1850's.
Throughout the Americas,the Spanish have adopted all/part of local indigineous languages.
In the US,it's Comanche.
Adjective before the noun,unless it's Comanche.Comanche grammar is adjective before the noun.(i.e., "pinche/pinchi") You rednecks don't know "your own language"?
Tohtiya means bread in Comanche,it's a plains indian bread,and it is not a loan word.
Where does the flour "tortilla" come from? Comancheria.

Selling "Chicano" art;$250,000 for the first offense under the Indian Arts and Crafts Act of 1990.Second offense,bye bye whiteman!

So much for "chicano power",it's illegal.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:44 PM

3,432 posts, read 1,841,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comanchewarrior View Post

What gives the Chicanos the right to claim this land as theirs? They aren't even indigenous themselves, they're part European and part Native Indian. So no, for the most part and for the people which the border crossed them, our ancestors are indigenous to this continent. From all the racist Brown Supremacist "mofos" their whole agenda is in fact the retaking or reconquista, of the land they are rightfully belonged to. America. That is VERY disgusting and Anti-American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration