U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 11:27 AM

327 posts, read 262,108 times

Advertisements

Obama has made a serious effort to sue other states for making immigration laws,but fail to sue california for its tuition law for illegals? Where is Obama when you need him there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 11:45 AM

16,700 posts, read 18,917,881 times
A good question... I know... you pick and choose winners and losers when you run the Federal Government... didn't you realize that we have liberals running the government... We can't give everyone a fair shake otherwise... well, nobody would need a liberal...

Old 10-09-2011, 11:58 AM

4,827 posts, read 4,646,310 times
Because Obama is an illegal alien lover... Especially if they come from South of the border.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:29 PM

11 posts, read 6,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Because Obama is an illegal alien lover... Especially if they come from South of the border.
so you are saying that obama gots no love for europians, asians and africans and he only loves illegal aliens from south the border. is this just your opinion, or are there any facts behind it. do you think george w. bush did any different.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:35 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,646,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetosteron View Post
so you are saying that obama gots no love for europians, asians and africans and he only loves illegal aliens from south the border. is this just your opinion, or are there any facts behind it. do you think george w. bush did any different.

I am not defending George W. Bush. We are talking about Obama here. Please enlighten me on lawsuits Bush has thrown at states who have attempted to enforce the immigration laws of this country.

Obama showed up at a La Raza convention to pander. What do you have to say to that?

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2011..._plugs_dr.html

"Right off the bat, I should thank you because I have poached quite a few of your alumni to work in my administration. (Laughter.) They're all doing outstanding work. Raul Yzaguirre, my ambassador to the Dominican Republic -- (applause) -- Latinos serving at every level of my administration. We've got young people right out of college in the White House. We've got the first Latina Cabinet Secretary in history, Hilda Solis. (Applause.) So we couldn't be prouder of the work that so many folks who've been engaged with La Raza before, the handiwork that they're doing with our administration. And as Janet mentioned, obviously we're extraordinarily proud of someone who is doing outstanding work on the Supreme Court, Sonia Sotomayor. (Applause.)"

"What I told the gathering at the White House was we need your voice. Your country needs you. Our American family will only be as strong as our growing Latino community. (Applause.) And so we're going to take these conversations on the road and keep working with you, because for more than four decades, NCLR has fought for opportunities for Latinos from city centers to farm fields. And that fight for opportunity -- the opportunity to get a decent education, the opportunity to find a good job, the opportunity to make of our lives what we will -- has never been more important than it is today."

When Obama shows up to talk about how he wants to help our Asians and Europeans in this country, how proud he is to have descendant s of Irish, Australian, German, Italian folks in the office, let me know.

Nevermind. It's never going to happen.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:49 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
Obama has made a serious effort to sue other states for making immigration laws,but fail to sue california for its tuition law for illegals? Where is Obama when you need him there?
Obama will only sue states that try to curtail illegal immigration. As long as they roll out the red carpet to illegals, and refuse to enforce immigration laws, they’re A-OK.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:55 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
...When Obama shows up to talk about how he wants to help our Asians and Europeans in this country, how proud he is to have descendant s of Irish, Australian, German, Italian folks in the office, let me know.

Nevermind. It's never going to happen.
Well, I know he has at least one person of Irish descent in his administration...

Himself...

Old 10-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
There is nothing racist about the CA law, AZ law only attacks hispanics.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:22 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
There is nothing racist about the CA law, AZ law only attacks hispanics.
I didn’t realize the AZ law targets ONLY Hispanics. I thought it applied to ALL illegal aliens. Would you mind posting that “Hispanics-only” clause?

Old 10-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I didn’t realize the AZ law targets ONLY Hispanics. I thought it applied to ALL illegal aliens. Would you mind posting that “Hispanics-only” clause?
It was in there remember? They had to remove their candid racist clause....but they still apply it by only entering Hispanic neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or