U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-10-2011, 10:01 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,139,866 times
Reputation: 2200

Advertisements

Thats why we need more state laws like Alabama. Hispanics are the largest majority of illegals in this country.

 
Old 10-10-2011, 10:12 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,198,311 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Thats why we need more state laws like Alabama. Hispanics are the largest majority of illegals in this country.
The problem is that most of this Hispanic growth is due to illegal immigration and anchor babies. I don't have a problem with natural change that is accompanied by assimilation to our culture and language but there is nothing natural about the above.
 
Old 10-10-2011, 10:32 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,252,869 times
Reputation: 1758
Quote:
"A lot of people, from what I've seen, are uncomfortable with the growth," Love says. "They see the rising unemployment rate and think Hispanics are taking their job opportunities. There is also a misconception that illegal immigrants are receiving food stamps or Medicare or Medicaid, and that's not true."
But it is true. How can this guy say otherwise?
 
Old 10-10-2011, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,904,791 times
Reputation: 4207
Fact: Hispanics have the highest teen birthrate in the USA
Fact: Hispanics have the highest high school dropout rate in the USA
Fact: Hispanics have an incarceration rate nearly tripple that of Whites

Carry on.
 
Old 10-10-2011, 10:47 AM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,264,617 times
Reputation: 11578
I believe I read somewhere that 55% of latinos residing in the U.S. are here illegally. Food for thought.
 
Old 10-10-2011, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,032,654 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Fact: Hispanics have the highest teen birthrate in the USA
Correct, although teenage birthrates have decreased for all ethnic groups to the lowest levels since they were started to be recorded twenty years ago (CDC data):



Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Fact: Hispanics have the highest high school dropout rate in the USA
Hispanics of both genders have about the same dropout rate rates as Blacks of both genders...

Graduation rates of all ethnic groups are also at the highest level since the mid-80's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Fact: Hispanics have an incarceration rate nearly tripple that of Whites.
Incarceration rates nationwide show that Hispanics have double the incarceration rates of non-Hispanic Whites, and about half of the incarceration rates of non-Hispanic Blacks...

Why be focused on Hispanics overall, I though this was an illegal immigration forum...
 
Old 10-10-2011, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,032,654 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I believe I read somewhere that 55% of latinos residing in the U.S. are here illegally. Food for thought.
How do you tell a "Hispanic" from a "Latino"?...
 
Old 10-11-2011, 02:03 AM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,264,617 times
Reputation: 11578
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
How do you tell a "Hispanic" from a "Latino"?...
The same way that Mexicans automatically assume I'm latino but white non-Hispanic Americans assume I'm Italian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top