Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:30 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,533,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
You guys do realize this story and link that was given is from over a year ago and unfortunately this bill never got anywhere. Note how at the end it mentions Governor Rendell when he's been out of office for 10 months now.
Oops! I didn’t realize that. Thanks! What about the other bill I linked that passed re: licensing? Any updates?

Old 10-12-2011, 09:33 PM

11,212 posts, read 10,984,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I will agree that the lower economic class of all ethnic groups overwhelm their housing on occasion.

But I deny it is peculiar to illegal hispanics.
Spend any time in L.A. there Olecap?

Quote:
BS...you aware of some other group in PA? The Amish?

Are you really accussing the Amish of shaking up 20 to a single familiy?

Does not that make you feel a little well gentile?
The Amish are self sustaining for the most part. Don't be silly. What a pathetic pro-illegal liberal argument.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:46 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,153,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Spend any time in L.A. there Olecap?
Ever been in Cleveland? Louisville?

Quote:
The Amish are self sustaining for the most part. Don't be silly. What a pathetic pro-illegal liberal argument.
Some truth to that. Then again there really is nothing in Butler County but whites.

I am in no way pro illegal...merely anti-idiots. Which would be a full time role here but unfortunately I can't devote that much time to it.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Ever been in Cleveland? Louisville?
I'm sure that the overcrowding phenomenon exists in the low income black communities as well, but at nowhere near the level it does in L.A. with illegals, or any other city in the U.S. if illegals were to be able to have their way like they do in many California cities.

Quote:
I am in no way pro illegal...merely anti-idiots. Which would be a full time role here but unfortunately I can't devote that much time to it.
[/quote]

You may not be for illegal immigration, but your stance on what to do to curb it seems to be lacking. So, who are the idiots in your opinion? Do you consider the people on this forum to be intolerant for wanting to see this nonsense end?

I agree, this country needs to overhaul its immigration policies, but you can't argue that people should not be mad as hell for what they see going on in their communities. The II problem in this country is nothing short of a national embarrassment.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:19 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,299,954 times
I believe that Olecapt posted and mentioned some statistics in the thread about the Hispanic and non-Hipanic White population in a county in PA. I just wanted to say that it doesn't matter what a demographics percentage says, many illegal immigrants are not counted on any demographics report. With that said, that county's Hispanic population count has nothing to do with the possible illegal immigrant problem.

Also, as for PA, they do have an issue with illegal immigration, particularly in Philly and many of the smaller cities or towns. But, yeah, like someone said, this is their way of preventing the deterioration of their state and I think it is smart of any state to do such.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I'm sure that the overcrowding phenomenon exists in the low income black communities as well, but at nowhere near the level it does in L.A. with illegals, or any other city in the U.S. if illegals were to be able to have their way like they do in many California cities.
Quote:
You may not be for illegal immigration, but your stance on what to do to curb it seems to be lacking. So, who are the idiots in your opinion? Do you consider the people on this forum to be intolerant for wanting to see this nonsense end?

I agree, this country needs to overhaul its immigration policies, but you can't argue that people should not be mad as hell for what they see going on in their communities. The II problem in this country is nothing short of a national embarrassment.
I think the antis on this forum are pretty uniformly idiotic. There is no hope to their desire. We are not going to have a mass deportation. It ain't going to happen and that is really obvious if you think about its cost and difficulty.

A mass deportation will not occur because a substantial minority if not a majority of the population does not want it. To do such a thing requires virtually a consensus or it gets blocked.

Second even if you could get a consensus you would lose it as soon as the huge costs involved becomes clear.

Third even if you got it going it would run into a stone wall four or five years out as people realized it was going to take decades to get to victory. And it was going to be very ugly in the process.

So it ain't gonna happen.

But if you hold in there striving for it...nothing else can happen either. Those who would regularize the illegals also lack the consensus to make it happen. Hell they can't even get the DREAM act done which no thinking American would oppose.

The result of course is that we may well collect the worst of all worlds. When the economy picks up so will illegal immigration and it will continue until we exhaust the Mexican demographic involved. The only good news is that Mexican economic improvement may make immigration less desirable. So maybe we hit the end in 5 years instead of ten and 5 millin more instead of 8...

So stick to your guns...and watch it get worse...

Old 10-12-2011, 10:29 PM

The way you quoted your post Olecapt, was messed up, so disregard my first question. You have ditchlights' words as if they were your words.
Quote:

I think the antis on this forum are pretty uniformly idiotic. There is no hope to their desire. We are not going to have a mess deportation. It ain't going to happen and that is really obvious if you think about its cost and difficulty.

A mess deportation will not occur because a substantian minority if not a majority of the population does not want it. To do such a thing requires virtually a consensus or it gets blocked.

Second even if you could get a consensus you would lose it as soon as the huge costs involved become clear.

Third even if you got it going it would run into a stone wall four or five years out as people realized it was going to take decades to get to victory. And it was going to be very ugly in the process.

So it ain't gonna happen.

But if you hold in their striving for it...nothing else can happen either. Those who would regularize the illegals also lack the consensus to make it happen. Hell they can't even get the DREAM act done which no thinking American would oppose.

The result of course is that we may well collect the worst of all worlds. When the economy picks up so will illegal immigration and it will continue until we exhaust the Mexican demographic involved. The only good news is that Mexican economic improvement may make immigration less desirable. So maybe we hit the end in 5 years instead of ten and 5 millin more instead of 8...

So stick to your guns...and watch it get worse...
1. You asked the other person to identify who the idiots were. I ask you, just who here is an idiot because you just said that people here were "uniformly idiotic."

2. Why do you say that people would be against mass deportation because of costs? The Department of Homeland Security has already admitted that it would cost less to deport every estimated illegal immigrant than to allow them to remain here. Look it up, Google it. I've posted that report (from the DHS website and others) on this forum before.

3. You say that a large minority or even a majority are against mass deportation. When was the last survey or poll ran? Which of those are you using for that claim? Often those surveys are worded in a way that gives the poll taker no other option. Don't you think those numbers have changed amidst the public's greater knowledge of illegal immigration and illegal immigrants?

4. How could you even attempt to tell people here that if they "stick to their guns" that things will get worse? Things will get worse if people didn't do anything.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
I think the antis on this forum are pretty uniformly idiotic. There is no hope to their desire. We are not going to have a mass deportation. It ain't going to happen and that is really obvious if you think about its cost and difficulty.

A mass deportation will not occur because a substantial minority if not a majority of the population does not want it. To do such a thing requires virtually a consensus or it gets blocked.
Most people are not asking for a mass deportation. Most are simply wanting to shut down the benefit and welfare train that this country ushers to the ones that keep coming here illegally.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Most people are not asking for a mass deportation. Most are simply wanting to shut down the benefit and welfare train that this country ushers to the ones that keep coming here illegally.
Another indication of the idiocy. There is no gravy train. The illegals want work and to a large extent they get it. It is all they need.

And the vaunted attack on the evil employers even if highly successful will simply drive the illegals to the black market but not out of the country. So we can actually make it more costly and bad for us to tightly enforce the employment laws.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Another indication of the idiocy. There is no gravy train. The illegals want work and to a large extent they get it. It is all they need.

And the vaunted attack on the evil employers even if highly successful will simply drive the illegals to the black market but not out of the country. So we can actually make it more costly and bad for us to tightly enforce the employment laws.
Just because they "WANT" work doesn't mean that they won't also take the assistance they can get from the government WHILE working. Why do you hide by this idea that they just want to work, work, work? If they are working and they have three or four kids, unable to provide for them all even with this "work" that they have and the government is going to help them, do you think they are always going to turn the help away?

I can not believe the people that hide behind the assumption that all illegal immigrants want to do is work. Yeah, sure. Most of us want to do better, have money, not live in poverty, but that doesn't mean it keeps us from taking more than we give. How can we allow that from illegal immigrants while legal residents and citizens are going through the same thing?

Illegals just want to work, blah, blah, blah. Go into a food stamp office, a Wal-Mart, a county clinic or a public school and you tell me if they are just working.

Some people are so oblivious to what is really going on. For me, I can't say much of what I know because of the work I do, but they aren't JUST working.

Now, who is the REAL idiot here? This person even had enough nerve to say, "That is all they need," in regards to what illegal immigrants need. If that was all that they need then why the continued demands on our cities, states and federal government? There's not enough work to support a family of two adults and three children on a so-called illegal immigrant's salary. I mean, we aren't going to admit that they are living good as illegal immigrants are we? After all they only work for measly wages right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.