U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 03:05 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
My name is Tania Chairez; I am undocumented, unafraid and unapologetic.

And here I am, almost 3,000 miles away from home at our prestigious University. Here I am, no longer willing to sit in the shadows as my rights are being violated.

I am undocumented and will continue to fight for my rights as a human being and as an unrecognized American who is redefining what it means to be a “citizen.”
The Daily Pennsylvanian :: Tania Chairez | Undocumented and unapologetic

There's plenty of sob in this article. Yet, not a single word of gratitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 03:19 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,645,479 times
You will never see those people say thank you. It's just give me give me give me! It's beyond ridiculous. The definition of ingratitude needs to be changed to illegal aliens.

You know one thing I have noticed? This attitude seems to be more common among those who come here illegally from South of the border.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:26 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The Daily Pennsylvanian :: Tania Chairez | Undocumented and unapologetic

There's plenty of sob in this article. Yet, not a single word of gratitude.
Yeah. What a self indulgent piece of tripe. Americans are painted as racists jerks who have the nerve that to be ungrateful that she and her family deigned to show up in our country without permission. The fact that we haven't deported them for violating our laws for many years and have in fact rewarded her bratty, whiny, self pitying, santimonious rear with a seat at one of our most prestigious universities means nothing to her. At no point does she express any criticism of Mexico for treating her family poorly. Oh no. It's all on and on about the rotten Americans who want to enforce our immigration laws.

You really want to identify with people like her. But it's impossible when she buries her message in such loathing for the very people she's allegedly trying to persuade. She and her line skipping parents are more than welcome to get themselves back to Mexico. The sooner the better. The last thing we need or want here are people who bring nothing with them but a chip on their shoulder when they skip the immigration lines.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:31 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,241,231 times
Wharton, wow.

So illegals are just here to do the jobs we won't do..... and also go to the prestigious schools that we don't want to attend right?

Will ICE deport her now?

Old 10-13-2011, 03:34 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
No honey, you aren't "undocumented" you are an illegal alien. Your human rights are not being violated and your rights in this country are very limited.
You as an illegal alien trespasser are re-defining what a citizen is in this country? Your remarks are completely delusional and arrogant. Go home where you belong along with your parents if they are here illegally also. Don't let the door hit you in the behind.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:43 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Wharton, wow.

So illegals are just here to do the jobs we won't do..... and also go to the prestigious schools that we don't want to attend right?

Will ICE deport her now?
Of course they won't deport her. She's the best and brightest. And the best and brightest get what they deserve: freedom from our laws and the right to a free college tuition. At least according to our idiotic elected officials hellbent on currying favor with the hispanic vote . . .

Old 10-13-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Yeah. What a self indulgent piece of tripe. Americans are painted as racists jerks who have the nerve that to be ungrateful that she and her family deigned to show up in our country without permission. The fact that we haven't deported them for violating our laws for many years and have in fact rewarded her bratty, whiny, self pitying, santimonious rear with a seat at one of our most prestigious universities means nothing to her. At no point does she express any criticism of Mexico for treating her family poorly. Oh no. It's all on and on about the rotten Americans who want to enforce our immigration laws.

You really want to identify with people like her. But it's impossible when she buries her message in such loathing for the very people she's allegedly trying to persuade. She and her line skipping parents are more than welcome to get themselves back to Mexico. The sooner the better. The last thing we need or want here are people who bring nothing with them but a chip on their shoulder when they skip the immigration lines.
Amen! Amen! Amen!

Old 10-13-2011, 04:07 PM

3,395 posts, read 3,205,734 times
For someone who got into such a prestigious university, this was a pretty stupid thing to do. Now, when prospective employers Google her (and they will), this will pop up on the first page. Nobody is going to want to employ someone that could get deported any minute.

Stupid.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Wharton, wow.

Will ICE deport her now?
Of course ICE won’t deport her. That’s why she has enough gall to display her name and email address on the internet for all to see. These Dreamies are thumbing their noses at us and flaunting their illegal status. But, why not? Only “racists” oppose them.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:23 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,479,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course ICE won’t deport her. That’s why she has enough gall to display her name and email address on the internet for all to see. These Dreamies are thumbing their noses at us and flaunting their illegal status. But, why not? Only “racists” oppose them.
Sounds like a fine American to me. Has that "Don't tread on me" flag wrapped tightly about her busom.

Nah not a citizen but a fine American.

And virtually certain to end up a citizen and a highly successful one.

Why do you guys all bay at the moon over one of the few good things to come out of this fiasco. Those kids are pretty good stuff and will be a major asset to the nation in time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration