U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 02:44 AM

421 posts, read 339,941 times

Advertisements

How can anyone possibly disagree with not hiring illegals? Makes no logical sense what so ever. I would have thought all Americans would agree on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2006, 11:55 AM

2,098 posts, read 5,792,885 times
We're forgetting the key word ILLEGAL, aka, not supposed to be here, aka, wrong, against the law....need I say more? They need to go back to their country and/or do what they're SUPPOSED to if they want to live here. We'd never get away with this if we did it to other countries. Or better yet, do we go to other countries and demand that they put up signs in English for us, or let's say...Portugal or even China...do they have to press one to speak Portuguese or Chinese instead of English? Come on people, this is America, our country, if we don't fight for it, who will????? We need to stop letting people guilt us into giving in to their every want and desire!!!! They want to live here because it's a "free" country but they don't respect what the country was founded on....not to mention most of the illegals send the money they make back to their own countries where their families still live....why are we letting them get away with that? Anyone who thinks it's okay to hire illegals is just a cheap b*stard who doesn't want to even pay minimum wage to our own kind. Wake up.

Old 09-10-2006, 02:29 PM

126 posts, read 286,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Butterbeans said,"We have a small carpentry company that will never be able to expand because we refuse to hire illegals, but we would pay out more than we bring in if we hire American. So my husband is left doing all the work, but at least we have our pride. =)"

America needs more people like you and your husband. Cheers to you!
I Thank you and my husband Thanks you.

Old 09-10-2006, 02:53 PM

173 posts, read 372,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbeans4 View Post
I Thank you and my husband Thanks you.
Even more cheers to you!

Old 09-10-2006, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
Even more cheers to you!
My husband is enjoying the praise, it's not everyday he gets a pat on the back for (as he says) "Just being a hard working southern man" it's nice to know he's appreciated. Thanks again.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:32 PM

2,098 posts, read 5,792,885 times
You know, back to that post regarding the person who WOULD hire illegals....did you ever think about what they think of us, as a whole, as a society? They must think we're ignorant. It makes ME think that THEY'RE thinking "ha, ha, suckers, we're taking your jobs and your money and you don't even realize what you got yourselves into". Is that what you want people to think of America and/or Americans? Like some countries don't think bad of us already, you want to succumb to more of that?

Old 09-10-2006, 11:08 PM

311 posts, read 550,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
We're forgetting the key word ILLEGAL, aka, not supposed to be here, aka, wrong, against the law....need I say more? They need to go back to their country and/or do what they're SUPPOSED to if they want to live here. We'd never get away with this if we did it to other countries. Or better yet, do we go to other countries and demand that they put up signs in English for us, or let's say...Portugal or even China...do they have to press one to speak Portuguese or Chinese instead of English? Come on people, this is America, our country, if we don't fight for it, who will????? We need to stop letting people guilt us into giving in to their every want and desire!!!! They want to live here because it's a "free" country but they don't respect what the country was founded on....not to mention most of the illegals send the money they make back to their own countries where their families still live....why are we letting them get away with that? Anyone who thinks it's okay to hire illegals is just a cheap b*stard who doesn't want to even pay minimum wage to our own kind. Wake up.
You would think that at some point the meaning of "illegal" would sink in....unless the alternative way of thinking (who cares if its illegal) is so ingrained in the mentality. One of our state house of representatives once said "I saw the poor people in Mexico and I wept." I suggested to him that he stay in his home state and visit among the poor people here. I see nothing wrong in helping a person who is going through a hard time, but when that person decides to "live off the government" as the way to make a living, it makes me very angry. You made a really good point in the statement "We need to stop letting people guilt us into giving into their every want and desire" because I believe many have decided that guilt will work with many.
Good post, pixieshmoo

Last edited by Yac; 09-11-2006 at 02:14 PM..

Old 09-11-2006, 10:15 AM

246 posts, read 205,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbeans4 View Post
I hate to break it to you, but those tomatoes are mostly from seasonal farm workers and they are Legal, Walmart makes deals with manufacturers and then sells a great Volume of merchandise which accounts for the low prices, and I don't even know what you mean by not eating at Denny's. And just in case you mistakenly think I am pro-illegal, I am not. We have a small carpentry company that will never be able to expand because we refuse to hire illegals, but we would pay out more than we bring in if we hire American. So my husband is left doing all the work, but at least we have our pride. =)
Find sandbox. Dig hole. Insert head.

Those "seasonal" farm workers: illegal.

Those crews cleaning Wal-Marts at night: illegal.

Those cooks flinging breakfast at Denny's: illegal.

But then again if you eat at Denny's a bit of self-delusion is probably a good thing. You don't want to know what Paco's putting into the sauce on your Eggs Benedict.

Bon appetit.

Magpies

Old 09-11-2006, 12:05 PM

1,735 posts, read 4,146,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'd say $10,000 for the first offense.

Second offense gets you $100,000.

Third offense, your CEO goes to jail. Mandatory 6 months prison.

Fourth offense, you lose your business license, the government seizes all company assets, and the CEO gets mandatory 5 years in prison.

Do that, and I suspect we won't have an "illegal immigration" problem for very long.
You definitely have to target the businesses immediately. I would start at a $100k fine per employee for the first offence and revoke their business license for any offence after the first.
In another post they were talking about the middle class going away. Illegal immigration driving down wages is the reason. My neighbor’s son worked in construction and made a decent living until all the illegals came. His boss offered to keep him, but the pay was one third what he was paying. How many can take that kind of pay cut and continue to work?

Old 09-11-2006, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpiesMagpiesMagpies View Post
Find sandbox. Dig hole. Insert head.

Those "seasonal" farm workers: illegal.

Those crews cleaning Wal-Marts at night: illegal.

Those cooks flinging breakfast at Denny's: illegal.

But then again if you eat at Denny's a bit of self-delusion is probably a good thing. You don't want to know what Paco's putting into the sauce on your Eggs Benedict.

Bon appetit.

Magpies
Since you must be the most informed, worldly person on the Earth, Please enlighten me as to how you think that Walmart could actually get away with hiring that many illegals? Just in case you haven't noticed Walmart is watched very closely. (probably thanks to anti-Walmart people such as yourself) It is still illegal to hire Illegal immigrants always has been . What it boils dwon to is WHO GETS CAUGHT. Not everyone is audited by the DOL, but my company was, and if I paid out money to ANYONE I sure as hell better have proof that they were documented (SS card) CITIZENS. (I'll repeat that we have never hired illegal immigrants) The companies that hire ilegal immigrants are the ones that don't verify the employees info (or they just won't) and then don't get audited ,(either by the IRS or the DOL) or they 1099 fake SS #'s and as long as no one double checks then they are scott free and get to write off all that money in labor. If you understood how businesses are run you would know that. And don't write back saying "Oh I own my own business, blah blah blah." because you've already said enough for this entire forum, or anyone that has EVER had to file paperwork for a corporation, to know that you have no clue what you are talking about. And maybe in my particular experience I have never seen anyone other than a White guy cooking at Denny's when I order scrambled eggs and whole wheat toast,( hold the special sauce.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or