Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 01:50 AM

511 posts, read 2,450,994 times

Advertisements

So many people say that the illegal alens in America should just do the right thing and apply for legal status. Just fill out the paperwork to become legal then they would be OK. Simple as that. If only it was so easy! Others say the current illegal immigrants should go back to their own country and fill out the forms to come back legally. While others say that because they came here illegally they should be deported and then never be allowed to return to America legally. (The broke the law so they should be penalized and denied the ability to every apply for citizenship.)

What do you believe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 04:00 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,985,212 times
Let them go back home and we will decide later.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:37 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
If they self deport then they may apply to re-enter legally. If we have to deport them then part of applying to re-enter should be to repay the USA the cost of their deportation before they can be granted a VISA.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:10 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
So many people say that the illegal alens in America should just do the right thing and apply for legal status. Just fill out the paperwork to become legal then they would be OK. Simple as that. If only it was so easy! Others say the current illegal immigrants should go back to their own country and fill out the forms to come back legally. While others say that because they came here illegally they should be deported and then never be allowed to return to America legally. (The broke the law so they should be penalized and denied the ability to every apply for citizenship.)

What do you believe?
DONT make waves here an go HOME before ICE gets you, no questions asked. Im talkin bout illegal aliens. If caught then deported its a 10 year ban.

The USA will decide if we need you; otherwise; wait in line at HOME.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:19 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
They should NEVER come back. Period.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:36 AM

511 posts, read 2,450,994 times
Many people just assume that it is all so easy. If you snuck into the country you should just report to the closest ICE office, fill out the forms and poof you are now legal and everyone should love you.

Others think that just because you broke the law to come here should not disqualify you from becoming a citizen. Again, just fill out some forms and make yourself legal.

You wonder how many of the current illegals in our country would have stood a chance to make it to America legally. I suspect, very few if any.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:37 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
Quote:
Many people just assume that it is all so easy. If you snuck into the country you should just report to the closest ICE office, fill out the forms and poof you are now legal and everyone should love you.

Others think that just because you broke the law to come here should not disqualify you from becoming a citizen. Again, just fill out some forms and make yourself legal.

You wonder how many of the current illegals in our country would have stood a chance to make it to America legally. I suspect, very few if any.

I know the process thank you.

So freaking what?

I want to go to Harvard University but I could never afford it in a million years. My grades are not Harvard type either. Yeah, a 3.5 GPA won't get me in.

So do they need to change their Admissions process so I can get in? Should they bend over and backwards for me because I WANT TO GO TO HARVARD?!?!!

Nope.

I want a Bentley...but I cannot afford one. I want a house but I cannot afford one...So someone needs to buy me one or lower the price so I can buy those things....right?

WRONG!

Just because you want something, doesn't mean it should be given to you.

Since when did coming to the United States of America become a right?

Old 10-23-2011, 08:41 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I know the process thank you.

So freaking what?

I want to go to Harvard University but I could never afford it in a million years. My grades are not Harvard type either. Yeah, a 3.5 GPA won't get me in.

So do they need to change their Admissions process so I can get in? Should they bend over and backwards for me because I WANT TO GO TO HARVARD?!?!!

Nope.

I want a Bentley...but I cannot afford one. I want a house but I cannot afford one...So someone needs to buy me one or lower the price so I can buy those things....right?

WRONG!

Just because you want something, doesn't mean it should be given to you.
I couldn't have said it better myself. We have quotas for legal immigration annually for very good reasons. Should we change them to accomodate the billions of poor across the world that want to come here and live and commit national suicide? I don't think so!

Old 10-23-2011, 08:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:

It's not supposed to be "so easy". We have well over 310,000,000 people in this country and the population is growing at a very high rate. We have no job creation, but lots of welfare handouts, Medicaid, food stamps that encourage all the wrong people to want to come.

I believe that if an illegal has no crime of any kind on his record, no evidence he was ever here, no deportation orders, no DWIs, no children in our schools, no unpaid hospital bills, then he has a valid option to go back home and if he wishes to apply to come here legally then yes, fill out the papers, pay the fees, and get in line.

But if he cannot compete with a very long line of people also wanting to come here, too bad so sad. We cannot take in every misfit, every impoverished person looking for the easy life, everyone who loves American money more than his own country.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:54 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,123 times
Quote:
Actually many people think that if you snuck into this country you should leave it. If you wish to enter this country you apply for permission from your own country. If you are denied entry.... to bad, there was a reason for it.

Quote:
Again, some believe that they have been here long enough that they should be granted citizenship with an amnesty.

Quote:
What's wrong with them applying for a non-immigrant visa (H2A) for which they could come here legally? I suspect had they done this many if not all could be here legally. The issue now arises to the employer, farmers complain that the H2A is to burdensome for them to use and these jobs are seasonal, lasting only 3-5 months while the H2A requires a minimum job time and payment for work, the "three-fourths guarantee". http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs26.pdf (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration