Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 07:32 AM

556 posts, read 785,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post

Btw... Why don't we have a federal equivalent of state measures and propositions?
We do have a petition signing site at the federal level. https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions

Old 10-23-2011, 11:27 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,553,260 times
Its got my vote.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:40 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,387,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohmixer View Post
We do have a petition signing site at the federal level. https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions
That carries no more legal weight than a suggestion box on the front gate.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:01 PM

22,629 posts, read 24,490,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Ever been to a third-world country, tick? Somehow I doubt it ...

Yes, I have been to quite a few third world countries.

Many parts of this once fine country resemble 3rd-6th world countries. These 3rdworldarmerit*rdo areas come to us courtesy of insane liberals and their destructive policies...........Oh yeah, I must not forget to throw in anti-wh**e policies that the Demor*ts and some Republir*ts implement with glee.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:

Why....because I don't agree with your DOGMA.....well, I must be an inbred redneck????

Old 10-23-2011, 04:36 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,867,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Why....because I don't agree with your DOGMA.....well, I must be an inbred redneck????
Heh ... I never expressed a dogma for you to agree or disagree with ... Nope ... your rhetoric in all your posts identifies you without any help from me ... tell me what 3rd - 6th world countries you have been to ... seriously ... I'm curious to know.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:41 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,056,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
I suspect it will follow the path of Prop 187. Get on the ballot, get overwhelming support, and the federal courts will swat it down
Unfortunately I agree. Even more unfortunately IMO the whole thing (187, AZ's SB 1070, CA's Dream Act, no border control, no employer enforcement) is going to continue going the same direction because the political will of whoever/whatever is controlling this country wants it that way.

Meanwhile parts of America are getting to seem more and more like third world countries, lots of poor people and poverty, small rich class, and the worst part of it all, a shrinking middle class (that would be me).

The funny thing, so many people are convinced that the country is headed in the wrong direction (numerous public polls over the last year), yet nobody can agree on what to change, and things just keep getting worse and worse.

I don't think anything will stop it. I would feel better if somebody can convince me that I'm wrong.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:13 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,867,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Unfortunately I agree. Even more unfortunately IMO the whole thing (187, AZ's SB 1070, CA's Dream Act, no border control, no employer enforcement) is going to continue going the same direction because the political will of whoever/whatever is controlling this country wants it that way.

Meanwhile parts of America are getting to seem more and more like third world countries, lots of poor people and poverty, small rich class, and the worst part of it all, a shrinking middle class (that would be me).

The funny thing, so many people are convinced that the country is headed in the wrong direction (numerous public polls over the last year), yet nobody can agree on what to change, and things just keep getting worse and worse.

I don't think anything will stop it. I would feel better if somebody can convince me that I'm wrong.
I could agree that we are on a path to a modern-day version of Feudalism ... but we do not resemble a third-world country by any stretch ... and we won't go back to that ... our infrastructure, however in partial disrepair here and there, is modern and technologically sound ... and the wealthiest among us, while sociopathic, do not wish to live rich in a third-world environment. Our path has developed into a dumbing-down of the proletariat through mindless, titillating entertainment venues including: the internet, and computer games, "smartypants phones" (yeah, and internet forums ) -- and "medicines": pills to help survive self-abuse -- the ways we eat and drink etc., and pills to make sad lives happy through chemistry rather than personal discovery of ourselves and the world we live in. The super-wealthy profit on the consumer stupidity enhanced by these things and so we are on our way -- already well along -- to virtual living in fantasy land. We are not on any return to third-world style decay ... just moral, intellectual, and personal-health decay.

"All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol; none of their defects."

"..there is always soma, delicious soma, half a gramme for a half-holiday, a gramme for a week-end, two grammes for a trip to the gorgeous East, three for a dark eternity on the moon..."

Huxley took the name for his novel's infamous pill from the fabled drink of the Indo-Iranians and Vedics and Persians ...
Soma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Much more realistic than even Orwell's "1984"
Y'all enjoy now -- h'eah?

Old 10-23-2011, 06:25 PM

[quote=Lovehound;21404740]Unfortunately I agree. Even more unfortunately IMO the whole thing (187, AZ's SB 1070, CA's Dream Act, no border control, no employer enforcement) is going to continue going the same direction because the political will of whoever/whatever is controlling this country wants it that way.

I don't think anything will stop it. I would feel better if somebody can convince me that I'm wrong.[/quote]

Nope, you are right on the mark............more and more 3rd world cities on the way...........good job United States Of Amerit*rd.

And there is no turning back..........both sides have their minds made up....the Republir*ts and Demor*ts WILL NOT work together for the good of this failing country.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:15 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,668,036 times
Quote:

I have...as a matter of fact, I grew up in a 3rd world country... and certain areas of California resemble one.

Same goes for areas where the illegal alien population is high.

They leave their countries and bring their way of life here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.