U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 10:29 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times

Advertisements

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - It was just another schoolyard basketball game until a group of Hispanic seventh-graders defeated a group of boys from Alabama.
The reaction was immediate, according to the Mexican mother of one of the winners, and rooted in the state's new law on illegal immigration.
"They told them, You shouldn't be winning. You should go back to Mexico,' " said the woman, who spoke through a translator last week and didn't want her name used. She and her son are in the country illegally.
[LEFT]
Read more: Ala. immigration law spurs bullying, parents say
[/LEFT]

I feel bad for the kids cause there parents are stupid for bein here illegally.

Try speakin English an you may have less problemes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 10:43 AM

327 posts, read 262,108 times
How is that bullying? More lies. The kids were just telling the truth.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:50 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Sore losers for sure, but they're right. Illegals shouldn't be here.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:03 PM

5,771 posts, read 6,967,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - It was just another schoolyard basketball game until a group of Hispanic seventh-graders defeated a group of boys from Alabama.
The reaction was immediate, according to the Mexican mother of one of the winners, and rooted in the state's new law on illegal immigration.
"They told them, You shouldn't be winning. You should go back to Mexico,' " said the woman, who spoke through a translator last week and didn't want her name used. She and her son are in the country illegally.
[LEFT]
Read more: Ala. immigration law spurs bullying, parents say
[/LEFT]

I feel bad for the kids cause there parents are stupid for bein here illegally.

Try speakin English an you may have less problemes.
Lol

Old 10-22-2011, 09:11 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
It's not nice or right, but that type of bullying (in relation to Mexicans or someone assumed to be from South of the Border) has been going on for a LONG time. When I was growing up, back in the 90s, there was always some sort of picking-on going on about someone being Mexican or something. I saw this article the other day and it was obvious that they are trying to make it seem like the Ala. law brought this on. That stuff has been going on forever.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:21 PM

74 posts, read 191,092 times
English is a very difficult language to learn especially when your parents do not speak it. I know first hand that anti-Hispanic prejudice in the US has been going on for basically ever, but I do believe that this law has exacerbated the problem by introducing the issue to very young children, and because it revolves around the school system (bullying's most natural habitat).

Old 10-22-2011, 09:37 PM

532 posts, read 875,884 times
Second-generation residents (the children of first-generation immigrants), generally do speak English.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:15 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Bullying should never be tolerated. Some kids have resorted to suicide. Kids can be so mean.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:05 AM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
It's not nice or right, but that type of bullying (in relation to Mexicans or someone assumed to be from South of the Border) has been going on for a LONG time. When I was growing up, back in the 90s, there was always some sort of picking-on going on about someone being Mexican or something. I saw this article the other day and it was obvious that they are trying to make it seem like the Ala. law brought this on. That stuff has been going on forever.

Oh give me a brake. The first thing any illegal learns
is how to cry & whine. Probably its the first thing they
teach thier kids. Makes me want to puke.

Its all propaganda and they use it like a whip. If they
don't get thier way they are being "bullied" or"picked
on" and you must be a "racist" gringo. Mexicans try
to do a lot of picking-on other races. La Raza isn't a
biased group or any thing, huh?

If they feel kicked around, I have a suggestion, Go
Home and don't come back.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:06 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal794 View Post
English is a very difficult language to learn especially when your parents do not speak it. I know first hand that anti-Hispanic prejudice in the US has been going on for basically ever, but I do believe that this law has exacerbated the problem by introducing the issue to very young children, and because it revolves around the school system (bullying's most natural habitat).
What messes the rep of us Chicanos up is the numbers of ILLEGAL aliens. Most are from Mexico an Central America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or