Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 07:15 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

"Few Americans realize the plight of Black America as to immigration. Congress’ inept continuance of relentless immigration has created the highest unemployment among Black Americans ever in the history of this country. The late Barbara Jordan understood it completely. She worked tirelessly to curb mass immigration before she died."

"Rejecting amnesty proposals, Jordan testified to Congress, “Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave.”

OfficialWire: Frosty Wooldridge: African-American Congresswoman Barbara Jordan And Immigration Reform (http://www.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=303136 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 08:51 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Hope her struggles will not go in vain.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
She's absolutely right. Sadly, many black citizens today fail to understand that illegal immigration has disproportionately displaced black low-skilled workers. They're too busy buying into the "civil rights" BS being fed by the CBC and the NAACP in relation to illegal immigration. I cringe each time I see a black official or news commentator defending illegal aliens. It's hard to believe they can be so intelligent, yet so easily duped.

Last edited by Benicar; 10-19-2011 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 10-19-2011, 12:04 PM

Blacks always had a problem with immigrants until the 60's civil rights movement. Now its illegals.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Blacks always had a problem with immigrants until the 60's civil rights movement. Now its illegals.
I can't speak for others, but I have never had a problem with immigrants. My opposition to illegal immigration is based solely on their total disregard for our laws, not their race, ethnicity, or national origin.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I can't speak for others, but I have never had a problem with immigrants. My opposition to illegal immigration is based solely on their total disregard for our laws, not their race, ethnicity, or national origin.
not speaking of you but in history before the civil rights movement Federick douglass & many blacks were opposed to immigration due to being displaced from work

Old 10-19-2011, 01:18 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Want to start out with LOVE Barbara Jordan. She was a great woman! And I agree with her on illegal immigration as a black woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I also do not have a problem with immigrants or immigration as long as it is legal. I do understand the historical opposition to immigration due to the loss of jobs for black Americans but this was not unique to black Americans. Whites also have always had a problem with immigration, even to this day if you look at it from a general point of view.

Quote:

ITA

Old 10-19-2011, 01:21 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
She's absolutely right. Sadly, many black citizens today fail to understand that illegal immigration has disproportionately displaced black low-skilled workers. They're too busy buying into the "civil rights" BS being fed by the CBC and the NAACP in relation to illegal immigration. I cringe each time I see a black official or news commentator defending illegal aliens. It's hard to believe they can be so intelligent, yet so easily duped.

And really I don't buy into the fact that black Americans are for illegal immigration solely based on Civil Rights. Maybe I am not in the minority though but I live in a majority black city and the majority of the black people I know do not support illegal immigrants having rights or any access to our society and feel that illegals should be imprisoned or deported. I feel the media is portraying a false view of the situation in this regard and that the CBC and NAACP are not representative of the views of most blacks in America.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:18 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"Few Americans realize the plight of Black America as to immigration. Congress’ inept continuance of relentless immigration has created the highest unemployment among Black Americans ever in the history of this country. The late Barbara Jordan understood it completely. She worked tirelessly to curb mass immigration before she died."

"Rejecting amnesty proposals, Jordan testified to Congress, “Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave.”

OfficialWire: Frosty Wooldridge: African-American Congresswoman Barbara Jordan And Immigration Reform (http://www.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=303136 - broken link)
Simple enough. It's a shame the organization she helped co-found has not only renounced these ideals but openly advocates for amnesty.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
And really I don't buy into the fact that black Americans are for illegal immigration solely based on Civil Rights. Maybe I am not in the minority though but I live in a majority black city and the majority of the black people I know do not support illegal immigrants having rights or any access to our society and feel that illegals should be imprisoned or deported. I feel the media is portraying a false view of the situation in this regard and that the CBC and NAACP are not representative of the views of most blacks in America.
I don't personally know any black citizen who supports illegal immigration, including the most liberal. However, some are being influenced by people such as Al Sharpton, who never misses an opportunity to defend his illegal "brown" brothers and sisters, and considers illegal immigration a civil rights issue. Remember, he was one of the most vociferous voices opposing SB 1070, and participated in the protests. He also had a well-publicized sparring session with Joe Arpaio. Of course, Sharpton is too stupid to realize illegals are only his brethren in his delusional, opportunistic mind. Unfortunately, the opinions expressed by far too many black commentators, particularly those on MSNBC and CNN, are very much akin to the CBC/NAACP pro-illegal stance. But, you’re right. They certainly do not speak for most black Americans. I know they don’t speak for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration