U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 09:09 PM

47,576 posts, read 57,627,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkit711 View Post
They are still undocumented...that would be like claiming they became legal if they had phoney paperwork.

Does not work that way.
Yes but that's why it's better to say they are illegal because their documents are illegal, it's not that they don't have documents, they don't have valid or legal ones, usually they're stolen documents.

Just like this family:

SUEÑO AMERICANO CON CHAPUZA (http://www.lapolaka.com/component/flexicontent/item/13688.html - broken link)

6 people with American birth certificates, 3 adults, 3 children and driving right through the legal port of entry but this group got caught. Many do not get caught but the smart ones just buy the cheap (only $140) border crossing card that lets them come legally and easily through the ports of entry and then just stay here as long as they please.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:54 PM

4,184 posts, read 7,719,472 times
I think we all do.
either the person has a point of view that illegal immigrants need to become legalized, or the publication is trying to sooth emotions towards the pro-illegal side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
Everytime I see an article supportive of illegal aliens and illegal immigration as a whole they always use the word "undocumented." As soon as I see the word "undocumented" in a news article I know they are going to be supportive of illegal immigrants, so I stop reading.

Anyone else notice this?

Old 10-26-2011, 11:55 PM

387 posts, read 503,143 times
DHS refers them as unauthorized immigrants nowhere they call them illegal
immigrants
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/s...ll_pe_2010.pdf

Old 10-27-2011, 12:12 AM

3,951 posts, read 3,512,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
DHS refers them as unauthorized immigrants nowhere they call them illegal
immigrants
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/s...ll_pe_2010.pdf
There are other federal government agencies that do refer to them as illegal immigrants. Even President Obama who is buddy-buddy with illegal immigrants refers to them as illegal immigrants.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:34 AM

5,302 posts, read 3,930,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
There are other federal government agencies that do refer to them as illegal immigrants. Even President Obama who is buddy-buddy with illegal immigrants refers to them as illegal immigrants.
And he is definitely in charge of how they should be referred to...

Old 10-27-2011, 12:46 AM

3,951 posts, read 3,512,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And he is definitely in charge of how they should be referred to...
Considering he is the most known ringleader of amnesty, immigration reform, I'd say that his usage of it is pretty telling. He is also THE leader of the United States, so his usage is pretty telling and influential.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:25 AM

9,243 posts, read 6,955,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
Everytime I see an article supportive of illegal aliens and illegal immigration as a whole they always use the word "undocumented." As soon as I see the word "undocumented" in a news article I know they are going to be supportive of illegal immigrants, so I stop reading.

Anyone else notice this?
Incorrect terminology.

Would you a call a shoplifter a shopper?

Old 10-27-2011, 08:04 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,197,277 times
Quote:
They clearly are aliens

They clearly are illegal

They clearly are undocumented

They clearly are immigrants

They can fairly be described as undocumented, illegal, alien immigrants.

Then everybody can be happy.

They may or may not be criminal.
They are clearly not immigrants. They did not go through our immigration system legally.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:03 AM

126 posts, read 96,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
They are clearly not immigrants. They did not go through our immigration system legally.
Immigrant has no such requirement

a person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence.

No requirement he do so legally.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:47 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,338,654 times
Quote:
Immigrant has no such requirement

a person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence.

No requirement he do so legally.
There's no requirement that someone follow immigration laws if he wishes to be called an immigrant?

Really?

Illegals aren't immigrants. Immigration implies permanency. Illegals can be deported at any time. Immigrant also implies law abiding would be citizen. Illegals are none of these things.

I call them illegals or illegal aliens just to annoy their idiotic supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or