U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 07:53 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,699,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkit711 View Post
I will admit that I have no idea what the situation is like since 9/11. I suspect though it has probably gotten worse. The authorities always crack down on the long term visas...but the short term ones are protected by the tourist industry.
It is actually the short term visa that has been cracked down on since 9/11. Prior, only needed a drivers license to go to Mexico, now need a passport.

Quote:
And thinking about it far more than 30 or 40 times. Likely well over 100. I may have been legal on occasion but it was rare.
Anytime you went through a port of entry and were granted access you were legal, which means you were never an illegal alien even though you may have violated the terms of your visit.

Quote:
YMMV...those who know little often feel they are expert.
And those that brag about themselves usually have a type of syndrome.

Quote:
And I was pretty much identical to similar US business travelers over the period from about 1970 to 1995.
As the laws from then are almost impossible to now find, they were much more lax then they are now, which still never made you an illegal alien back then.

Quote:
You of course know better. And we have beaten another thread to death.
Know better? I merely pointed out the fact that you made a claim (you were an illegal alien 30 - 40 times, now you claim it to be closer to 100 times) and in turn you proved my point (you never were an illegal). you were the one to claim I am vastly more knowledg[e]ab[l]e [sic] in this area than you. I've never claimed anything, Olecapt.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:38 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,440,540 times
Quote:
I will admit that I have no idea what the situation is like since 9/11. I suspect though it has probably gotten worse. The authorities always crack down on the long term visas...but the short term ones are protected by the tourist industry.

And thinking about it far more than 30 or 40 times. Likely well over 100. I may have been legal on occasion but it was rare.

And I was pretty much identical to similar US business travelers over the period from about 1970 to 1995.

so what you are telling us is that; since you have broken the law by crossing the border illegally and therefore are a criminal in doing so, that you can identify with other criminal aliens as you have done the same thing in the past.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:23 PM

126 posts, read 97,815 times
Hey One day in 1992 or so I went back and forth at least ten times between the secure and the not secure areas of Schiphol airport. And I once arrived in Stuggart when the entire security system was down and we simply walked through the gates.

And each time I am sure I committed an illegal act.

And only last week I drove 42 in a 35 mph zone.

Naive...very

Old 10-28-2011, 10:08 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,440,540 times
Quote:
Hey One day in 1992 or so I went back and forth at least ten times between the secure and the not secure areas of Schiphol airport. And I once arrived in Stuggart when the entire security system was down and we simply walked through the gates.

And each time I am sure I committed an illegal act.

And only last week I drove 42 in a 35 mph zone.

Naive...very

it looks like you were a criminal each and every time you crossed the border illegally.

Old 10-29-2011, 01:37 AM

387 posts, read 507,854 times
Quote:

The visa is only for entering United States the length of stay is determined
at POE by Immigration who write it on I-94 the maximum you can stay is 6 months on a tourist visa for student visa immigration writes D/S for duration of status and similar on non immigrant work visas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or