Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 04:51 AM

387 posts, read 590,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Their very presence in this country is criminal. It is a criminal offense to be an illegal alien here as well as most other countries in the world.
It's only criminal if you were deported and found again without permission
They don't charge you with illegal entry unless you have a criminal record
For first time it just a civil infraction not criminal

Old 10-28-2011, 05:20 AM

327 posts, read 319,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Gettin caught a 2nd time here illegally IS a felony. Fake IDs are a felony. Many libs say what I just said so it aint just right wing people.
Yet dhs says it similar to j walking.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:42 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Gettin caught a 2nd time here illegally IS a felony. Fake IDs are a felony. Many libs say what I just said so it aint just right wing people.
I know first hand, when they come into resturants to get them, the illegals run out the back doors...go home for a few months then come back...these resturants pay all of them under the table...I know, b/c I've seen it...and, to boot...the owners are not held accountable?

Some of the cooks who worked many other places were just discussing this yesterday...and laughing at our laws, and how these illegals get away with it, they know just how to work the system.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:54 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,692,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Illegal is criminal.
Right on. Funny how that is always glossed over.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:12 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Right on. Funny how that is always glossed over.
you go to any other country in the world and try to pull this, and watch what happens...what is really a kick in the teeth is how braisen they are about it and protest....that really erks me...if immigration wanted to seriously gather them all up and ship them back, why don't they crash those protests..it's a freakin joke and so unfair to the rest of the citizens of this country.

My girlfriend came here all by herself from Thailand, put herself through college, worked very hard at learning the language and became an American citizen, this is a kick in the teeth to her....you should hear how livid she is about this....

Old 10-28-2011, 12:52 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,070,963 times
They should use the term illegal alien as alien refers to someone who belongs to a foreign country, illegal aliens hold the allegiance of their nation. Immigrant is a person who comes to live in another country permanently. Illegal aliens only come here for economic purposes, most do not plan to stay here forever.

Those caught within the interior of the country have the opportunity to ask for a hearing through the immigration courts (criminal hearing and an order of deportation will arise if unable to gain status), or they can sign a waiver and be deported with only a bar of returning for a limited time. This amounts to a slap on the wrist. If however they are caught a second time then they can be charged with a Felony.

A first offense for EWI (usually caught crossing the border), a Class 4 Federal Misdemeanor and is an Administrative Offense (only equivocal to a civil offense, but because it is the Federal Government it is actually a criminal hearing through the Immigration Courts or they can sign a waiver), plus they are barred for 3 years. A second offense is a Class 6 Federal Felony, jail, fine, and 10 year bar.

Those who overstay a visa are out-of-status until they have orders of deportation against them, if they remain past the date of ordered deportation they then become illegal aliens and charged with Class 4 Federal Misdemeanor.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:57 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,070,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkit711 View Post
Nope. Simply a right wing fetish. Never true Never will be. Been an illegal alien perhaps 30 or 40 times in my life. Never remotely criminal.
Really, Olecapt? 30 - 40 times an illegal alien, that explains a lot. Was that entering the US or ....?

Old 10-28-2011, 01:20 PM

126 posts, read 118,285 times
American businessmen routinely travel on business to countries around the world on tourist visas or cards. That is virtually always illegal.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:26 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,692,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkit711 View Post
American businessmen routinely travel on business to countries around the world on tourist visas or cards. That is virtually always illegal.
Best spin I've ever heard

In that case, why do the millions of illegal "businessmen" here never return to their companies?

Old 10-28-2011, 01:38 PM

13,631 posts, read 20,722,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
Everytime I see an article supportive of illegal aliens and illegal immigration as a whole they always use the word "undocumented." As soon as I see the word "undocumented" in a news article I know they are going to be supportive of illegal immigrants, so I stop reading.

Anyone else notice this?
Of course. As someone else said, its sugar coating. It implies that their status is merely a clerical error that can be cleared up.

However annoying, at least the word "immigrant" is preceded by something. Its better than simply saying "immigrant" and thus mixing the very, very different notions of legal and illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.