U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 01:18 PM

511 posts, read 1,971,200 times

Advertisements

Everytime I see an article supportive of illegal aliens and illegal immigration as a whole they always use the word "undocumented." As soon as I see the word "undocumented" in a news article I know they are going to be supportive of illegal immigrants, so I stop reading.

Anyone else notice this?

Old 10-26-2011, 01:31 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,231,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
Everytime I see an article supportive of illegal aliens and illegal immigration as a whole they always use the word "undocumented." As soon as I see the word "undocumented" in a news article I know they are going to be supportive of illegal immigrants, so I stop reading.

Anyone else notice this?
Yep.

Undocumented sounds nicer than illegal. Its called sugarcoatin the truth.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:52 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,562,244 times
Sometimes I use the word "undocumented" because I really don't want to hear pro-illegal immigration people start to cry and boo-hoo about them being called illegal. They really try to use that as a way to avoid the truth and a conversation about what really matters.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:56 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,090,866 times
Quote:

Anyone else notice this?
Yep! Big time!

Old 10-26-2011, 03:18 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,617,976 times
Yeah....and it is such a sad attempt to make them look like they just don't have those papers...you know..the papers you get when you are born in this country or when you are a decent human being who follows the rules and wait in line and pay a few thousand dollars to live here legally..

You know, those silly papers! They are just papers, aren't they? lol

Old 10-26-2011, 06:12 PM

20,311 posts, read 18,790,652 times
The supporters of illegals like to sugar coat as much as possible to hide the reality.
For example how many sob stories have we seen where the attempt is made to paint the illegal as a victim of circumstance. The stories and their supporters would have us believe that illegals had no choice. That illegals are all honest hard working people the same as legal immigrants. If their case is so strong why do they work so hard to omit facts. ID theft and fraud are never mentioned. Tax fraud and evasion are never mentioned. Driving without a license is sugar coated or omitted from the story.
Why if these people are such outstanding additions to our society do we need to omit or distort the facts?
Why do these supporters resort to excuses when the subject of how many illegals are violent criminals is brought up?
Its simple really its all to re-enforce the lie that we as a society can't live without illegals. The reality is that there is no such thing as an an honest illegal. Honest people don't commit fraud. Honest people dont use fake ID's.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:23 PM

126 posts, read 97,925 times
They clearly are aliens

They clearly are illegal

They clearly are undocumented

They clearly are immigrants

They can fairly be described as undocumented, illegal, alien immigrants.

Then everybody can be happy.

They may or may not be criminal.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:48 PM

10,946 posts, read 7,929,906 times
Quote:

Anyone else notice this?
Sure. It is a prime example of rampant liberal PC.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:56 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,395,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkit711 View Post
They clearly are aliens

They clearly are illegal

They clearly are undocumented

They clearly are immigrants

They can fairly be described as undocumented, illegal, alien immigrants.

Then everybody can be happy.

They may or may not be criminal.
They often are not "undocumented" because they are quite willing to commit felony document fraud with the use of stolen documents. The very worst illegals have stolen social security numbers, US birth certificates, and all sorts of stolen documents, and they use these to take jobs American citizens most definitely would do.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:13 PM

126 posts, read 97,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They often are not "undocumented" because they are quite willing to commit felony document fraud with the use of stolen documents. The very worst illegals have stolen social security numbers, US birth certificates, and all sorts of stolen documents, and they use these to take jobs American citizens most definitely would do.
They are still undocumented...that would be like claiming they became legal if they had phoney paperwork.

Does not work that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or