Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 05:00 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I do realize there are other factors such as that he was working, but just putting forward that he came at age 14, has all of his family here, and no links to Mexico. What do we expect him to do? He is now at a felony level if caught, I'm wondering what that really gains us in the end.
The problem is if we make exceptions for him then we have to do it for all illegals in his situation. The Dreamies were brought here by their parents. Should we make exceptions for them to? Where does it all end? They all have a sob story to tell. I say, no if's, and's or maybe's in the enforcement of our immigration laws. Otherwise it just encourges others to come here with the same sob stories and an expectation that all will be forgiven and that they can stay here. I have zero compassion for those here illegally. Even those that were brought here by their parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 05:47 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The problem is if we make exceptions for him then we have to do it for all illegals in his situation. The Dreamies were brought here by their parents. Should we make exceptions for them to? Where does it all end? They all have a sob story to tell. I say, no if's, and's or maybe's in the enforcement of our immigration laws. Otherwise it just encourges others to come here with the same sob stories and an expectation that all will be forgiven and that they can stay here. I have zero compassion for those here illegally. Even those that were brought here by their parents.
I would rep. that twice if I could. I don't think anything
can change until 2012.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:25 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
He had no other criminal record before being deported...

You are saying "liberals" would complain about illegal aliens being deported, but forward an idea of forceful facial tattooing and microchipping of humans?...

On facial tattoos, here is an excellent off-topic (for here) article: Reformed skinhead endures agony to remove tattoos - Yahoo! News
Your link is totally irrelevant to the subject at hand. This guy is Illegal, worked illegally and states that he will return ILLEGALLY and that is just what's in this article.

BTW it's no surprise that an undocumented Illegal Alien wouldn't leave much of a criminal paper trail while using fake/stolen ID's.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:06 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This is why we need the border secure & stop giving incentives for them to come.
We also need Obama to stop sueing states. The reason states are enforcing immigration laws is because The president & congress are not doing their jobs.

Being soft on immigration allows boldness like this.
Ugh, what an arrogant snot that guy is.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Holy crap! He has seventeen brothers in this country? I wonder if they all swam the river or some are anchors? Geez, didn't his parent ever think about birth control? I wonder how much welfare his parents collected for this huge brood? Either way, this nonsense has to stop!
That 17 is apparently just brothers, and how many sisters does he have here cranking out children they can never afford without all the Medicaid, food stamps, WIC coupons, free government housing?

Mexico is sending us it's very worst, most irresponsible classes. In Mexico if someone finishes school, learns some kind of job skills, marries and delays the start of a family until they can afford one and limits family size to what they can afford, they will almost surely join the large and growing middle classes there.

However that requires some intelligence, some self-control and responsibility. We're getting the rabbit-type breeders who can do nothing but crank out child after child and expect taxpayer provided handouts.

There should be no rewarding this irresponsible kind of behavior, and you know with 17 sons and ? daughters, that mother of his was not here to work for her living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration