U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 08:07 AM

28,008 posts, read 46,494,842 times

Advertisements

RALEIGH, N.C. | Sen. Elizabeth Dole said she wants to help North Carolina counties deal with illegal immigration, suggesting that federal money could help sheriffs participate in a program that allows them to enforce immigration laws.

"Illegal aliens have committed crimes, often over and over and over again, and what can we do?" Dole asked Thursday during a meeting with sheriffs in Raleigh. "We need to stop the catch and release."

Dole wants to help N.C. sheriffs enforce federal immigration laws | StarNewsOnline.com | Star-News | Wilmington, NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 04:02 PM

2,516 posts, read 7,571,857 times
liddy dole for president!

Old 08-25-2007, 09:05 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,227,450 times
Now there's a woman I'd vote for!

Old 08-26-2007, 04:26 AM

23,067 posts, read 32,103,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
RALEIGH, N.C. | Sen. Elizabeth Dole said she wants to help North Carolina counties deal with illegal immigration, suggesting that federal money could help sheriffs participate in a program that allows them to enforce immigration laws.

"Illegal aliens have committed crimes, often over and over and over again, and what can we do?" Dole asked Thursday during a meeting with sheriffs in Raleigh. "We need to stop the catch and release."

Dole wants to help N.C. sheriffs enforce federal immigration laws | StarNewsOnline.com | Star-News | Wilmington, NC
if Dole's idea is sucessful i will pack my bags and move to NC on the the first thing smoking. If she ever wants my vote she got it.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:59 AM

4,552 posts, read 8,638,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
if Dole's idea is sucessful i will pack my bags and move to NC on the the first thing smoking. If she ever wants my vote she got it.
IF they let you cross the border and/or vote!

Old 08-27-2007, 07:09 AM

149 posts, read 479,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
RALEIGH, N.C. | Sen. Elizabeth Dole said she wants to help North Carolina counties deal with illegal immigration,
Elizabeth Dole simply wants to get re-elected and will say and do whatever her handlers claim will get publicity and votes.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:08 AM

4,552 posts, read 8,638,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster View Post
Elizabeth Dole simply wants to get re-elected and will say and do whatever her handlers claim will get publicity and votes.
Who is her owner who holds the leash? We all know that George W. Bush is leashed by Dick Cheney.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:06 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,455,840 times
Sheriff Joe Arpaio, of Maricopa County Arizona, has already had 200+ of his deputies go through a Federal training program and these officers are now, in addition to their other duties, sworn Federal officers.

This allows them to arrest, detain, and initiate deportation procedures involving illegal immigrants. Sheriff Arpaio works closely with ICE -

100's upon 100's of illegals are being deported each month due to this program

Old 08-27-2007, 10:36 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,742,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster View Post
Sen. Elizabeth Dole is a respectable, kind, tough cookie. Her compassion is why everyone loves her.
Elizabeth Dole has been named numerous times by the Gallup Poll as one of the world’s top ten most admired women. She was the first woman to serve as the departmental head of a branch of the military, the U.S. Coast Guard, when she was Secretary of Transportation. Elizabeth Dole currently serves in a volunteer position as the National Director of Education and Information for Hospice.From 1969 to 1973, Elizabeth Dole served as Deputy Assistant to President Nixon for Consumer Affairs, beginning a career of dedication to public safety, for which she received the National Safety Council’s Distinguished Service Award in 1989. Elizabeth Dole’s resume includes six years (1973-1979) as a member of the Federal Trade Commission and two years (1981-1983) as Assistant to President Reagan for Public Liaison.

Elizabeth Dole left President Bush’s Cabinet in 1991 to become only the second woman since founder Clara Barton to serve as President of the American Red Cross, an organization larger than many of the Fortune 500. To demonstrate her appreciation for volunteers, the heart and soul of the American Red Cross, Elizabeth Dole volunteered her first year at the Red Cross, accepting no salary. During her tenure, 91 cents of every dollar spent went to programs and services.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:43 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,742,982 times
In January 1999, Elizabeth Dole concluded her service at the Red Cross and sought the Republican presidential nomination. In her campaign for president of the United States, Elizabeth Dole became the first viable woman candidate from a major political party. She attracted thousands of first-time voters into the democratic process.
I might add include me I would love to have someone of her caliber representing women in this country.

Last edited by Miborn; 08-27-2007 at 10:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or