U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-07-2011, 04:42 AM
 
511 posts, read 2,079,322 times
Reputation: 633

Advertisements

Ever notice that every time the Political Journalists on those Sunday morning talk show talk about illegal immigration they always criticize the Republican's viewpoint on illegal immigration. They say that it is a bad idea to be so tough on illegal immigration because it will turn the Hispanics against them. These journalist believe that most Hispanics will vote against a candidate who supports tough immigration laws because all Hispanic voters support their Hispanic brothers and sisters who swam across the Rio Grand River and came here illegally. The Republicans should ignore their base voters, Conservative Whites, so they can pander to the new Majority, Hispanics, who they believe all support support illegal immigration because MOST illegal aliens are also Hispanic.

What drug are those Journalists taking, or maybe- are they right?

 
Old 11-07-2011, 05:17 AM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,835 posts, read 4,811,769 times
Reputation: 3616
A lot of Hispanics put their ethnicity above the laws of this country and it is sad.

They sure do think "their people" deserve special treatment and are allowed to skip the line.

I don't think so.

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 11-07-2011 at 05:47 AM..
 
Old 11-07-2011, 06:36 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,507,446 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
Ever notice that every time the Political Journalists on those Sunday morning talk show talk about illegal immigration they always criticize the Republican's viewpoint on illegal immigration. They say that it is a bad idea to be so tough on illegal immigration because it will turn the Hispanics against them. These journalist believe that most Hispanics will vote against a candidate who supports tough immigration laws because all Hispanic voters support their Hispanic brothers and sisters who swam across the Rio Grand River and came here illegally. The Republicans should ignore their base voters, Conservative Whites, so they can pander to the new Majority, Hispanics, who they believe all support support illegal immigration because MOST illegal aliens are also Hispanic.

What drug are those Journalists taking, or maybe- are they right?
Actually, the polls show that the majority of Hispanic citizens in this country do support illegal aliens of their ethnic group. Where our politicians go wrong is not doing the math. There were only 10 milion Hispanics who voted in our last election and we have a total of 310 million Americans in our country. It isn't just conservative whites who oppose illegal immigration either. Democrats know that most minorities vote Democrat so they pander to all minorities. Most Republicans are not pandering to Hispanics because of this and I believe that most of them truly do object to illegal immigration.
 
Old 11-07-2011, 06:37 AM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,279,054 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
Ever notice that every time the Political Journalists on those Sunday morning talk show talk about illegal immigration they always criticize the Republican's viewpoint on illegal immigration. They say that it is a bad idea to be so tough on illegal immigration because it will turn the Hispanics against them. These journalist believe that most Hispanics will vote against a candidate who supports tough immigration laws because all Hispanic voters support their Hispanic brothers and sisters who swam across the Rio Grand River and came here illegally. The Republicans should ignore their base voters, Conservative Whites, so they can pander to the new Majority, Hispanics, who they believe all support support illegal immigration because MOST illegal aliens are also Hispanic.

What drug are those Journalists taking, or maybe- are they right?
Not all Hispanics want amnesty. An there are to many other people who DONT want amnesty. Aint gonna happen. Way to many people with no jobs an NO unemployment now.
 
Old 11-07-2011, 06:41 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,507,446 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Not all Hispanics want amnesty. An there are to many other people who DONT want amnesty. Aint gonna happen. Way to many people with no jobs an NO unemployment now.
It is true that not all Hispanics want amnesty but unfortunately the majority of them do. Those of us who object to illegal immigration do so not only because of our high unemployment now. There are many reasons to object to illegal immigration even during the good times.
 
Old 11-07-2011, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Maryland
18,614 posts, read 16,395,391 times
Reputation: 6343
Working class Americans suffer because these elite politicians want more power, it's disgusting.

Generation Jobless: Young Men Suffer Worst in Weak Job Market - WSJ.com
 
Old 11-07-2011, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,732 posts, read 83,359,825 times
Reputation: 41564
Do we need to find an answer to the problem of illegals, yes, but total amnesty isn't the answer. I can even buy Perry's idea on college tuition for kids of illegals, but the idea of just forgetting and forgiving is nuts. For anyone to think any party should pander to people breaking the law is copping out.

Nita
 
Old 11-07-2011, 01:33 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,864,773 times
Reputation: 6453
Those i know who are hispanic and my friends, in no way want a part of amnesty, but they make it clear to me. That their way of thinking is in no way followed by a lot of hispanics. They are the odd ball way of thinking.

They admit to me that it is sad, becauuse they feel, that the hispnics are being a pawn in a game they can't and won't comprehend.

It is quite sickening and irirtating, the way the Democrats, yes Democrats pander and kiss their butts. I see no other Country kissing our Butt's.
 
Old 11-07-2011, 02:43 PM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,320,125 times
Reputation: 1762
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Actually, the polls show that the majority of Hispanic citizens in this country do support illegal aliens of their ethnic group. Where our politicians go wrong is not doing the math. There were only 10 milion Hispanics who voted in our last election and we have a total of 310 million Americans in our country. It isn't just conservative whites who oppose illegal immigration either. Democrats know that most minorities vote Democrat so they pander to all minorities. Most Republicans are not pandering to Hispanics because of this and I believe that most of them truly do object to illegal immigration.
Our politicians just can't do the math. They pander to 10 million voters and forget that 120+ million voters are not Hispanic.
 
Old 11-07-2011, 08:01 PM
 
387 posts, read 524,634 times
Reputation: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Actually, the polls show that the majority of Hispanic citizens in this country do support illegal aliens of their ethnic group. Where our politicians go wrong is not doing the math. There were only 10 milion Hispanics who voted in our last election and we have a total of 310 million Americans in our country. It isn't just conservative whites who oppose illegal immigration either. Democrats know that most minorities vote Democrat so they pander to all minorities. Most Republicans are not pandering to Hispanics because of this and I believe that most of them truly do object to illegal immigration.
There is nothing wrong with an ethnic group supporting people from same group It happens all the time It is not limited to just Latin people applies to people from other countries too People of similar ethnic group look out for each other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:48 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top