Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 01:55 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
"as it ever has been" is a poor standard.
What is your standard?

Quote:
They are not being completely ignored, nor is there a sincere commitment to secure the border - enforce our immigration laws.
Laws are either enforced or they are not. You can question the effectiveness of enforcement, however. But then, was it being done differently in the past than now? I don't think so. Let us visit your standard then.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:59 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What is your standard?
My standard is a sincere, committed effort and effectiveness, not a token effort with the statement of essentially, I'm doing as much as the previous sorry effort.

Quote:
Laws are either enforced or they are not. You can question the effectiveness of enforcement, however. But then, was it being done differently in the past than now? I don't think so. Let us visit your standard then.
This is an example of the word games I referenced.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
He thinks 12 million + illegals is secure.

I would hate to hire him for security.
He's not going to actually discuss security. He would rather change the topic to the definition of a word.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
My standard is a sincere, committed effort and effectiveness, not a token effort with the statement of essentially, I'm doing as much as the previous sorry effort.
So you can walk across the border without any issue?

Quote:
This is an example of the word games I referenced.
It is hard to avoid it, when you start running in circles with choice words. See above.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
So you can walk across the border without any issue?

It is hard to avoid it, when you start running in circles with choice words. See above.
Do you think the border is secure? If yes, then just say so.

If you don't think it's secure, do you think it should be?

If so, then do you think more could be done?

Do you think the federal government is doing all they can to secure it?

Old 11-14-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Do you think the border is secure? If yes, then just say so.
As secure as it has ever been. Do you disagree? Or do you believe things were different at some point in time (if you do, it would help to bring up the timeline). I would say, that if you can't just walk across the border, it is secure. Does that mean it is impenetrable or no enforcement exists? Hell NO.

Quote:
Do you think the federal government is doing all they can to secure it?
I doubt even Hitler managed to keep "illegals" out, until he decided to gas them instead.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:41 PM

515 posts, read 716,579 times
Quote:
Its hard to believe we are being attack by foreigner countries , let alone our own president.

Should foreign countries meddle in our laws & interest?
"Concern for their citizens" should read....."Concern for the massive remittances sent by their citizens!"

At any other time in history remittances would be termed looting by the invading forces.

The sheer volume of illegals, 11-20 million by most estimates, constitutes nothing short of an invasion. Its high time we get our terminology correct: illegals are criminal invaders.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:47 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
"Concern for their citizens" should read....."Concern for the massive remittances sent by their citizens!"

At any other time in history remittances would be termed looting by the invading forces.

The sheer volume of illegals, 11-20 million by most estimates, constitutes nothing short of an invasion. Its high time we get our terminology correct: illegals are criminal invaders.

Yes it is invasion by the sheer numbers.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:48 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times
Quote:
As secure as it has ever been. Do you disagree? Or do you believe things were different at some point in time (if you do, it would help to bring up the timeline). I would say, that if you can't just walk across the border, it is secure. Does that mean it is impenetrable or no enforcement exists? Hell NO.

I doubt even Hitler managed to keep "illegals" out, until he decided to gas them instead.
What does hitler have to do with the topic?

Old 11-14-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
What does hitler have to do with the topic?
A classic example of an authority who was into law enforcement against unwanted immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration