U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 04:24 PM

794 posts, read 1,490,956 times

Advertisements

It's okay for kids to wear Mexican flag clothing but not American flags at California High school.

A federal court has ruled that school administrators had the right to order California high school students to remove displays of the American flag from their clothing on Cinco De Mayo.

Cinco De Mayo | American Flag | High School | The Daily Caller

Old 11-11-2011, 04:45 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,774,500 times
Not sure why this is in the illegal forum. Anyway it's California whatelse did you expect? A sensible ruling?

Old 11-11-2011, 05:39 PM

327 posts, read 262,156 times
why couldn't they ban theMexican flag too?
They forgot this id America and we allowed Mexicans to come here.

The ruling is very anti american.

Lets guess who made the ruling,?

Old 11-11-2011, 06:25 PM

4,272 posts, read 7,887,141 times
What does this have to do with illegal immigration?

This belongs in "Politics and Other Controversies"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
It's okay for kids to wear Mexican flag clothing but not American flags at California High school.

A federal court has ruled that school administrators had the right to order California high school students to remove displays of the American flag from their clothing on Cinco De Mayo.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:29 PM

Judge Rules On H.S. T-Shirt Controversy - Local News - Sacramento, CA - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45262182/ns/local_news-sacramento_ca/ - broken link)

Quote:
On that day, Mexican students were walking around the high school's campus with Mexican flags. In response, white students raised an American flag on a tree on campus while chanting "U-S-A."
White students and Mexican students swore and made threats at each other, and school administrators had to prevent physical violence from breaking out, the ruling states.
But if the administrators of the school had not restricted the display of "Mexican" shirts but are restricting the display of "American" shirts, it could lead to a good case for an appeal. It also means the district could implement school uniforms to stop these kinds of things from happening...

Old 11-11-2011, 07:13 PM

15,088 posts, read 16,935,776 times
Quote:

I wonder if there is a US flag on a pole at the front of the school and a US flag in every classroom.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:24 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:

What utter nonsense. The Red, White and Blue should be displayed at all times. Afterall, it is our country's flag regardless of some other country's historical date in history. Why is it being celebrated in our country anyway? It had nothing to do with our history.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:29 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Awwwwww Sacramento that would explain it, a bunch of idiots live there, hate to say it but true.

My kids all went to school out here, and my kids did display at times little american pin flags and never got in trouble or sent home. So has my grandchildren. Kids all grown up.

This must depend on the school district, and TRUST ME THEY ARE NOT ALL THE SAME.

I personally think this action sucks, when are we going to stop and think what makes our children happy.

I disagree, because how many holidays have i seen mexicans period proudly showing their flag on our Holidays, no one has a problem with that?
I think they are using the excuse of problems so that the flag cannot be worn.

Last edited by california-jewel; 11-11-2011 at 08:47 PM..

Old 11-11-2011, 08:38 PM

Guys, why not quote from the article I posted - Make sure you address the point that this was done AFTER there were altercations where the US flag was clearly used as an anti-Mexican symbol

And make sure this thread gets its butt moved out of the "illegal immigration" section - It doesn't belong here!

Old 11-11-2011, 08:39 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,265,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Guys, why not quote from the article I posted - Make sure you address the point that this was done AFTER there were altercations where the US flag was clearly used as an anti-Mexican symbol

And make sure this thread gets its butt moved out of the "illegal immigration" section - It doesn't belong here!
How is the American flag anti-Mexican?

Is that a Mexican problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or