Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:01 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,303,704 times

Advertisements

Our government has sold us out, they don't care about the american work force, people need to vote and they need to vote all these fools out of office, we need to shorten term limits so we can vote in new blood and so we can send a message that we are tired of our government who is supose to work for us telling us what we want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 09:27 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,310,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think.reciprocity View Post

My own lawbreaking? lol

What would that be? Being the descendant of an "illegal evildoer"? You crack me up... I don't so much as speed - folks who know me would be laughing at this one too!!!

BTW... I believe that few things in life are "rights" - But, of those, I believe they are universal to all of God's people. No matter what law man may make - God's law supersedes them all. I'm not quoting from any religious book - only my spiritual belief that there is enough for all of us & because we have sooo much - even our poor in this country are rich by the standards of many other nations - we all have the ability to give just a little to make room for those with far less to have just a little bit more.

You may not agree with me - but I fervently believe that some of the hottest places in hell are going to be reserved for those who allow those amongst us in the greatest need to suffer & struggle when there was so much we all could have done to help those "others" of God's people.
I agree with you fully - I also think those really hot places are also reserved for the people who believe a certain way and do nothing about it. (Remember the old adage, 'the road to h-e-double hockey sticks is paved with good intentions'?) I would recommend that you book a flight tonight and fly over to Mexico and execute your plan for "there is enough for all of us & because we have sooo much" - after all, you said it yourself - "rights are universal to all of God's people". So perhaps you could go convince Vincente Fox and his cronies to fix the problem at home and start sharing the wealth instead of exporting his poor downtrodden masses to the North...just a thought.

By the way, if everyone has rights, then realize that one of them is the right not to believe in God - so why don't you tell me how your God's laws supercede all, especially for those who do not believe in your God.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:49 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,519,082 times
Default That was QUICK !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainlady View Post
Recently, 120 people in the company I worked for, including myself, were laid off. Our jobs went to Canadians and East Indians. Jobs are have left and are still leaving the United States every day. In the meantime, our borders are being rushed fraom Our Country's Southern border mainly. (There is still plenty of illegal aliens entering Our Country through other means.) These jobs that the illegal aliens are doing may have to be done by people like myself whose jobs have been sent offshore by the American businessman.

The dumbing down of America started many years ago. One certainly does not have to know the English language to get by in the US unless one doesn't know how to speak Mexican/Spanish. Over the years, government offices have had Mexican/Spanish speakers to accommodate those who know Mexican/Spanish. I can not call any business today without a recording directing Mexican/Spanish speakers to someone who can speak their language.

I look for a job and the employers want bi-lingual speakers. Why must I learn Mexican/Spanish in order to get a job? I am not living or working in Mexico. I am of Italian ancestry. My ancestors came through Ellis Island LEGALLY. I never hear a recording directing Italian speakers to an Italian speaker to do business.

I went into Bank of America and the teller had a customer the next window over. The man could only speak Mexican and the teller could only speak English. Yet she made an attempt to offer the man a VISA credit card. I have never been offered a VISA credit card through Bank of America at the teller window.

None of these situations surprise any of you, I am sure. We have to regain Our Country back. We have to become a Sovereign Nation once again.

When the Immigration bill was passed in the mid-1980's MY rights as an
American were trampled on. Amnesty was offered to illegal aliens. Yet, I had to start proving to employers that I had a right to be working in MY Country by showing two forms of ID. Yet the illegal alien still comes into this country and gets work??? Illegal aliens are building homes here. Are you telling me that there are no American construction workers who want those jobs???

The American businessman has lost his soul and sold the American worker down the river. They send American jobs offshore and American citizens still buy their products and services. They hire illegal aliens knowingly and yet we Americans still buy their products and services.

We slept through the wake-up call. And, yes we now need to vote out of office every congressman, senator and President that stands against the American citizen. IF IT'S NOT TOO LATE.
Very briefly. Rain Lady, what has "happened to your country" was summed up very nicely by your very first respondent. This person didn't address any of your many points, but instead brought up the fact that he feels it probably ISN'T "your" country at all. Without saying anything further, that's it, in a nutshell. Never mind keeping the country together, because it doesn't really belong to anyone anyway.
No business, no church group, no club, professional association or organization of any kind would long survive if its members couldn't agree on who were really members and who weren't, and no country can, either.
Your very first answer on this thread provides the answer to your question.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:30 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,990,076 times
You ask what is happening to your country?

My answer, in the simplest terms, is that EVERYBODY in the world wants a piece of the American Pie. They either want to live here, or they want us to provide them with massive amounts of money, jobs and aid.

The world feels that the U.S., for some completely unknown reason, owes them. And the U.S. is buying into it. We are holding up the world.

And our government is too chicken sh** to put an end to it. They need to put out the U.S. "No Vacancy" sign, shut down the American ATM machine, and bring all our jobs back. Let the rest of the world take care of themselves for once.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:01 AM

50,087 posts, read 46,672,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think.reciprocity View Post

My own lawbreaking? lol

What would that be? Being the descendant of an "illegal evildoer"? You crack me up... I don't so much as speed - folks who know me would be laughing at this one too!!!

BTW... I believe that few things in life are "rights" - But, of those, I believe they are universal to all of God's people. No matter what law man may make - God's law supersedes them all. I'm not quoting from any religious book - only my spiritual belief that there is enough for all of us & because we have sooo much - even our poor in this country are rich by the standards of many other nations - we all have the ability to give just a little to make room for those with far less to have just a little bit more.

You may not agree with me - but I fervently believe that some of the hottest places in hell are going to be reserved for those who allow those amongst us in the greatest need to suffer & struggle when there was so much we all could have done to help those "others" of God's people.
Thinking like that will get you shot (legally) in Texas. Your neighbors stuff doesn't belong to you or anyone else but him.

Do trespass and steal show up in the bible? Yes they do, guess where?

Old 03-17-2009, 09:32 AM

470 posts, read 1,160,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainlady View Post
Recently, 120 people in the company I worked for, including myself, were laid off. Our jobs went to Canadians and East Indians. Jobs are have left and are still leaving the United States every day. In the meantime, our borders are being rushed fraom Our Country's Southern border mainly. (There is still plenty of illegal aliens entering Our Country through other means.) These jobs that the illegal aliens are doing may have to be done by people like myself whose jobs have been sent offshore by the American businessman.

The dumbing down of America started many years ago. One certainly does not have to know the English language to get by in the US unless one doesn't know how to speak Mexican/Spanish. Over the years, government offices have had Mexican/Spanish speakers to accommodate those who know Mexican/Spanish. I can not call any business today without a recording directing Mexican/Spanish speakers to someone who can speak their language.

I look for a job and the employers want bi-lingual speakers. Why must I learn Mexican/Spanish in order to get a job? I am not living or working in Mexico. I am of Italian ancestry. My ancestors came through Ellis Island LEGALLY. I never hear a recording directing Italian speakers to an Italian speaker to do business.

I went into Bank of America and the teller had a customer the next window over. The man could only speak Mexican and the teller could only speak English. Yet she made an attempt to offer the man a VISA credit card. I have never been offered a VISA credit card through Bank of America at the teller window.

None of these situations surprise any of you, I am sure. We have to regain Our Country back. We have to become a Sovereign Nation once again.

When the Immigration bill was passed in the mid-1980's MY rights as an
American were trampled on. Amnesty was offered to illegal aliens. Yet, I had to start proving to employers that I had a right to be working in MY Country by showing two forms of ID. Yet the illegal alien still comes into this country and gets work??? Illegal aliens are building homes here. Are you telling me that there are no American construction workers who want those jobs???

The American businessman has lost his soul and sold the American worker down the river. They send American jobs offshore and American citizens still buy their products and services. They hire illegal aliens knowingly and yet we Americans still buy their products and services.

We slept through the wake-up call. And, yes we now need to vote out of office every congressman, senator and President that stands against the American citizen. IF IT'S NOT TOO LATE.
First off you are just making yourself look dumb by saying "The man could only speak Mexican" lol

With that said I was interviewing for an SSA position about a week ago and my spanish was not good enough according to them (I don't speak it fluently but good enough, basically if I go to Mexico I could pass there even though it might take longer to get some things across), they wanted someone 100% fluid in spanish. So I kinda hear you on some points...

Old 03-17-2009, 04:21 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,279,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
First off you are just making yourself look dumb by saying "The man could only speak Mexican" lol

With that said I was interviewing for an SSA position about a week ago and my spanish was not good enough according to them (I don't speak it fluently but good enough, basically if I go to Mexico I could pass there even though it might take longer to get some things across), they wanted someone 100% fluid in spanish. So I kinda hear you on some points...
I don't speak enough proper, professional Spanish to get certain job positions, and I'm Mexican-American!
Many White Americans can get those jobs that I can't because they put in the effort to learn proper Spanish.

Two languages is better than one(or 1.75 in my case..), and there's always a competition for work. Who ever is more qualified usually gets it.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:34 AM

117 posts, read 292,954 times
What the hell is Mexican? I never heard of that language.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 AM

378 posts, read 623,981 times
I agree. I can barely recognize the country anymore, practically every job is taken by an illegal mexican. They say they do jobs Americans won't do, yet even cashier and truck driver jobs are taken. Americans got absolutely no vote on it, the government just turned it's back on us and did it. It's breaking up the country and the U.S. in general.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:55 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,969,586 times

YouTube - Taxpayers Gather To Protest Spending, Taxes, Growing Debt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration