Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:22 PM

380 posts, read 709,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by esterogirl View Post
I Agree wholeheartedly. My family came from Italy lEGALLY. It is absolutely ridiculous that we allow them to force their hispanic talk on us. When we came from Italy we were told if we wanted to stay we had to learn English and work. The same should be mandated for them. I am so tired of their filthy law-breaking lifestyles. If this country had any brains we would send them packing ASAP!!!!!!! Instead it seems like the "illegals" have more rights than us. UNBELIEVABLE!
Hispanic is not a language. And where you live, how is "talk" forced upon you? And who told you that if you wanted to stay you "had to learn English"?? Did an immigration official tell you that? If they did you received erroneous information. Being able to speak English is not a requirement to renew a green card. Is it a good idea to learn English if you plan to stay in the USA: Absolutely.....Is it a legal requirement: NO, whether or not it should be is a long way off because first the federal government would have to make English the official language of the USA.

If you would like to see another example of a group of people with "filthy law-breaking lifestyles" there is a neighborhood here in Newark, NJ of mostly Italian-Americans. Some of them are involved in organized crime and prey on Italian owned businesses through extortion and black-mail. There are Sicilians here in Newark, NJ that are here illegally and there is one pizzeria in particular that controls the heroin supply on the north side of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 02:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
as to the OP yes learning spanish a good idea.
though at the older age much more difficult.
as to the nation, it is our own innate hatred of unions that has allows our labor market to be shamefully exploited by business and government alike.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-09-2009 at 02:52 PM..

Old 07-09-2009, 02:28 PM

380 posts, read 709,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
What a surprise- NOT.

Whose stolen SS# are they working under? Or does their 'SS card' have a made up number?

Yes indeed. That is why Mexico is the envy of the world. The entire country runs like a well greased machine. How do they do it? No doubt it is their work ethic. They are unmatched in productivity and innovation. That is why people from all over the world are trying to get into Mexico. Why, people line up outside the local Mexican consulate and fight each other tooth and nail for a chance to relocate to Mexico.

If they are not worried about deportation, then why is it that people like Janet Murguia and Ruben Navarette are always wringing their hands about how terrible it is for illegals to live in the shadows with the threat of deportation constantly hanging over their heads? Maybe you should drop them a line and tell them they can stop worrying. If they continue to tear their hair over this, they are going to end up with high blood pressure and gray hair.
Go look up the numbers on how many American citizens relocate to Mexico every year. Check out Guadalajara, especially the Lake Chapala region. There are thousands there. And they are of white-European descent. It is difficult to get a "Mexican" green card. Its called an FM-2 and thousands of Americans applied for one last year to live or operate businesses mostly in northern Mexico.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
Go look up the numbers on how many American citizens relocate to Mexico every year. Check out Guadalajara, especially the Lake Chapala region. There are thousands there. And they are of white-European descent. It is difficult to get a "Mexican" green card. Its called an FM-2 and thousands of Americans applied for one last year to live or operate businesses mostly in northern Mexico.
And said Americans as a group I can safely say are in Mexico legally and brings lots of $$$-----------but, are not competing with the local yokels for low wage jobs either so there is relatively little animosity.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contachster View Post
I know quite a few undocumented immigrants. There are even quite a few in my extended family. They go about their day just as any other normal person would: get up, go to work, come home, cook dinner, spend quality time with their children, have sex with their spouse and then go to bed. Not one that I know lives in fear of deportation. They aren't swinging hammers at their jobs super fast while looking over their shoulders. Most Mexicans, illegal or legal, have a very good work ethic. To state that illegals live in fear of deportation is just simply not true. Why would they be fearful anyway? If they are detained and sent back to Mexico they'll probably be able to get back in time for family dinner on Saturday.
Needless to say: said illegal alien criminals need to be in jail awaiting their deportation back home.

As for said illegals returning to the USA in 2-3 days: unless they are willing to pay $5,000 a head to a coyote, forget it. Besides: it is much harder even for an experienced one to evade the BP these days.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:45 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Come on, lets all say together, "Thanks illegal Mexican guys for building my next house!!"...Since you sustain that their are taking all the construction jobs, then it's safe to assume that the next new house you buy would be built by them.
Nope.. "Thanks for building that house that's gonna fall apart because of the shoddy work that the Illegals placed in it"..

And.. Thanks for stealing that SSN from my neighbor's mailbox to get a job building said house..

Oh and also, Thanks for helping to drive down local wages with your cheap, under the table work..

There.. That's a bit more accurate..

Old 07-09-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkarlalinea View Post
I am an undocumented immigrant. It is not $5,000. It is around $2,500 to $3,000 And people who know how to do it after the first few time dont need coyotes. It is not hard to evade border patrols. Most of them dont care unless they need to make up there cuota which is around the end of the month. Thats why coming at the end of the first week is the safest time.I got caught 3 times and they take your fingerprints now. I have been in the USA for 15 years and I go back to my town in El Estado de Mexico once a year. The state of Mexico is next to Distrito Federal. Mexicans are here to do your hard work. The question is what happened to this country? I dont know but if you got rid of all the Mexicans you will be crying in one week for us to come back. I just bought a labtop with my hard earned paycheck.
I call BS on that-----------especially what I bolded.

Maybe it is about time to find out how 'badly' that we need those criminal loser illegal aliens. Time for mass deportations.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:55 PM

27 posts, read 39,428 times
i am so agreeing with this grrrrrrrrrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Nope.. "Thanks for building that house that's gonna fall apart because of the shoddy work that the Illegals placed in it"..

And.. Thanks for stealing that SSN from my neighbor's mailbox to get a job building said house..

Oh and also, Thanks for helping to drive down local wages with your cheap, under the table work..

There.. That's a bit more accurate..

Old 07-09-2009, 06:58 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkarlalinea View Post
I am an undocumented immigrant. It is not $5,000. It is around $2,500 to $3,000 And people who know how to do it after the first few time dont need coyotes. It is not hard to evade border patrols. Most of them dont care unless they need to make up there cuota which is around the end of the month. Thats why coming at the end of the first week is the safest time.I got caught 3 times and they take your fingerprints now. I have been in the USA for 15 years and I go back to my town in El Estado de Mexico once a year. The state of Mexico is next to Distrito Federal. Mexicans are here to do your hard work. The question is what happened to this country? I dont know but if you got rid of all the Mexicans you will be crying in one week for us to come back. I just bought a labtop with my hard earned paycheck.
Nope.. You are NOT "Undocumented", You are ILLEGAL! First of all..

Secondly, How did you get a job to work in the U.S. all of these years? Did you steal someone's SSN ?

Old 07-09-2009, 07:01 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Nope.. You are NOT "Undocumented", You are ILLEGAL! First of all..

Secondly, How did you get a job to work in the U.S. all of these years? Did you steal someone's SSN ?
Its called fraud, tax evasion and possibly ID theft. But I call BS on the poster anyway. No doubt about it someone is trolling to stir the pot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration