Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 02:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by esterogirl View Post
Interesting! Because 80% of the ones I see and read about are nothing but LAZY, DRUNKEN, DRUG DEALING ,THIEVING, GANG BANGING, VIOLENT DREGS on our country. They should be given one warning shot at the border. Next one BYE BYE!!!!!
Maybe you should Sheriff Joe's posse: is an FBI (Full Blooded Italian) American as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 03:27 PM

709 posts, read 1,766,871 times
Quote:
If you would like to see another example of a group of people with "filthy law-breaking lifestyles" there is a neighborhood here in Newark, NJ of mostly Italian-Americans. Some of them are involved in organized crime and prey on Italian owned businesses through extortion and black-mail. There are Sicilians here in Newark, NJ that are here illegally and there is one pizzeria in particular that controls the heroin supply on the north side of the city.
The reason Newark is one of the murder capitals of America is because of all those dangerous housing projects/ghettos dominated by Blacks and Hispanics. Not because of Italian Americans. Staten Island has the largest number of Italian Americans out of the 5 boroughs and yet at the same time they have the lowest crime and murder rate out of the 5 boroughs. Staten Island for the most part is a pretty safe place to live.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:33 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
If you wanted an honest answer to what happened to your country, here it is: The people who control the world and make the presidents and kings decided to move their investments out of the West and into India and China a number of years ago (to avoid the high cost of business with unions, EPA, OSHA, etc). They intend for their investments to pay off and they don't care even the slightest bit about what happens to average Americans. We've been sold out and "you ain't seen nuthin' yet". Get ready for the Greater World Depression. Illegals trespassing into our country will stop as jobs disappear. There won't be any jobs "Americans won't take". We are stupidly fighting amongst ourselves as the real criminals are stealing the entire wealth of western civilization.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:38 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainlady View Post
One certainly does not have to know the English language to get by in the US unless one doesn't know how to speak Mexican/Spanish.
This I will never be able to understand. If I was going to live illegally in another country (which I would never do), the first thing I would get busy doing is learning the language. How can you possibly blend in unless you do. If illegals spoke fluent english...they would fly right under the radar. They would really be helping themselves so much....I don't get it.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:47 PM

163 posts, read 240,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
This I will never be able to understand. If I was going to live illegally in another country (which I would never do), the first thing I would get busy doing is learning the language. How can you possibly blend in unless you do. If illegals spoke fluent english...they would fly right under the radar. They would really be helping themselves so much....I don't get it.
That's part of the problem...they don't feel they HAVE to blend in and our federal government seemed to back them up. If anything having to do with the public was in english only they would have no choice but to learn the language. But all it took was one bleeding heart to say "but that's racist" and we would buckle.

Lucky for us the race card has finally lost it's punch and it just doesn't carry the threat it used to. WE THE PEOPLE are starting to take our country back.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:37 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimy View Post
That's part of the problem...they don't feel they HAVE to blend in and our federal government seemed to back them up. If anything having to do with the public was in english only they would have no choice but to learn the language. But all it took was one bleeding heart to say "but that's racist" and we would buckle.

Lucky for us the race card has finally lost it's punch and it just doesn't carry the threat it used to. WE THE PEOPLE are starting to take our country back.
One of the worst things an illegal alien apologist can use anymore against me is the 'race card'------------I fire back at such that I am extremely prejudiced against illegal aliens because they are criminals.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:40 AM

709 posts, read 1,766,871 times
Quote:
One certainly does not have to know the English language to get by in the US unless one doesn't know how to speak Mexican/Spanish.
Obviously you do not need to know a single word of English to get by in California for example. But I would think it would be very hard to get by in life not knowing any English if you lived in say Ohio for example where 98% of the population is made up of Non Hispanics. So in a state like Ohio you are overwhelmingly surrounded by people who do not speak Spanish. So if you do not speak a lick of English you can not communicate with 98% of the population in that state.

Remember that not all of the United States culturally and racially looks like Mexico, atleast not yet.

Last edited by John McClane; 07-12-2009 at 12:52 AM..

Old 07-12-2009, 06:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think.reciprocity View Post
Immigrants have always been an easy target in this country. "We" - the US public are really just playing into the political hands of the powers that be by falling for this same trick again & again. We did the same thing to immigrants during the early part of the 1900's. The language used then & the language now can almost be substituted word for word. Interestingly, a great deal of the political backing of the "illegal immigrant" talk back then was by the KKK.

We don't care to know the truth or look past the way the politicians & media are trying to sway our thoughts & see what is really going on. Nor do we care to know the truth of the past. Much of the west coast of the USA was Mexican land that we took from them - violating an existing treaty that allowed those who had land in those areas to keep it & remain living on it. We took ancestral land from Mexican people & claimed it as our own - kicking people off land that their ancestors had been living on for 100+ years.

There are few, if any of us, who have one iota of an idea what many of those who cross the border to come here & work survive just to get here - nor the conditions they leave behind to try & make a better life for their family. These are people who love their land & their heritage & likely would never leave if they had the economic opportunity to provide for their own. They risk their lives to come here - sacrifice everything - just to serve us our fast food, to pick our crops, or whatever the job is that even our teenagers often will not do. They pay our taxes & our social security - never to be able to reap the benefits because they are considered "illegal".

My grandfather came to this country in the early part of the 1900's from Russia. He was afraid of deportation until the day he died in 1973. I can find no record of him ever having a greencard or applying for citizenship. Not to mention the fact that he would not have qualified for citizenship to begin with because he could not read or write English. My grandfather was a hardworker & escaped harsh circumstances where he came from. To the best of my knowledge, I am the granddaughter of an "illegal alien".

I believe that any person who is willing to be a contributing member of our society should be afforded the right to seek "life, liberty, & the pursuit of happiness" just as we are. I believe that this is a right bestowed by God upon ALL of His children - not just those who were born within the invisible / manmade borders of the United States. I believe that, as little as I have, I am willing to do with just a bit less to allow for someone else in greater need to have just a bit more.

Don't buy into the hype. While everyone is clamouring to kick out the "illegals" - there are real issues happening right under our noses but we're too busy scapegoating the easiest & least powerful targets.

Once again... My 50 cents worth...
Bascailly I am not agianst legal immagration but am aginst illegal immagration. They in fact are law violators. We have alwyas allowed legal imgration as long as they can contribute and we decide who that is by need. Other cpounries including mexico have the same laws on being in their country illegally and espoecailly working.No one is a scapegoat here ;just criminals by their breaking our laws.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:08 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
Quote:
I understand what you're saying but, even with that, if someone has to rely on anything like that to communicate, it automatically alerts everyone that they're not from this country either legally or illegally....which could then cause problems for someone if they are in fact here illegally. If someone is stopped by authorities because there was probable cause to believe a crime or violation was being committed and they also happen to be here illegally, by being able to speak perfect or at least very good english to the authorities when answering questions, the issue of citizenship would be much less likely to brought up.

I was going to Disneyland several years back after picking up a bunch of people in San Diego. When you leave San Diego heading north on the freeway, there's a major immigration check point that everyone has to go through. A couple of the people in the car that were born and raised in El Paso spoke english with some what of an accent but, there was a young woman they were friends with that was actually here illegally (visiting but, still illegal and with no paperwork to show it). She spoke perfect english though because in the town where she grew up there was a Mormon school that she had attended the entire time (she actually spoke better english than most Americans....lol). As a result when we went through the check point and each person in the vehicle was asked their citizenship, she obviously lied but, it didn't even raise an eyebrow and the people with the accent actually did....they got asked a few more questions.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:41 PM

640 posts, read 1,731,660 times
Quote:
Great point. I also want to add that American businesses have accommodated Spanish-speakers for the sake of money. How many articles have been floated around about the multimillion dollar purchasing power of Hispanic people? If you think of it in the perspective of a CEO, it makes sense: Why should I wait for all of these people to learn English, when I can just translate everything to Spanish and take their money now?
Another example of how American greed really hurts this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration