Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 02:11 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,297,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Thanks for all you do. You are a loyal and patriotic American. I am not a resident of New York but I will make the call.

There is more than one type of American who is blinded by an agenda in this. Some as you said, think they are doing the moral thing and are blinded by misplaced compassion (bleeding heart liberals) while they are totally oblivious to their total lack of compassion for their fellow Americans. The other usual suspects are those blinded by ethnocentricism and some by greed.

As for these students getting jobs and helping our economy how can they do that after graduation when they can't work here? Not only that but for every job they would take that is one less job for an American. A workingAmerican would also be paying into our economy and contributing to our tax base. We have no shortage of Americans to do that.
You are exactly correct on the point about how they can help the economy if they aren't even able to work, also what taxes will they be contributing if technically they aren't able to work?

We know how that goes though. What they are going to try to do is put them in this position to be educated and once they get a large enough group of them, they will begin to push harder for amnesty. I find it hard to believe that none of these legislators even had that moment where they realized that even after graduating, they won't be legally able to work. Hmm, are they being even more bold by suggesting that even though you can't work here legally, you should try to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 02:13 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,289,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I don't think illegal alien kids should be entitled to our education. That is something that should be changed.

I agree the love to to use dishonest tactics when fighting with the citizens of this country.
I agree it should be changed, but the right for any child to get an elementary education in this country is the law right now.

Keep in mind that it isn't only illegals protesting their plight in this country but certain citizens are doing it in their behalf also. That is the part that I will never get. That is the part that is truly disturbing to me.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
You are exactly correct on the point about how they can help the economy if they aren't even able to work, also what taxes will they be contributing if technically they aren't able to work?

We know how that goes though. What they are going to try to do is put them in this position to be educated and once they get a large enough group of them, they will begin to push harder for amnesty. I find it hard to believe that none of these legislators even had that moment where they realized that even after graduating, they won't be legally able to work. Hmm, are they being even more bold by suggesting that even though you can't work here legally, you should try to?
I think the handwriting is on the wall. Many of our politicians think that an amnesty will occur so that these U.S. educated illegals will be able to work legally in our country. Why shouldn't they think that? Afterall, Obama has already given 300,000 of them a back door amnesty and even providing them with work permits.

Unfortunately, I don't think even if a Republican president is elected that things will change that much. I have lost total faith in our government and our politicians. They don't care what the majority think or feel. They have their own agendas and that's all that counts. It is going to take a public uprising like the "Occupy Wall Street" movement to force our message on them. By the way, I am no fan of the above movement.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I couldn't have said it better.

I totally agree with your post and feel your anger here. I also am outraged at this!!

I will contact those offices too!!
Thanks for making a call. When I called, I simply wanted to know their stance on this because I couldn't see how this could be OK if this tax-funded. Like I mentioned earlier, one office mentioned that it was a moral-decision. It remains amazing to me that they can choose one side (illegal immigrants) over another side (people who are legally here and more so, people who were born here.)

Old 11-17-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I think the handwriting is on the wall. Many of our politicians think that an amnesty will occur so that these U.S. educated illegals will be able to work legally in our country. Why shouldn't they think that? Afterall, Obama has already given 300,000 of them a back door amnesty and even providing them with work permits.

Unfortunately, I don't think even if a Republican president is elected that things will change that much. I have lost total faith in our government and our politicians. They don't care what the majority think or feel. They have their own agendas and that's all that counts. It is going to take a public uprising like the "Occupy Wall Street" movement to force our message on them. By the way, I am no fan of the above movement.
The country has gone from helping people in their country to opening up our country and forcing people in this country to share it (illegally) with those who came in.

This is a whole new form of "humanitarian aid."

I'm all for helping people who are less fortunate and helping poor countries around the world in a reasonable manner. However, when you start taking directly from citizens WITHIN their country, I think that is wrong.

Last edited by SoEdible; 11-17-2011 at 03:00 PM..

Old 11-17-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
The country has gone from helping people in their country to opening up our country and forcing people in this country to share it (illegally) with those who came in.

This is a whole new form of "humanitarian aid."

I'm all for helping people who are less fortunate and helping poor countries around the world in a reasonable manner. However, when you start taking directly from citizens WITHIN their country, I think that is wrong.
I agree. Giving humanitarian aid (as long as we can afford it) to poor foreign citizens in their own countries is one thing but quite another to allow them to come here illegally and take our jobs and benefits. We have to keep in mind our population growth also. Most third world immigrants are producers of large families without any resources to care for them on their own.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:17 PM

327 posts, read 319,509 times
Quote:
I agree it should be changed, but the right for any child to get an elementary education in this country is the law right now.

Keep in mind that it isn't only illegals protesting their plight in this country but certain citizens are doing it in their behalf also. That is the part that I will never get. That is the part that is truly disturbing to me.
You are right its the law, but you can't be submissive about illegals that don't belong here taking tax payer money getting educated and over crowding our schools, and hampering our learning enviroment.

We have to fight for our soveriegnty as they are fighting.

That is why they feel entitled because they get tax payer k-12 ed

Old 11-17-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
You are right its the law, but you can't be submissive about illegals that don't belong here taking tax payer money getting educated and over crowding our schools, and hampering our learning enviroment.

We have to fight for our soveriegnty as they are fighting.

That is why they feel entitled because they get tax payer k-12 ed
There is nothing we can do but to remain activists for the soveirgnty of our country and hope that our politicians listen to us or vote them out of office.

Illegals feel entitled for many reasons. Most of all because many of our politicans are enabling and pandering to them. They have been allowed to march in our streets without fear of ICE picking them up also. Now that Obama has decided to priortize which ones will be deported many have even less fear of being deported.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:47 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,651,307 times
Quote:

I agree.

I think those citizens have family members & friends as illegals, thats why we need to change/clarify the birth right in this country.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:09 AM

387 posts, read 590,085 times
Most New York state residents don't have a problem with Illegal Immigrants
NYC has the most foreign residents among its population so the state always makes laws to help immigrant, be it legal or undocumented
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration