Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 03:14 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Joining other advocates of immigration reform, Lewis participated in a national teleconference to mark the Nov. 11, 2010, adoption of a document called the Utah Compact, which advocates a more humane approach to immigration issues.
The compact -- endorsed by numerous political, business and religious leaders in Utah -- says the nation must find ways other than strict enforcement to deal with people who are here illegally but working productively.

Read more: Jerry Lewis urging focus on moderate immigration bill

The results of the elections show that voters don't like extremes of anything.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 05:26 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post

Read more: Jerry Lewis urging focus on moderate immigration bill

The results of the elections show that voters don't like extremes of anything.

Yeah, humane for who? Certainly not for American citizens. Working productively? You mean like working a job that an American needs and using fake and/or stolen I.D. to do so? How is it remotely "extreme" to enforce our immigration laws?

Old 11-15-2011, 05:44 PM

The usual suspects:

Politicians - pandering for votes

Businesses - wants the cheap labor

Religous organizations - Ignoring God's commendments while exercising misplaced compassion. Also wants more parshioners to contribute to their collection plates.

Yep, no ulterior motives there.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The usual suspects:

Politicians - pandering for votes

Businesses - wants the cheap labor

Religous organizations - Ignoring God's commendments while exercising misplaced compassion. Also wants more parshioners to contribute to their collection plates.

Yep, no ulterior motives there.
As usual, the hardliners think they know everything.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
As usual, the hardliners think they know everything.
Then please do tell us what the motives of a church are for advocating for illegal aliens, if it isn't misplaced compassion for lawbreakers who are breaking God's commandments also? Most illegals are Catholics and the Catholic Church is notorious for all of the above. Their followers are dropping more and more in numbers also.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:19 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Then please do tell us what the motives of a church are for advocating for illegal aliens, if it isn't misplaced compassion for lawbreakers who are breaking God's commandments also? Most illegals are Catholics and the Catholic Church is notorious for all of the above. Their followers are dropping more and more in numbers also.

I was raised Catholic but I do not agree with the Catholic church's instance on the issue.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Catholics are not the only ones who support a reasonable approach to the issue. Evangelicals, Mormons, Jews, every single religious group supports this approach. How the heck would i know what their motives are? I'm not a heart or mind reader. I don't want to get into a religious discussion with you, but God's law overrules man-mad laws.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i love jerry but he should stick to charity and comedy.
whenever they say "immigration reform" they mean omg yet another amnesty.
i have had enough.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Catholics are not the only ones who support a reasonable approach to the issue. Evangelicals, Mormons, Jews, every single religious group supports this approach. How the heck would i know what their motives are? I'm not a heart or mind reader. I don't want to get into a religious discussion with you, but God's law overrules man-mad laws.
Yes, I know that. What the motives are of these other religious organizations is I don't know. They obviously think that compassion includes not reporting lawbreakers to the authorities. While their compassion is noticebly missing for American citizens. Nothing in God's teachings says that lawbreakers should be exempt from justice. If lawbreaking wasn't wrong then why would he have written the ten commandments? You know commandments like "thou shalt not lie and steal and covet thy neighbor". Most man-made laws mirror God's laws.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:43 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
I hate to say this but what do you expect from a church who has had several cases of child molestation by their Priests and in some cases refused to do anything about it? They seem to be siding more with criminals these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration