Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 12:58 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times

Advertisements

If they are in the country illegally, wouldn't they be committing a crime by default?
Some countries just boot you out for that. Most toss you in jail and then boot you out. Others just shoot you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 09:00 AM

22 posts, read 14,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There is no way you have a source that says only 1% are violent. Of course not all are violent but a whole lot more than 1% are, and it doesn't give you any credibility to just make up numbers to justify open borders.

First of all we don't need to import ANY criminals, nor should we import ANY food stamp recipients, Medicaid recipients, and so on.

And just because someone hasn't murdered someone doesn't give him some right to break our immigration laws and commit felony document theft, etc.

Mexico complains loudly when any are deported because it believes a large chunk of them are violent types that are greatly escalating the violent crime statistics in towns where they are deported.

Mexico: Deportations From U.S. Fuels Violence : NPR (http://www.npr.org/2011/10/20/141571746/mexico-deportations-from-u-s-fuels-violence - broken link)

If Mexico adamently does not want these people, then why should we want them? And Mexico definitely doesn't want the supposedly non-violent back either. It doesn't want any of them back.
Who is justifying open borders? I clearly said I and most Americans want the borders secured. Just because I do not want to accept the dishonesty about how the illegals are murderers or rapists does not mean I justify open borders. It really seems like people just don't understand that for some reason. They think the world is black and white, and it's not. You can be for secure borders without blindly accepting what is spouted by idiots and radicals on both sides of the issue.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:06 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed View Post
Who is justifying open borders? I clearly said I and most Americans want the borders secured. Just because I do not want to accept the dishonesty about how the illegals are murderers or rapists does not mean I justify open borders. It really seems like people just don't understand that for some reason. They think the world is black and white, and it's not. You can be for secure borders without blindly accepting what is spouted by idiots and radicals on both sides of the issue.
The issue is black & white

Illegal & legal

two sides: Respect (law abiding) & disrespect (non law abiding)

Old 11-16-2011, 09:36 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
I don't think any of us has ever said that all illegals are rapists, murderers and other violent criminals. I know I certainly haven't. But the mere mention that some of them are brings the pro-illegals out of the woodwork to claim that we have made that statement.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't think any of us has ever said that all illegals are rapists, murderers and other violent criminals. I know I certainly haven't. But the mere mention that some of them are brings the pro-illegals out of the woodwork to claim that we have made that statement.
You certainly haven't but others have and that was the point of the article I posted.

Quote:
"You're dealing with a criminal culture that where they're from, no one ever gets charged," said William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee, based in Raleigh. "Many illegal immigrants have a rape and pillage mentality."
But I suppose this fool, William Gheen, in no way represents the legitimate views of those for legal immigration including those here on this forum. But there are people who believe anything that comes out of these people only because they're the "president" of some group. From my experience, people here (most of them at least) are smarter and willing to look at the facts.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:14 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
You certainly haven't but others have and that was the point of the article I posted.

But I suppose this fool, William Gheen, in no way represents the legitimate views of those for legal immigration including those here on this forum. But there are people who believe anything that comes out of these people only because they're the "president" of some group. From my experience, people here (most of them at least) are smarter and willing to look at the facts.
Where did Gheen say that all illegals are violent criminals? Didn't he say "many" and not all?

Old 11-16-2011, 06:26 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i beg to differ sur.
you are referring to people that have been arrested and booked.
what about the 35% increase in unsolved homocide that has been attributed by FBI to undocumented not having any records in this country and therefore inability to trace normal clues in the homocide.
undoc murderers and rapists are invisible. they have no DNA and fingerprints unless they are caught and booked. from a very good source in tiajuana, most of the people now crossing over already have a warrant out on them in some other state than Baja. i am no stranger to mexico. the argument that they are just poor working people looking for a better life-- is a weak one.
maybe 30 years ago, but not now.
Yes, now they're out to murder your children and rape your wife.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Where did Gheen say that all illegals are violent criminals? Didn't he say "many" and not all?
Yep, he said "many". Many means a large amount. Are many Americans violent criminals? Nope. How about "some"? That's probably more like it, and if it's not, it's a whole lot closer to the truth than "many". You might say I'm nit-picking, but when you're the President of a group and you're issuing public statements, then you have to make sure you're using the correct language. You're not just some forum poster. But I guess being accurate or honest is not so important to "some" people so long as it helps gets their agenda out into the public.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:42 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,285,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I am young and educated and I know what this sheriff said is nothing but BS.
Lol, okay.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:23 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
Quote:
Yep, he said "many". Many means a large amount. Are many Americans violent criminals? Nope. How about "some"? That's probably more like it, and if it's not, it's a whole lot closer to the truth than "many". You might say I'm nit-picking, but when you're the President of a group and you're issuing public statements, then you have to make sure you're using the correct language. You're not just some forum poster. But I guess being accurate or honest is not so important to "some" people so long as it helps gets their agenda out into the public.
Not all illegal aliens are VIOLENT perps. But NO illegal aliens in the USA WOULD cut down violent crimes cause some illegals ARE violent. Yeah most illegals prey on other illegals but felonys are felonys. Let em take there busines to Mexico, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration