U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 02:20 PM

1,058 posts, read 3,117,413 times

Advertisements

It seems to me that many of the White Americans I talk to these days are quite pessimistic about the future. Many White Americans view the future with dread. Hardly anyone is optimistic that America will be a better place for their children or grandchildren. In fact I often hear, "at least I won't be around for it, but unfortunately my kids will." What is "it"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 02:47 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,418,518 times
Trust me when I say it isn't just the whites that are pessimistic about this country's future (and for reasons that doesn't include the fact of them being outnumbered by Latinos).

Old 08-27-2007, 02:50 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,037,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
It seems to me that many of the White Americans I talk to these days are quite pessimistic about the future. Many White Americans view the future with dread. Hardly anyone is optimistic that America will be a better place for their children or grandchildren. In fact I often hear, "at least I won't be around for it, but unfortunately my kids will." What is "it"?
Nope, I don't see a good future for America I am sorry to say. Where has it been going for the last 30 years. Just look at some of are city's, 30 years ago they were a nice place to live today you can't be on the street without fear of being mugged and killed,
And it will not be a better place for are kids and grandchildren. I feel that they may see a civil war in the streets of America

Old 08-27-2007, 07:46 PM

634 posts, read 2,556,549 times
I'm not optimistic either. All great nations need a strong national imperative; ours seems to be: "Be good little drones and work harder so those who have enough money to insulate themselves in safe communities may have even more wealth. Now shut up and don't complain about outsourcing or immigration, lest you're a protectionist/racist."

Old 08-27-2007, 10:50 PM

101 posts, read 292,203 times
America won't be able to keep its world hegemony for long. In fact our power is quickly waning as you read this little post of mine.

Sadly, the US government refuses to allow it.

Maybe it's just the fear of other countries getting hold of nuclear weapons and all that, but for once the US needs to set a decent example. I don't think threatening other nations or invading a country for no good reason are decent examples at all. If the world is going to be a slightly more peaceful place then this country needs to be less belligerent because the other countries are taking careful note. After all, we are a powerful, rich nation and of course we're the "role models" whether we like it or not.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:37 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,897,507 times
It doesn't have to do with "white", it has to do with all citizens (LEGAL) in our country who are not asleep to what is happening, those who are educated and still able to think for themselves, who still have some semblance of values and love of their country. Staying rooted in reality not a value it seems, exemplified by the media which has totally taken over (shaping the news, not objectively giving us the news). Wake Up America should become the national mantra for all of us. Time will tell.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:21 AM

5,640 posts, read 16,934,349 times
Nope I don't either. Our politicians are selling us out. And we can't vote them out, because of our two party system we get to choose between "dumb and dumber".

No win.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:10 PM

99 posts, read 322,778 times
Default More like realistic.

I am more like realistic, but still optimistic. It has nothing to do with being
white. It seems it's the old white guys who are selling us out unfortunately!!

The bad:

It is a fact that our country is ran by an elite group of ultra rich people,
who control all the money (banks/fed) and therefore are really the ones who
control the government. Sadly time has proven that they and their chosen
(supposedly elected) officials have become more and more corrupt, brazen,
greedy, interwoven, and power hungry. They have succeeded in dumbing down of our society through media, consumerism, degradation of family values etc. We have all been slowly forced to work more, earn less, and most importantly own less. It is like a poker game and a recession would allow them to pull all their chips back in and increase their wealth and power even more. (homes,stocks etc.) It is not a fair game like some may think.

The really scary thing is that it would seem that the utmost level of corruption has met opportunity. Bush has sold legislation and set us up
for failure at his hands. By orchestrating 9/11 it enabled them to "go to war"
in Iraq for the oil, money in government contracts for the weapons, and
every other aspect. It is no secret they are trying to set us up for the whole
NAU thing (open borders during terror alerts??)and then the global economy or new world order. A system that could potentially put a serious damper on our way of life and our future. Bush and the boys could crash the stock market (black tuesday) and give him a third term to continue these plans. Terrorism gives them an excuse to break down the constitution with things like Homeland Security taking away all our privacies, and FEMA setting up hundreds of what appear to be, and there is no way to sugarcoat this, concentration camps (FEMA camps REX84). All the evidence points to generations of plans slowly taking effect. They think it is working because your typical sheep don't think for themselves and believe what is spoonfed to them on TV, radio, and magazines that our owned by the people responsible!!!! It actually is hard to deny once you have read, seen, and made sense of the evidence and that is very scary!! That would mean before Bush's term is up, something massive could shock our world. There is intel from a certain credible source that "al-queda" plans to set nuclear bombs in 6,7 or 8 cities including rural by the end of October. That would enable bush to stay in office, enforce martial law (google it), break down the constitution, and hold anyone for any reason.

That is why it is crucial that we the people stay informed, together, vigilant,
and prepared. The next time something happens we take action and
we don't stand for anyone who could be a potential terrorist, and we go straight after the Goverment who sabatoged us. They should know that we
know what may be possible and that we are ready to react.

The Good

People are starting to wake up and realize that the United States is operating in the gray area, way more than black and white. People are waking up to the idea we may not live in a perfect world. They see our kids dying daily in
Iraq are starting to wonder why...really??? They see our government flooding
in illegals and then giving them credit cards and protecting them more than they protect those who protect the borders!! More than half realize that there was way more than meets the eye to 9/11 ! I mean come on people this
is serious, and more and more sheep are waking up out of the Matrix every day thanks to the internet mostly. If the government and powers that be
realize that Americans will not let this treason take place and we aren't the
drones in a SIMS game they think we are, they will hold off. We can vote
for RON PAUL ON PAPER BALLOTS ! We can start getting rid of some of the corrupt Bush cronies who may be in position. That will enable us to restore power to the constitution, lock down the borders and actually preserve what we are supposed to be about here. Maybe we can reverse some of the damage that has been done to the economy. Try to get back to morals, family values, and the American way. Then just maybe we won't see any
major overnight changes and the world will just slowly degrade and humans
might have another 100 years "if" the planet holds up. And hey look at the
bright side, the mayans who's calendar we follow said the world ends in 2012 anyway so maybe a meteor will just take us all out of our misery or something.

My new stance is to spread the word, make people aware, be prepared, and
then go on with my life as normal. Also getting good with GOD so that I do
not fear death. I suggest you do all of the same. Don't take my word for it
research for hours yourself!!! And if you can prove I am a raving worry wort I welcome your opinions because I can't find for the life of me any info that will disprove what is really right in front of all of our faces, and the answer to
all of our questions and frustrations.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:14 PM

7,139 posts, read 12,897,507 times
Great post dataman, glad you are staying optimistic!

Old 08-28-2007, 12:17 PM

110 posts, read 325,696 times
Enron, 9/11, Katrina, Mexico, Asia...whats next? The WORLD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or