U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 11:00 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,645,479 times

Advertisements

Survey finds ethnic divide among voters on DREAM Act - latimes.com

They will do anything for their compadres and comadres!

"Many Californians worry that they are being priced out of the state's public university systems, and they object to allowing illegal immigrants the same financial aid that U.S. citizens can receive at the campuses, a new poll has found."

"But there is a huge ethnic divide on the issue, according to the USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times survey: 79% of Latinos approve of the law, while only 30% of whites do."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 11:33 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times
This is from the link:

Quote:
On the other hand, Andrew Haesloop, 25, a Democrat from San Carlos, supports the DREAM Act. Its costs ultimately will be offset, he reasoned, by the higher taxes paid by students who land better jobs because they had the opportunity for a college education.
If they are illegally here then how can they work after college?

The other thing that I found interesting about this news article is that they did not mention any other groups of people, particularly Black Americans and I'm even curious about Asians in California.

Old 11-19-2011, 06:56 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

"Many Californians worry that they are being priced out of the state's public university systems, and they object to allowing illegal immigrants the same financial aid that U.S. citizens can receive at the campuses, a new poll has found."

"But there is a huge ethnic divide on the issue, according to the USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times survey: 79% of Latinos approve of the law, while only 30% of whites do."
No suprise here.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:57 AM

387 posts, read 510,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
This is from the link:

The other thing that I found interesting about this news article is that they did not mention any other groups of people, particularly Black Americans and I'm even curious about Asians in California.
Avg Joe on street don't even know what Dream Act is about

Old 11-19-2011, 10:02 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
Avg Joe on street don't even know what Dream Act is about
If you told him he would be completely against it. Unlike the local illegal brigade, the average Joe does not expect to move to a foreign country without permission and then make outrageous demands on locals.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:40 PM

302 posts, read 341,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
This is from the link:

The same way their parents do now, illegally and under the table.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:48 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
The majority of hispanics here are here illegally or born to illegals.

You will not find many hispanics whose families were here before 1986. Even fewer wose roots go back to 1950.

In 1986, a huge amnesty was given so all those here before 1986 and all those who poured over the border to get in on it were given their legal status, but more began pouring over the border after that amnesty many millions and they are now demanding amnesties of all kinds.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:46 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,272,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

Wow, really? They want what's best for them? What a crazy concept!

Other ethnic groups are never ever like that. Never!

Old 11-19-2011, 03:11 PM

6,515 posts, read 8,597,986 times
Wow! Gee! what a surprise, 79% of hispanics support the dream act. Who wooda thunk it.
Here's another big surprise. 92% of black people voted for Obama and 80% still support him.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:19 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,645,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Wow, really? They want what's best for them? What a crazy concept!

Other ethnic groups are never ever like that. Never!
Making this a "race" issue. They do it themselves!

I do not support this because it affects my "people" negatively. I am against amnesty or the BS Dream Act because it will affect Americans of all colors in a negative way.

I don't have a special group's interest in mind.

They really only care about their folks. That is the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or