Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 07:49 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,591 times

Advertisements

As far as I'm concerned, they can take their families with them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 07:51 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
As someone that traditionally leans right, I can honestly say that I don't know how I feel about what Newt was saying on illegal immigration. I think, if we're on the left or right, we tend to want our politicians to campaign to their extreme bases but once elected, we want a centrist.
Then complain about it, and make sure NOTHING of centrist nature can happen. The result, chaos.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:51 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
If your sitting back waiting on some POLITICAN to take the OFFICE of PRESIDNECY and then send every illegal immigrant back to mexico, your dreaming! That's not gonna happen. WAKE UP! WASHINGTON has already allowed AMNESTY by DOING NOTHING!!!... They get away with it because the VOTERS simply blame the other side.

Do something about the border first and formost.. stop the DAMN Leak before thinking about bailing out the water...

Old 11-23-2011, 07:56 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Then complain about it, and make sure NOTHING of centrist nature can happen. The result, chaos.
What are you talking about? Are you directing this at me personally or saying the majority complain about centrist type of activities by politicians?

You can look back in history and see when our leaders are centrist or middle right in their leadership, they have enjoyed pretty high approval numbers. Reagan is a pretty good example and even Clinton in many things. I think it would be an easy argument to say that neither of the aforementoined Presidents led completely from the far left or the far right.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:04 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
What are you talking about? Are you directing this at me personally or saying the majority complain about centrist type of activities by politicians?
No, I'm directing at your argument. Aren't we supposed to do that? Do you not see that the biggest complain that the extreme left wingers is that Obama is a centrists/center-right? While we may end up electing centrists, the extremists define what follows.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:07 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Am I hearing him right? Does he know what happened to Rudy in 2008 for supporting illegals?
At the moment, Gingrich is "for" anything that will get him some media attention. Don't put too much faith in whatever his current position on any issue might be.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:15 AM

5 posts, read 3,757 times
Default So let me get this straight

Some on here believe it's okay for even the most educated to stay here? No way. They are law breakers, anyone that is here illegally is breaking the law. Deport them and have them apply for citizenship. However, before deporting can be done, we have to secure the borders. If an illegal has been here for 20 years, has two generations, and is working, I could careless. Illegals have no SS#'s therefore cannot pay taxes. So not only have they been breaking the law for 20 years, in addition they have stolen money from the government by not paying taxes on the money they earn in the US. So we are going to forgive them for 20 years of breaking the law being here illegally and tax invasion for 20 years? How much moeny is that that they would owe on average? If I didn't pay for taxes for 20 years, can I be forgiven? Hell no, the IRS would get it somehow someway, including taking my home and valuble possesions. (Per Glen Beck) Great point. When people break the law and go to jail, isn't families being broken up as well? So now the Illegals are better then our own law breaking citizens? IF YOU ARE HERE ILLEGALLY, YOU SHOULD BE DEPORTED TO WHEREVER YOU CAME FROM. YOU APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP LIKE MANY HAVE AND DO IT THE RIGHT WAY (REGARDLESS). This sympathy for lawbreakers is ridiculous.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:15 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No, I'm directing at your argument. Aren't we supposed to do that? Do you not see that the biggest complain that the extreme left wingers is that Obama is a centrists/center-right? While we may end up electing centrists, the extremists define what follows.
I understand what you're saying. Yes, I find this as well. Same thing with the right. While Obama has some policies that are centrist, I believe his rhetoric is very left and thus has not enjoyed this same popularity. Some of these centrist policies might account for why his approval numbers are higher than one would think given the current state of the economy.

It's a tough call because I don't think a far right or far left President is good for our country but at the same time, I want to know the principles that guide my President. Newt is taking a pretty centrist viewpoint on illegals here and I don't see it helping him in the long run but I do appreciate that he made me actually look at my own position. Nothing wrong with that, even if I ultimately do not agree with him on this.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:31 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Up until now, no one ask for documentation regarding resources used by undocumented folks in the US.

Some research needs doing to determine what, if anything, these people use. In my district it cost about $7000 a year to school a child. Babies born to undocumented workers can get about $750 a month in rent and food aid.

My local high school went from 8% reduced and free lunch to 65% in 9 years time. Nothing has changed regarding housing. No huge low income apartments, etc. The school population is now majority Hispanic.

Now, comes Newt, the champion liar of all time. He lies to his wives, he lies to his party, he lies to his co-workers, he lies to his employees, he lies to the House Ethics committee, he lies to the IRS. Now y'all want to reward Newt with the White House and the illegals with citizenship.

I do not understand Republicans.
The illegal's babies are here to stay regardless. Get over it. If you let the republican's plans to fix the economy get through the senate, there might be enough work for us all.
Newt never said citizenship. Why do you have to lie? He said make them legal; and only the few that have been productive members of society for many years.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
We must stop these pro-open borders, unlimited immigration especially of ultra cheap, medicaid and food stamp requiring immigrants.

These politicians are nothing but puppets of the global cheap labor elites. What jobs can't be exported, they want to have very massive and unlimited illegal immigration in order to bring wages down to rock bottom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration