U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 08:06 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,646,310 times

Advertisements

US ranchers: We live in fear along Mexican border - Nightly News - msnbc.com

"The Obama administration and many local officials have said the U.S.-Mexican border is safer than ever and that reports of violence on the American side are wildly exaggerated. But the farmer scoffed at that argument. "I walk this soil every day and have since I was old enough to come out on my own," he said. "In this part of Texas, it is worse than it's ever been."

I side with the Farmers. They deal with the issue every single day.

Do Politicians really expect us to believe the border is secure? Really?

I cannot imagine living in fear on a daily basis. You can even feel safe in your own home...and the government chooses to joke about it instead. I bet these farmers and many other folks who live close the border didn't find the "moat with Alligators" joke funny at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 09:22 PM

14,806 posts, read 18,805,928 times
We have nobody else to blame but AMERICANS for buying the drugs that those mexican drug dealers bring.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:26 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,293,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
We have nobody else to blame but AMERICANS for buying the drugs that those mexican drug dealers bring.
If Mexican drug dealers didn't supply the drugs, there would be no demand.

Cut off the supply, and the demand will eventually fade.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:29 PM

47,316 posts, read 24,619,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

"The Obama administration and many local officials have said the U.S.-Mexican border is safer than ever and that reports of violence on the American side are wildly exaggerated. But the farmer scoffed at that argument. "I walk this soil every day and have since I was old enough to come out on my own," he said. "In this part of Texas, it is worse than it's ever been."

I cannot imagine living in fear on a daily basis. You can even feel safe in your own home...and the government chooses to joke about it instead. I bet these farmers and many other folks who live close the border didn't find the "moat with Alligators" joke funny at all.
I side with the farmers and ranchers too since they're American citizens, but i don't buy this crap about them living in fear. I think it's overblown.

They're on the border for crying out loud. The border can only be safe up to a certain point. The illegals passing through are doing just that...passing through. The overwhelming majority don't want to bother anyone...they just want to get to one of the larger population centers to find a job. Messing with ranchers will just alert the BP to their routes and increase their chances of getting caught. They pay a lot of dough to get up here...they don't wanna waste that money.

The drug smugglers present a more dangerous problem. However, with drug prohibition, this is just a fact of life. Americans want their dope, and they'll get it no matter how hard you patrol the border. We live in an open country....what are we supposed to do? Put Border Patrol on every inch of the border?

Old 11-25-2011, 09:47 PM

10,395 posts, read 8,346,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

This regime speaks with forked tongue.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:48 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I side with the farmers and ranchers too since they're American citizens, but i don't buy this crap about them living in fear. I think it's overblown.
Yeah, I'm sure the reporting of thousands of murders that occur in Mexico at the hands of cartels is over blown also. With the cartels going through your property, why would you be afraid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The drug smugglers present a more dangerous problem. However, with drug prohibition, this is just a fact of life. Americans want their dope, and they'll get it no matter how hard you patrol the border. We live in an open country....what are we supposed to do? Put Border Patrol on every inch of the border?
Maybe instead of starting another war in Libya and policing the world our troops should be on the border protecting our country. The cartels present a much greater threat to our citizens then terrorists. If the cartels try their crap with our troops on the border, they can be handled with extreme predjudice.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:52 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Obama plays politics at the cost of protecting our own borders, is that not the shi--.

Most of us who udnerstandt this delicate issue, know that it has been tried to be swept under the rug, but you see, the rug has been pulled up, and too many now can see what is happening along our borders.

They are as dangerous as ever, maybe worse, and the fact that we can have a administration lie to us, and tell us they are safer then ever, is a bull faced lie.

It is a crying shame the citizens of this Country have got to live in fear, in their own backyards, this is sickening. Should we now take a stance on our true feelings on this issue.

If we the citizens don't get involved, what will happen to future genrations.

We need to get someone in office, who honestly takes a stance hardline on illegal immigration, and do something about it. Not talk a good game, actually act upon his actions.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:10 PM

24,889 posts, read 20,307,565 times
We were busy with wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. So we slacked off on the drug war. Allowing medical use in many states, with dispensaries, the need for Mexican dirt weed and other dugs were lowering.

Now that we are shifting attention back home, there is a sudden crack down on dispensaries, so that it keeps drug runners border crossing, which continues a need for the military industrial complex.

Its all a big scam to keep the military spending money we don't have.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:18 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
We were busy with wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. So we slacked off on the drug war. Allowing medical use in many states, with dispensaries, the need for Mexican dirt weed and other dugs were lowering.

Now that we are shifting attention back home, there is a sudden crack down on dispensaries, so that it keeps drug runners border crossing, which continues a need for the military industrial complex.

Its all a big scam to keep the military spending money we don't have.
I believe that you mant congress senate and the Potus didn't you?

Old 11-25-2011, 10:20 PM

24,889 posts, read 20,307,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I believe that you mant congress senate and the Potus didn't you?

The idea behind the military industrial complex is that the military and industry ban together to lobby potus and congress spending money on them. And if they decide to try and cut them, then they scream "unpatriotic" and "not safe" to scare people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or