Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 04:43 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times

Advertisements

I always try and see if anything has been posted before and sometimes I miss it. If so, this can be deleted.

[LEFT]
Quote:
..March 18, 2012...Recently published reports have focused on a letter submitted on March 1st by Congressman Darrel Issa to Secretary of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano. Issa is the Californian Republican who chairs the House Committee on Government Reform and Oversight. His letter demanded Napolitano address claims that the Border Patrol has been “cooking the books”--distorting the true number of undocumented immigrants who are apprehended along our nation's southwest border. Issa's letter to Napolitano was predicated on information that insiders at the DHS have purportedly provided to Issa's office.
These statistics are extremely important because they have not only been used by the administration to reflect on how secure our border is, but also used to support the contention that because arrests along the border are down, that the number of undocumented immigrants present in the United States is also down.....snipped...
Very good opinion piece by former agent,

Read more: DHS Border Patrol Arrest Statistics Underestimate Illegal Immigration | Fox News Latino
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 09:06 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
I'm not the least bit surprised. They also know there are far more illegals in this country than the "estimated" 12 million, or the most recent fabricated number of 10.8 million. Naturally, they don't have anything close to an accurate accounting. But, they can certainly get a general idea from the BILLIONS of dollars illegals are receiving in welfare benefits, etc. and so-called child tax credits.

I firmly believe if we offer amnesty to illegals, a minimum of 30 million will apply. This country has allowed itself to be punk'd big time. Only, this isn't a joke. It's real, and the damage will be felt for generations.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:40 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I'm not the least bit surprised. They also know there are far more illegals in this country than the "estimated" 12 million, or the most recent fabricated number of 10.8 million. Naturally, they don't have anything close to an accurate accounting. But, they can certainly get a general idea from the BILLIONS of dollars illegals are receiving in welfare benefits, etc. and so-called child tax credits.

I firmly believe if we offer amnesty to illegals, a minimum of 30 million will apply. This country has allowed itself to be punk'd big time. Only, this isn't a joke. It's real, and the damage will be felt for generations.
That sounds reasonable. In 1986 approximately three times the number the government estimated applied for amnesty, so I too expect it will be the same for any estimation of illegal aliens they make.The Border Patrol says they arrest about 100 illegal aliens per day in Nogales, AZ. This is one town, in one day, and only those they catch. Considering these figures, I'd like to know how we went from12 million to 10.8 million.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:49 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
best guess by some experts is 20 million.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:03 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
best guess by some experts is 20 million.
And we've had members here say 50 million...

Do we just believe whom throws out the highest number?...

Old 03-24-2012, 06:45 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

No, but regardless of whether it is 10 or 50 million it isn't ok. Don't you agree?

Old 03-24-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:

Given the lack of anything vaguely resembling credible data, one guess is as good as the other. The fact remains, we have no idea if there are 20, 30, or as high as 50 million illegals in this country; which is precisely why this problem is unsustainable, and MUST be resolved.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Given the lack of anything vaguely resembling credible data, one guess is as good as the other. The fact remains, we have no idea if there are 20, 30, or as high as 50 million illegals in this country; which is precisely why this problem is unsustainable, and MUST be resolved.
Why is the guess of an individual that has not traveled to specific areas in the United States even valid at all?...

I actually take affront to incorrectly calling a larger portion of the Hispanics in my region as "illegal", when it is just not true...

YOu have already said the delusion that the 50's through the 70's were a warm and fuzzy time for them...

Don't make me think that everything YOu say is about as worthless as what malamute states...

Old 03-24-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Why is the guess of an individual that has not traveled to specific areas in the United States even valid at all?...
Who are you referring to? Besides, that's irrelevant. Illegals have invaded this entire country. You don't need to live on the border, or even visit that area, to realize we have untold millions living in this country illegally.

Quote:
I actually take affront to incorrectly calling a larger portion of the Hispanics in my region as "illegal", when it is just not true...
Again, the FACT remains, there is NO credible data. Therefore, as I previously stated, no one knows how many illegals are in this country. Furthermore, I doubt you're more offended by the assumed number of illegals in your area, than I am of the KNOWN millions that are draining this country dry.

Quote:
YOu have already said the delusion that the 50's through the 70's were a warm and fuzzy time for them...
Oh, please. Not that again. Prior to this invasion, Hispanics were not even on the radar.

Quote:
Don't make me think that everything YOu say is about as worthless as what malamute states...
Why should I care what YOu think? Furthermore, in case you don't know, malamute is NOT the topic of this thread.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
...Again, the FACT remains, there is NO credible data. Therefore, as I previously stated, no one knows how many illegals are in this country. Furthermore, I doubt you're more offended by the assumed number of illegals in your area, than I am of the KNOWN millions that are draining this country dry...
So how many illegal aliens do I have in my area? Ten percent of the Hispanic population? A number like 50 million says that close to 100% of them are.

Why is that even believable?...

Rather than making a case against illegal aliens seem more relevant, it rather makes me think I would be listening to an irrational loon. Throw in some stories about a "secret doorway" underneath a Port of Entry, and no distinction in loose terminology for what is being portrayed. Add conspiracy theories including entire agencies in the United States.

Yeah, that really isn't convincing to me...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration