Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2011, 06:10 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,728,913 times

Advertisements

Children are prime targets. In Arizona, it is estimated that over one million children are victims of identity theft. In Utah, 1,626 companies were found to be paying wages to the SSNs of children on public assistance under the age of 13. These individuals suffer very real and very serious consequences in their lives.
Illegal aliens commit felonies in order to get jobs. Illegal aliens who use fraudulent documents, perjure themselves on I-9 forms, and commit identity theft in order to get jobs are committing serious offenses and are not “law abiding.”
Illegally employed aliens send billions of dollars annually to their home countries, rather than spending it in the United States and helping stimulate the American economy. In October 2008 alone, $2.4 billion was transferred to Mexico.
Tolerance of corruption erodes the rule of law. Corruption is a serious problem in most illegal aliens’ home countries. Allowing it to flourish here paves the way for additional criminal activity and increased corruption throughout society.
Illegal, but Not Undocumented: Identity Theft, Document Fraud, and Illegal Employment | Center for Immigration Studies

I wonder if members of our government or their family members had their identities stolen, if they would continue to support illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 06:24 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,130,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Children are prime targets. In Arizona, it is estimated that over one million children are victims of identity theft. In Utah, 1,626 companies were found to be paying wages to the SSNs of children on public assistance under the age of 13. These individuals suffer very real and very serious consequences in their lives.
Illegal aliens commit felonies in order to get jobs. Illegal aliens who use fraudulent documents, perjure themselves on I-9 forms, and commit identity theft in order to get jobs are committing serious offenses and are not “law abiding.”
Illegally employed aliens send billions of dollars annually to their home countries, rather than spending it in the United States and helping stimulate the American economy. In October 2008 alone, $2.4 billion was transferred to Mexico.
Tolerance of corruption erodes the rule of law. Corruption is a serious problem in most illegal aliens’ home countries. Allowing it to flourish here paves the way for additional criminal activity and increased corruption throughout society.
Illegal, but Not Undocumented: Identity Theft, Document Fraud, and Illegal Employment | Center for Immigration Studies

I wonder if members of our government or their family members had their identities stolen, if they would continue to support illegal immigration.
I would rep. that twice if I could. It's pathetic the way
that the government looks the other way on ID theft.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:58 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,269,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Yet it appears it will all be forgiven with an amnesty.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
It truly is pathetic and outrageous. I can remember a time in this country when identity theft was rarely if ever heard of. Now, I'm afraid to use credit cards, or anything of an identifying nature. I have managed to stay one step ahead of the game only because I have had a fraud alert on my credit report for more than a decade.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 12-01-2011 at 04:18 PM..

Old 03-24-2012, 01:16 PM

2 posts, read 1,985 times
This lady Kettely Rose has illegally used my identity for years and I'm just now able to pursue charges against her. I'm look forward to justice being served.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just life View Post
This lady Kettely Rose has illegally used my identity for years and I'm just now able to pursue charges against her. I'm look forward to justice being served.
Good for you. Once you get your credit cleared of the fraudulent entries, if you have not already done so, call any one of the 3 credit agencies and they will put a fraud alert on your credit reports. That way you will receive some form of notification each time someone attempts to make any purchases or open new credit in your name.

Congratulations and good luck in getting the thief prosecuted.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:52 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,459,592 times
Ever notice when at the store The Spanish speaking Hispanics only use cash. I always see them purchasing money orders to send their money home because they do not use U.S. banks.
A Feminist on CD recently posted that illegals pay taxes on property and vehicles and of course sales tax. She also bragged about how in her state anchor babies when reaching college age can get on a fast track for state tuition assistance. All this after 17 years of free public education.
Well they have no choice but to pay sales tax at our stores but in my dealings with them I do not see them paying income tax, property tax and only sometimes vehicle registration fees. They want menial jobs where they are paid cash under the table. This is why they then go to the local grocery store to get a money order to send back to Mexico. All the while flying under the radar.
Also about identitiy theft, I recently put a stop at least for now of dumpster diving in my neighborhood. It was becoming more and more of a problem. Every morning of trash pick up teams of obviously illegal Hispanics were going through all of the trash cans in my neighborhood. This a violation of one of our city ordinances.

Last edited by dober1; 03-25-2012 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: add on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration