Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 06:23 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,068,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
And yet Indians were denied as even Gray adds. So yea, Congress can alter the meaning for children born of foreigners here by statute.
What part of "England has no Indians" (and hence "English common law has no Indians") do you continue to not get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns
and yet I have given you the definition of Common Law, go figure.
You have linked to a definition you still explicitly do not understand.

Quote:
It must be interpreted in the light of common law, not that common law is what confers BRC. Understand the case citations that Gray refers to. he proceeded to resort to the common law as an aid in the construction of this provision
And of course under Anglo-American common law, anyone born on US soil who is not the child of a foreign diplomat or alien army in hostile occupation is a citizen by birthright.

Quote:
That's a lot of envisioning. From Gray: a "person born in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" within the meaning of the clause in question. That decision was placed upon the grounds that the meaning of those words was
not merely subject in some respect or degree to the jurisdiction of the United States, but completely subject to their political jurisdiction, and owing them direct and immediate allegiance;
And of course, under more than a half millennium of Anglo-American common law, this would mean anyone born on US soil who is not the child of a foreign diplomat or alien army in hostile occupation.

Quote:
What in your quoted paragraph mentions illegal aliens? (here is where you come back saying it doesn't need to because they aren't one of the 3 things Gray says can not obtain BRC by Common Law.)
There was no such thing as illegal aliens at the time the passage was written.

Quote:
A person with an overt ego, who woulda thunk it!
What does that even mean?

Old 12-11-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
I'll sum you up real quick, you fail to comprehend the discussion. I give you the definition of Common Law and you still tell me I am wrong? I show you that Common Law laws were in place prior to the US Revolution, and you still tell me I am wrong? You have some serious issues especially since you continue to change your claims to make yourself look correct. You claim my statement to be false, yet go right into proving it correct except you change dates and then limit it to what you want to say I am incorrect. You've become a joke. LMFAO
Your resort to half-assed amateur psychoanalysis is pretty much a surrender of the thread.

You do not have a clue as to what "common law" is. You linked to a definition that contradicts you completely. I have changed not a single claim in the entire thread, and I have demonstrated by citation to case law that you are, in fact, completely in error.

I am content with your laughter. It should make it easier to observe you abandoning the field.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:02 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
What part of "England has no Indians" (and hence "English common law has no Indians") do you continue to not get?
You prove my point, you can't follow along with simple comprehension.

Quote:
You have linked to a definition you still explicitly do not understand.
SMH

Quote:
There was no such thing as illegal aliens at the time the passage was written.
And you did, predictable.

Quote:
What does that even mean?

Old 12-11-2011, 10:03 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,284 times
Quote:
Your resort to half-assed amateur psychoanalysis is pretty much a surrender of the thread.

You do not have a clue as to what "common law" is. You linked to a definition that contradicts you completely. I have changed not a single claim in the entire thread, and I have demonstrated by citation to case law that you are, in fact, completely in error.

I am content with your laughter. It should make it easier to observe you abandoning the field.
A person with an overt ego, who woulda thunk it!

Old 12-11-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
You prove my point, you can't follow along with simple comprehension.
You had no point. You are at this point simply flailing.

Old 12-12-2011, 05:04 AM
Yac

6,050 posts, read 7,723,260 times

Seriously, . I'd comment more, but I'd just end up insulting people, like you two.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.