U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:25 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,115,427 times

Advertisements

Children born from illegals are considered anchor babies. The same way they want to stop calling illegals illegal they want to be called immigrant.

Old 12-09-2011, 06:37 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Children born from illegals are considered anchor babies. The same way they want to stop calling illegals illegal they want to be called immigrant.
When parents here illegally give birth on our soil due to the misinterpretation of the birthright citizenship clause their newborns are declared citizens of this country. In many ways it is a way for the parents to anchor themselves on to our country, therefore the term "anchor baby". It isn't a term meant to be offensive towards them but to their parents.

I am sick of this advocacy for PC language in our country. Like as you said, calling illegal aliens plain old immigrants. Or that we are anti-"immigrant" because we oppose "illegal" immigration. The smears and lies of these so-called "immigrant" advocacies groups towards law abiding Americans makes me sick, especially when they themselves many times are citizens themselves. I never thought I would see the day that there would be so many traitors among us.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:14 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,715,868 times
American Heritage is a "cultural dictionary" not a "legal dictionary", thus their "interpretation of the phrase "anchor baby" is pretty much meaningless.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:49 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,659,098 times
You can sugar coat a turd.............but it's still a turd.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:12 AM

5,235 posts, read 3,019,880 times
Terms change with time my family would refer to GAY as one who is happy,today its sex....
At Thanksgiving someone would say "pass the gobbler gravy" or the gravy boat...now its sex[offensive reference to a gay man]

Times they are a changing....

Old 12-10-2011, 09:50 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,426,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
When parents here illegally give birth on our soil due to the misinterpretation of the birthright citizenship clause their newborns are declared citizens of this country. In many ways it is a way for the parents to anchor themselves on to our country, therefore the term "anchor baby". It isn't a term meant to be offensive towards them but to their parents.

I am sick of this advocacy for PC language in our country. Like as you said, calling illegal aliens plain old immigrants. Or that we are anti-"immigrant" because we oppose "illegal" immigration. The smears and lies of these so-called "immigrant" advocacies groups towards law abiding Americans makes me sick, especially when they themselves many times are citizens themselves. I never thought I would see the day that there would be so many traitors among us.
You would think that at some point the lunacy from the PC crowd would end. Kudos!

Old 12-10-2011, 11:48 AM

327 posts, read 262,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
American Heritage is a "cultural dictionary" not a "legal dictionary", thus their "interpretation of the phrase "anchor baby" is pretty much meaningless.

You mean Latino heritage dictionary.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:42 PM

373 posts, read 491,544 times
I would call them DEPORTED I like that term

Old 12-12-2011, 04:59 AM

7,653 posts, read 14,800,687 times
"Anchor babies" are legal citizens like YOU and I. Just as legal, just as American, just as endowed with every right of citizenship. Get over it.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:43 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
"Anchor babies" are legal citizens like YOU and I. Just as legal, just as American, just as endowed with every right of citizenship. Get over it.
Yes, they are but we have every right to seek change to birthright citizenship since it is being abused by illegal foreigners and contributing to the financial failing of this country. It makes a mockery of our citizenship endowing the children of illegals with instant citizenship whose parents hold no allegiance to our country but to another and in fact violated our soveirgn borders and immigration laws. I hope you will "get over it" when this is accomplished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration