Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 04:57 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,334,356 times

Advertisements

"Let's say I break into your house" and that means I've broken the law. Is that a big deal? Let's say I try and convince you and others to let me stay because although I don't always do the best job of making the beds, washing the dishes and doing the laundry--I do them. I know, I know--many of your neighbors who preferred doing their own dishes and laundry are upset now because they can't do them anymore because I've helped others break the law and break into their homes. What can I say? I'm a good person and I just wanted a job. You are probably worried about the friends and family I taught how to break into homes. Yes, many of them bring very bad and illegal stuff into those homes. Yes, many of them break many other laws while they're staying in those homes and, yes, often the neighborhoods around those homes they've broken into become crime riden and trashy-- but, hey, at least they're making the beds. I don't understand why you're getting all upset. What can I say to you? I just wanted a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2006, 12:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,798 times
OK, well, a lot of you seem to be comparing "illegal" immigration to breaking into a house. I don't know if you have ever taken a course in history, but actually, most of the western United States was originally a part of Mexico, so aren't the Americans the intruders? And apart from this fact, why are so many of you against immigrants, even if they are "illegal?" OK, I think that people should have the right to live wherever they please, and the United States, and any other country for that matter, shouldn't even have illegal immigrants. Not because they take jobs, or any other faux excuse, but because there shouldn't be any laws concerning whether or not a person can live somewhere simply because of the accident of his or her birth. Here in New York City, most people embrace the contributions of other cultures and peoples, even if they came "illegaly." This modern xenophobia is what causes me to have a degree of contempt towards the government of the United States, apart from a variety of other issues, which I will not discuss here.

Old 09-30-2006, 06:36 AM

338 posts, read 1,445,670 times
Exclamation okay- maybe I'm PMS-ing or something...but...

I'm sooooo sick of people that are living here, born here, raised here saying stupid things like : "ya'll took this from my forefathers" or " I feel a connection to my ancestors" or ...and this will probably get cut or I'll get hate mail...but its what I hear alot and it grates on my last nerve..." My African brothers/sisstahs and I are connected...you owe us because my great great grandpoppy was a slave"- LETS GET IN THE HERE AND NOW PEOPLE---2006...we don't owe you or anyone else nothing....you all owe it to yourselves to leave that mindset behind...you work you pay your bills and you get ahead...its your own ignornace that will hold you back..."well wasn't Mexico here first" Yeah so what its not anymore...move on..."American's took this country by force from the Indians" (oops I mean Native Americans)...Yeah- so what- move on- I hate the ACLUModerator cut: Keep it clean ! Thanks and have a great day! Said proudly in English--from a Indian/Irish/German mix-breed...

Old 09-30-2006, 08:04 AM

99 posts, read 351,167 times
Default we're doomed?

Great editorial Heathersmom, it brings up many good points. That
post by Cronus is the answer as to why it is how it is. It shouldn't
be, but it will never be fixed to people's standards like ours unfortunately.
I agree with that last post too. The ones getting the most benefits
and the most handouts are still the ones who are allowed to act like
they have it so bad, that is a whole other kind of issue. We have seen
proof in so many ways that we need to really stop and look out for
# 1 (our own people), stay tough and stick to some older ideals while
adjusting realisticly to the times.

The fact is that all of the people in power (regardless of party) are so
deeply corrupt and greedy that in most cases you would be stupid to
expect them to run things based on dignity, integrity, moral value, and
what's best for the people. It doesn't happen like that. Fact is they
are out for their own interests and the peoples well being is secondary
if they think they can get away with something. Like so many other
things that progressively get worse over time it seems that over the past
7-8 years we may be seeing a more corrupt and greedy couple of offices
that are speeding up that process. It definately seems like now is the
time for decent real Americans to speak up while we have the ability to
because I am quite sure our powers and rights are slowly being pushed
to the back. Our elected officials are being very bold and many of us
stand to lose "Our America". All because they want the money and power.
There are so many things that most people see as reality but really they
are so clueless as to what's going on. Even people who try to stay informed
will never know the half of it. For your information 9/11 as we know it is
one of the biggest hoaxes of all time, that is why there is so much B.S. that
goes along with that and it's aftermath that don't make sense. Oil money
baby. You can see some of the cold hard facts that they don't want you
to know on Loose Change 2(google it!). I also believe that the underlying concept in "V" for Vendetta is shockingly similar to where we are heading. The problem is one man can only take down corrupt governments in the movies. All we can do is hope for the best, fight for what we believe, and pray!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-30-2006, 08:13 AM

178 posts, read 416,609 times
Here are a few reasons why American citizens have a right to expect people to immigrate legally. I don't know anyone who is against legal immigration. But I know there is beginning to be a tsunami of citizens against illegal aliens crowding out people who are in line, patiently waiting their turn to become proud self supporting, free of contagious diseases, dedicated to America only, American citizens.
Check this out below. This was two years ago. Can you imagine the costs to the poor California citizens by now!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
U.S. Gov. Info / Resources
Illegal Immigration Costs California .5 Billion Annually

State's "cheap labor" costs average household $1,183 a year
Dateline: December, 2004
In hosting America's largest population of illegal immigrants, California bears a huge cost to provide basic human services for this fast growing, low-income segment of its population.

Moderator cut: Provide a link instead of copying everything here, please

Last edited by Marka; 12-07-2007 at 10:35 AM..

Old 09-30-2006, 10:52 AM

338 posts, read 1,445,670 times
Nice post berrypie and dataman1- look at that Rep. from Florida who voted for on-line predator laws and then he is one of the guys who is on there looking up younger men...politicians are a joke- I do not for one minute trust them or sometimes our own judiscial system....when I vote it usually for the lesser of two evils.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:35 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
Default Invalid Argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclover View Post
OK, well, a lot of you seem to be comparing "illegal" immigration to breaking into a house. I don't know if you have ever taken a course in history, but actually, most of the western United States was originally a part of Mexico, so aren't the Americans the intruders? And apart from this fact, why are so many of you against immigrants, even if they are "illegal?" OK, I think that people should have the right to live wherever they please, and the United States, and any other country for that matter, shouldn't even have illegal immigrants. Not because they take jobs, or any other faux excuse, but because there shouldn't be any laws concerning whether or not a person can live somewhere simply because of the accident of his or her birth. Here in New York City, most people embrace the contributions of other cultures and peoples, even if they came "illegaly." This modern xenophobia is what causes me to have a degree of contempt towards the government of the United States, apart from a variety of other issues, which I will not discuss here.
And Mexico was part of the Spanish Empire. So by your reasoning, these areas were part of Spain before they were part of Mexico, so Spaniards shouldn't be illegal if they come here without proper documentation. But, before they were part of the Spanish Empire, they were Mayan and Aztec...uh oh, that invalidates now the Spanish and Mexicans... Oh, and since we don't know who had the land before the Mayans and Aztecs, maybe we should test people for North and South American genetic DNA references to neanderthals and only they shouldn't be considered illegal aliens since it was all their land to begin with..oh wait...not so... because the American Indians weren't Mayans or Aztecs and had nothing to do with the Spanish Empire or Mexicans who came later on.... Darn..this makes it so messy. Good luck in figuring it out NYclover. Luckily, most Americans disagree with illogical arguments such as yours. But, I say...hey..if it bothers you so much, move to Mexico and become an activist for illegal migration...But when you do, look into what you consider to be fair play as Mexico isn't as lenient as the USA on illegal migrants. They round them up, rob them, abuse them, throw them in jail, then deport them back to Guatemala. Guess your argument falls kinda flat, huh?

Old 09-30-2006, 12:51 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,109 times
Quote:

Well nyclover since you have such contempt towards the government of the United States (I can't see why our President is for amnesty) where would you like to live? The last I heard we are free to leave. Some think we are headed for being like the USSR but for right now we can still get out. I'm glad you won't discuss your other issues the nonsense gets tiring.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:53 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathersmom View Post
I'm sooooo sick of people that are living here, born here, raised here saying stupid things like : "ya'll took this from my forefathers" or " I feel a connection to my ancestors" or ...and this will probably get cut or I'll get hate mail...but its what I hear alot and it grates on my last nerve..." My African brothers/sisstahs and I are connected...you owe us because my great great grandpoppy was a slave"- LETS GET IN THE HERE AND NOW PEOPLE---2006...we don't owe you or anyone else nothing....you all owe it to yourselves to leave that mindset behind...you work you pay your bills and you get ahead...its your own ignornace that will hold you back..."well wasn't Mexico here first" Yeah so what its not anymore...move on..."American's took this country by force from the Indians" (oops I mean Native Americans)...Yeah- so what- move on- I hate the ACLUModerator cut: Keep it clean ! Thanks and have a great day! Said proudly in English--from a Indian/Irish/German mix-breed...

Wow! Heathersmom that was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 reps for you!!
That was refreshing

Old 09-30-2006, 01:26 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,628,707 times
Quote:

OK.....take a deep breath. Feel better now. The ACLU is sponsoring an illegal immigrant group hug for December 25th. (I know it used to be Christmas day but the ACLU is having it changed to illegal immigrant day). I heard tickets are going fast so rush over and get yours now. I also heard Hillary is going to be there, won't that be fun. By the way I guess native Americans were here before we were, so according to your logic maybe we should give the country back to them. I guess I'll be going back to Ireland where my ancestors are from. Where will you go? Bottom line is I don't think people would have the same attitude towards illegals if they bothered to try to come here legally, God knows my grandparents did! By the way do you think Bill Gates is worried about illegal immigration, ask the next illegal you speak to if he's eyeing up Bills job or that lucrative position of dish washer over at the diner!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration