U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 12:15 PM

231 posts, read 464,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctarheel View Post
We can all look to the Mexican and other central American governments that have done so well on their own for advice.
Just so you know (or maybe it was a typo, or maybe I`m reading it wrong)- Mexico is in North America, not central.

This is interesting to me: Can someone explain to me the big difference between US and and Mexican/Cental American governments? Besides the fact that the US government spends billions upon billions on weapons and war? Space exploration? What else? Help me out here.....

Does anyone ever ponder the fact the world hunger could be eliminated if those same billions upon billions went to the people of Africa, China, Nicaraugua, Mexico, el Salvador, etc, etc, etc, etc.........? I just want to know.

And it`s not just the US, I realize that. Other countries want to keep up too, so they spend their billions for a warhead. Is it just me, or aren`t pretty much most governments whack? US included?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2006, 12:38 PM

4,489 posts, read 6,659,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo istmeņo View Post
This is interesting to me: Can someone explain to me the big difference between US and and Mexican/Cental American governments? Besides the fact that the US government spends billions upon billions on weapons and war? Space exploration? What else? Help me out here.....

Does anyone ever ponder the fact the world hunger could be eliminated if those same billions upon billions went to the people of Africa, China, Nicaraugua, Mexico, el Salvador, etc, etc, etc, etc.........? I just want to know.
Doesn't the U.S in general provide rations/food to many of the countries listed?

Somalia...what is up with that coutry? Holding the starving people hostage with food provided by the U.S./Red Cross. Don't understand that one.

If you gave all those countries "billions upon billions", (money instead of food)would you think it'd solve anything?

Just wonderin'.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:21 PM

12,775 posts, read 7,384,298 times
Quote:
Just so you know (or maybe it was a typo, or maybe I`m reading it wrong)- Mexico is in North America, not central.

And it`s not just the US, I realize that. Other countries want to keep up too, so they spend their billions for a warhead. Is it just me, or aren`t pretty much most governments whack? US included?
Well, I can think of a few differences between the US and Mexican/Central American governments...the USA doesn't derive half of its income from illegal drugs, at least I don't THINK so. There is no outright armed conflict in our cities with civilians armed, militias, and soldiers walking around carrying weapons. The United States actually DOES make an effort to help our poor population, and everyone is entitled to an education. The United States delivers massive amounts of aid to other countries, it is just not reported much anymore; it doesn't HAVE to be reported, we have been doing that for a long time and everyone knows we help out other countries!

I am sure other people can come up with more...

Old 11-03-2006, 08:55 PM

1,431 posts, read 3,572,533 times
Quote:
Well, let`s be fair- what about the northeast, northwest, southeast, and all the points in between? I`m not saying give it back, just that they do (in my opinion) have a right to be there.

Well...dont stop there!

What about your true "native" tongue?

Spanish is a EUROPEAN language. Latin countries are speaking "the white mans language." Drop that Spanish thing.

On another note, I dont think anyone really cares for the argument you are making. When you start mentioning things like "give the land back" it pretty much sounds like inciting a rebellion. And you will never score any points with those statements.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:01 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,787,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Well, I can think of a few differences between the US and Mexican/Central American governments...the USA doesn't derive half of its income from illegal drugs, at least I don't THINK so. There is no outright armed conflict in our cities with civilians armed, militias, and soldiers walking around carrying weapons. The United States actually DOES make an effort to help our poor population, and everyone is entitled to an education. The United States delivers massive amounts of aid to other countries, it is just not reported much anymore; it doesn't HAVE to be reported, we have been doing that for a long time and everyone knows we help out other countries!

I am sure other people can come up with more...

We agree on something. The USA gives more than any other country and they still want more.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:08 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,787,771 times
Quote:

The US is whacked yes as you said. The reason is Bush playing footsies with Vincente Fox he needs to get that wall built and stop this illegal invasion. He needs to put the pressure on Fox to get that country straightened out. They have border security and he's telling us we can't? Bush is letting him get away with this. I think the people of Mexico should rise up and take that country back. It has great resources their is no reason why people should be living like that there except for the corrupt government.

BTW we needs weapons of war, if you haven't heard we have been attacked.
I think you need to look to the Mexican government for answers and keep your hands out of the pockets of the United States and don't worry about what we do with our money. You should be asking Fox what he does with his.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:18 PM

311 posts, read 549,661 times
Quote:

I think one BIG difference is obvious....people are breaking the law to come here for a "better life" (I think this is the way it has been explained as to why people come here ILLEGALLY) where the government will give them free food, free medical, free schooling....just for breaking the law! Now if the situation were reversed, and US citizens went to Mexico/Central America....I think then the difference would be VERY obvious.

The idea of someone breaking the law for a "better life" is one thing, breaking the law and having multiple "anchor babies" is another matter. If you really want a better life, you should first establish your life, support yourself, and then, ONLY THEN, have children that YOU can support.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:28 AM

911 posts, read 3,199,352 times
Thumbs down La Raza and Aztlan

"Under the euphuism 'Hispanic Homeland' and 'Nation of Aztlan,' activists from numerous organizations including Mexican American Legal Defense and La Raza (The Race) activists are attempting to annex large portions of SW United States to Mexico. "Republica del Norte," the Republic of the North, which would include the present U.S. states of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, plus southern Colorado, along with several current Mexican states, is "an inevitability" says Charles Truxillo, professor, University of New Mexico. He further states the new "Hispanic Homeland" should be brought into being "by any means necessary."

"The Invasion needs to end at any cost"

Aztlan = La Raza

...."Molon Labe"

Last edited by Yac; 11-04-2006 at 09:46 AM..

Old 11-05-2006, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
We agree on something. The USA gives more than any other country and they still want more.
OMG! I just read this and smiled! Don't worry, we may have many other differences but I love my country very much and am proud of the good things we do.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
The US is whacked yes as you said. The reason is Bush playing footsies with Vincente Fox he needs to get that wall built and stop this illegal invasion. He needs to put the pressure on Fox to get that country straightened out. They have border security and he's telling us we can't? Bush is letting him get away with this. I think the people of Mexico should rise up and take that country back. It has great resources their is no reason why people should be living like that there except for the corrupt government.

BTW we needs weapons of war, if you haven't heard we have been attacked.
I think you need to look to the Mexican government for answers and keep your hands out of the pockets of the United States and don't worry about what we do with our money. You should be asking Fox what he does with his.
'Nother thing we agree on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration