U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 06:24 PM

2,549 posts, read 4,503,733 times

Advertisements

The DOJ at the federal level says Joe is breaking the law and that what he does in unconstitutional. Really? If he is breaking federal law then why don't they make an arrest, under those federal laws he is violating.
It's because they can't prove it that's why.
I am sick and tired of the federal government not doing their job and yet telling AZ that they cannot do what the feds fail to do.
They don't have the burden money wise to pay for the costs of illegal immigration in this state which are very high. The AZ taxpayers do.
I don't blame these people for coming, I have been into Mexico and S. America and I know some of the conditions some of these people are trying to better.
But coming over the border does not entitle an illegal to automatic rights as far as I am concerned.
The fact is that the Sheriff is elected and has been there for many years.
Even with the critics in the churches and the Hispanic community and some politicians that think they must cater to these groups to get their votes.
I'm sick and tired of seeing the feds coming after our state and officials.
SB 1070 will have it's answer by June they say and I predict Joe will be there when the answer comes on that law.
And some 5 other states have now found it necessary to pass their own versions of 1070, so what's that tell you feds???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 06:38 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
I found this to be interesting and very telling.

"The Justice Department's expert on measuring racial profiling said it is the most egregious case of profiling in the nation that he has seen or reviewed in professional literature, said Thomas "Perez", who heads the Justice Department's civil rights division".

No bias, there, right?

Feds issue scathing report against AZ sheriff - 21 News Now, More Local News for Youngstown, Ohio -

Old 12-15-2011, 07:59 PM

2,549 posts, read 4,503,733 times
I think that overall our federal government has become a model of inefficiency and great at spending our taxpayer dollars.
They attempt to dictate what states rights are in entirely too many cases.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:14 AM

13,141 posts, read 10,568,819 times
Here is one more link to the story: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/15/justice-department-arpaio-violated-federal-law/

All I see is that our government is much better at going after it’s own law enforcement agencies than it is going after criminals. I have come to suspect, that the only reason that they do this, is because there are more criminals in government. Why else would they go after the people protecting them? November is not coming soon enough!

Old 12-16-2011, 06:50 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Here is one more link to the story: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/15/justice-department-arpaio-violated-federal-law/

All I see is that our government is much better at going after itís own law enforcement agencies than it is going after criminals. I have come to suspect, that the only reason that they do this, is because there are more criminals in government. Why else would they go after the people protecting them? November is not coming soon enough!
Yes, any politicans or LE persons who seeks to expel illegal aliens from their communties, cities or states are demonized by the federal government and our president himself. There is much to be suspected here in regards to what our government's intentions are and it certainly isn't within the national interests. They blatantly snub their noses at the laws they were sworn to uphold.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:44 AM

327 posts, read 262,108 times
Update

Sheriff can no longer question immigration status after Obama admin review.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:38 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,084,779 times
Update

After the Supreme Court listens to Arizona's challenge to Obama's meddling in April, Obama wont have a leg to stand on

Old 12-16-2011, 04:52 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Smells like more "Political BS" from the Obama administration to me.

Could this possibly be another feeble attempt by Eric Holder to distract attention from the Fast and Furious fiasco and the death of Brian Terry?

Maybe an attempt by the DOJ to justify that ridiculous lawsuit over Arizona's SB1070?

My only concern is . . . WHAT'S NEXT?

Old 12-17-2011, 07:55 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Arpaio's office retaliated against its critics by subjecting them to "retaliatory detentions and arrests without cause, unfounded civil lawsuits, and other baseless complaints."

Witness accounts of racial profiling were found to be consistent with the accusations against deputies. Two examples are given:

* A legal U.S. resident who allegedly failed to use his turn signal was made to sit on a curb for 15 minutes, then arrested and jailed for 13 days on a bogus charge that was dismissed in court.
Sheriff Joe Arpaio's Office Commits Worst Racial Profiling in U.S. History, Concludes DOJ Investigation - Phoenix News - Valley Fever

Not surprising that some on here don't find anything wrong with what he is doing. Some of you would have even considered Hitler a saint as long as he was getting rid of those "illegals".

Old 12-17-2011, 08:05 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Both cases were among more than 400 sex-crimes reported to Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's office during a three-year period ending in 2007 ó including dozens of alleged child molestations ó that were inadequately investigated and in some instances were not worked at all, according to current and former police officers familiar with the cases.
Critics: 'Tough' sheriff botched sex-crime cases - Yahoo! News

This guy is a disgrace!! Just read the comments on this article and you will notice that most of the comments don't support what he is doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration