U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:10 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,806,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
You asked him a question and he gave you an answer. Why the eye roll?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 10:50 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,380,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
As I said before I would be quite sure she can supply anecdotes supporting her position.

They are immigrants. The statement is factually correct. You wish a further adjective and she does not.

I do think it amazing how you read her mind.
What position might this be. Acceptable to break a law of another Country by entering illegally.

Gees lets try this in Mexico shall we, everyone. Lets see what happens to us.

Nope those who break our law and enter in to this Country illlegally by illegal means, are here illegally, what part do you not understand! Nice attempt at immigrant.
Fact is Americans do not have a prolbem with those who come to this Country, to better themsmelves and their family, when they do it the right way. Legally.
I was taught growing up, that right is right and wrong is wrong. No way in hell Americans could get away with what illegals do in this Country, and you know it.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:21 PM

387 posts, read 271,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
What position might this be. Acceptable to break a law of another Country by entering illegally.

Gees lets try this in Mexico shall we, everyone. Lets see what happens to us.

Nope those who break our law and enter in to this Country illlegally by illegal means, are here illegally, what part do you not understand! Nice attempt at immigrant.
Fact is Americans do not have a prolbem with those who come to this Country, to better themsmelves and their family, when they do it the right way. Legally.
I was taught growing up, that right is right and wrong is wrong. No way in hell Americans could get away with what illegals do in this Country, and you know it.
Actually that is all irrevelant. It is partially true and partially false, But overall irrelevant.

They are not going away because we wish they would.

They are not gong away because we make them go because we are not willing to do that.

So you wish to sit here and whine while another 5 million or 6 million come in?

Do you want to solve the problem or feel self righteous. Can't do both.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:06 PM

33,008 posts, read 30,280,395 times
Quote:
Different topic. But yes some left. Others came back. At the moment I believe the illegal population is again growing.

This has nothing to do with those who would come and go if allowed. They stopped because it ceased to be feasible.
We still have migrant workers. Illegal aliens are not migrant workers. Many illegals have left because the heat has been turned up in many border states and with new federal regulations. I say GOOD. The more State laws the merrier. I want illegals to be so afraid that they leave voluntarily. And they are

The ones that remain run the risk of being deported , so be it. There is no louder whining, no screeching, than the relatives of illegals being deported. One of the few times I don't mind paying taxes is seeing these people getting removed.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We still have migrant workers. Illegal aliens are not migrant workers. Many illegals have left because the heat has been turned up in many border states and with new federal regulations. I say GOOD. The more State laws the merrier. I want illegals to be so afraid that they leave voluntarily. And they are

The ones that remain run the risk of being deported , so be it. There is no louder whining, no screeching, than the relatives of illegals being deported. One of the few times I don't mind paying taxes is seeing these people getting removed.
Sorry but there was a vast group of illegals who were in fact migrants. We tightened the border made it a big deal to get in so they stayed and moved in their families. Now they are illegal immigrants and no longer migrants.

They left over the economy and already are moving back. We had the lull and did nothing with it. Ilegal immigration will be back at its peak in two or three years.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Sorry but there was a vast group of illegals who were in fact migrants. We tightened the border made it a big deal to get in so they stayed and moved in their families. Now they are illegal immigrants and no longer migrants.

They left over the economy and already are moving back. We had the lull and did nothing with it. Ilegal immigration will be back at its peak in two or three years.
Ha, you are dreaming. Every President from here on out will have to actually "deal" with the border mess.

You need to keep up on current events. Mexico now has an increased immigration presence. Ever heard of a Visa? Passport? Mexico now demands them from people traveling through Mexico. Your migrants are screwed. Especially from South of Mexico. They are checking movement North and South.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Ha, you are dreaming. Every President from here on out will have to actually "deal" with the border mess.

You need to keep up on current events. Mexico now has an increased immigration presence. Ever heard of a Visa? Passport? Mexico now demands them from people traveling through Mexico. Your migrants are screwed. Especially from South of Mexico. They are checking movement North and South.
I don't think you understand. These were workers in the US from Mexico who came, worked a few months and then left. They migrated with the seasons to various locations. After the border crack down they stayed.

Mexico's control of its southern border is, if anything, worse than ours. Guatemalans pour through for work in Mexico. They are purportedly preferred by the Ranchers as they are claimed to work harder than the Mexicans.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I don't think you understand. These were workers in the US from Mexico who came, worked a few months and then left. They migrated with the seasons to various locations. After the border crack down they stayed.

Mexico's control of its southern border is, if anything, worse than ours. Guatemalans pour through for work in Mexico. They are purportedly preferred by the Ranchers as they are claimed to work harder than the Mexicans.
I own a ranch and farm in Colorado, since the 70s. I believe I do understand. The social service network draw has just as much to do as the "border" shutdown. Who wouldn't try to get on the gravy train? Free school, free meals for your kids, free medical at any emergency room.

So much for those hard working people eh? It seems they have figured it out. Why bust your butt when it's freely offered. What a culture. Don't kid yourself, it is happening.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
I own a ranch and farm in Colorado, since the 70s. I believe I do understand. The social service network draw has just as much to do as the "border" shutdown. Who wouldn't try to get on the gravy train? Free school, free meals for your kids, free medical at any emergency room.

So much for those hard working people eh? It seems they have figured it out. Why bust your butt when it's freely offered. What a culture. Don't kid yourself, it is happening.
That is nonsense. They may take advantage of some services given the opportunity but it in no way is the motivator. Highest percentage of illegals in the US is in Nevada. Nevada also happens to be the most miserly state in the US for welfare benefits. They don't pay for anything and give nobody nothing. But the illegals flock there. Why? Jobs. And when the jobs went away the population of illegals there dropped 20%.

I can't really believe you guys think a family can survive off the payment for one or two legal children. It may help a little but no place near a get by.

Medical is emergency medical only. The ERs send them away to get sicker before they will treat them. Often maximize our costs that way. Will only dialyze if the patient is good and sick. That likely mean a real emergency with the patient in the hugely expensive ICU.

You guys just can't deal with the truth. They are basically economic refugees looking for work. Sure some will take advantage of the system. And some will resort to outright fraud...just like the people in our own lower economic strata. But if you strip all that out they will still stay and more will come. It is income that is the attraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration