U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 10:08 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,186,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I bet that many of the people who are so vehemently opposed to making English a national official language would have zero problem making Spanish one.

Political correctness trumps all.

You bet! If nothing else they at least want us to have a dual "official" language and one of them would be Spanish.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:14 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,482,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I sincerely doubt the people in question are here legally. Again your point?

I just told you my point: you can find out once and for all if they're illegal. Call your local authorities and have them check it out. If it's really that important to you, then have the authorities crack down on them and then go on with your life.

Quote:
You realize that their minimum wage jobs mean all sorts of increased costs in other ways? Since they aren't driving with insurance (and they do indeed drive) that means increased premiums on my end. They probably bring their kids so that means increased costs for school taxes. I also sincerely doubt that they have medical insurance. So again that means increased costs on my end.
They pay sales taxes. They keep wages and prices down. The increase efficiency of business operations. They're not eligible for social services. They could obtain such services fraudulently, but so can native-born Americans.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:53 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,396,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post

I just told you my point: you can find out once and for all if they're illegal. Call your local authorities and have them check it out. If it's really that important to you, then have the authorities crack down on them and then go on with your life.

They pay sales taxes. They keep wages and prices down. The increase efficiency of business operations. They're not eligible for social services. They could obtain such services fraudulently, but so can native-born Americans.
They do almost nothing you said in the second paragraph. They pay very little in sales taxes because they don't earn much. The wages they push down are wages that our own poor citizens rely upon. When those people cannot earn enough they, like many illegals, turn to taxpayer funded programs like food stamps to support them.

Low skilled migrants who don't even speak English do NOT increase the efficiency of business operations. If anything they reduce it by allowing businesses to avoid much needed updates and just use cheap labor instead. They use social services like public transportation or drive on our roads that they don't pay for. While they may not technically be eligible for social services their kids most certainly are. Who do you think pays for the teachers who teach them in Spanish? It sure as hell isn't them!

They are selfish, thoughtless, arrogant, lazy, useless creeps who need to go home yesterday.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:02 PM

387 posts, read 271,668 times
Quote:
They do almost nothing you said in the second paragraph. They pay very little in sales taxes because they don't earn much. The wages they push down are wages that our own poor citizens rely upon. When those people cannot earn enough they, like many illegals, turn to taxpayer funded programs like food stamps to support them.

Low skilled migrants who don't even speak English do NOT increase the efficiency of business operations. If anything they reduce it by allowing businesses to avoid much needed updates and just use cheap labor instead. They use social services like public transportation or drive on our roads that they don't pay for. While they may not technically be eligible for social services their kids most certainly are. Who do you think pays for the teachers who teach them in Spanish? It sure as hell isn't them!

They are selfish, thoughtless, arrogant, lazy, useless creeps who need to go home yesterday.
I love the skilll and enthusiasm with which you beat the dead horse...Whack...crack...womp... Hell if he wasn't dead he probably would be standing at attention.

The poor as a percentage pay much more of their income in sales and use taxes. Why would illegals pay more than the US poor? The bottom half of the US pay virtually no income tax.

Given your dislike for the illegals why would you continue to maintain the status quo which will inevitably lead to an increase in illegal aliens as soon as the economy turns well positive?

Old 12-30-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
I love the skilll and enthusiasm with which you beat the dead horse...Whack...crack...womp... Hell if he wasn't dead he probably would be standing at attention.

The poor as a percentage pay much more of their income in sales and use taxes. Why would illegals pay more than the US poor? The bottom half of the US pay virtually no income tax.

Given your dislike for the illegals why would you continue to maintain the status quo which will inevitably lead to an increase in illegal aliens as soon as the economy turns well positive?
We're not discussing America's poor. But if you care so much for them why do you want to make their lives harder by giving citizenship to foreign nationals who push their wages down?

I propose enforcement. You propose amnesty. Shall we bet which course of action will attract more illegals?

Old 12-30-2011, 03:21 PM

387 posts, read 271,668 times
Quote:
We're not discussing America's poor. But if you care so much for them why do you want to make their lives harder by giving citizenship to foreign nationals who push their wages down?

I propose enforcement. You propose amnesty. Shall we bet which course of action will attract more illegals?
Actually you propose the status quo. There is no will or support for a grand deportation and it is unlikely any place in the immediate future.

I very reluctantly propose we reduce the problem to something that can be managed. It is of course possible that we will screw it up again. But the status quo guarantees that outcome. So better to try and fail then just to fail.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Actually you propose the status quo. There is no will or support for a grand deportation and it is unlikely any place in the immediate future.

I very reluctantly propose we reduce the problem to something that can be managed. It is of course possible that we will screw it up again. But the status quo guarantees that outcome. So better to try and fail then just to fail.
I propose enforcing our laws. You're the one arguing for actively rewarding illegals with ideas like amnesty and the pandering nonsense that is the dream act. If word gets out that we're giving free college degrees to people who break our immigration laws just as long as they stick around all we'll get are more illegals. I presume you're okay with this?

Old 12-30-2011, 04:33 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,429,842 times
Quote:
Aftrer stopping and thinking real hard I don't believe I have ever pressed a button to talk in english in the US. So this is all BS...or very close.
Speaking of BS, I 'm sure there are a lot of things you've never done, it doesn't mean that they don't exist or never happened. For all I know it could mean that you have minimum access to a telephone.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Oh please. Don't want to speak spanish dont press the freaking number. Get over it. Why would a company have German speakers when there is no demand for German speakers.
90% of successful reading is comprehension. What in the world does not wanting to speak spanish have to do with pressing a "freaking number"?

Topic? Press 2 for ENGLISH.

In preparation for their new slaves, the corporate masters gradually instituted the press "1, 2" or whatever if you wanted to AVOID hearing the prompts in spanish.

Quote:
If this country had millions of Germans, companies would invest in # 3. Companies make profit. They don't care in what language. Isn't that what the GOP always preaches...profits? "Obama talks about profit like it's a bad thing".

You people are obviously not BUSINESS oriented people or Republican hypocrites.

Get over it.
Prior to the corporate masters and many in our government welcoming the under belly of Mexico into this country, we didn't have milliions of spanish speakers either.

In light of the fact that the majority of those here illegally have little to no education, those engineering the collapse of America knew that their new slaves were not capable of learning much of anything (including English) thus they made easier for them to function in America at the expense and inconvenience of Americans and legal immigrants.

This country has a large population of Germans, Pakistanis, etc. , yet nobody has in the past nor are in the present pandering to them to the extent that they are to illiterate mexicans and other spanish speakers pouring over our borders. Instead of insulting Americans, maybe you should be asking yourself why the corporate masters and many in US government unanimously agree that the IQ of spanish speakers is too low to learn another language.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Oh, the gnashing of teeth by the "corporate crooks", now knowing you are sometimes able to bypass their message...

An illegal immigration forum has shown itself to be more organized about not hearing a word of Spanish within the United States...

Whose gnashing their teeth? When I go shopping, I let my dollars do the talking. Boycotting traitors is far more therapeutic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration