U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-29-2011, 05:38 AM
 
327 posts, read 263,799 times
Reputation: 122

Advertisements

Don't look for the NYTimes to report this, or go digging. They do not report stories that are negative towards OBama or the democrat party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-02-2012, 12:46 AM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,604,815 times
Reputation: 1270
I think the reason why they are interested is because it is such an important topic right now. Illegal immigration is touching many aspects of the country's functioning. It affects politics, economy, society and even science. I do not think that it has reached levels such as causing people to become violent. There are certain topics that do that, such as gun ownership laws, and all the crazy topics we have seen come up. I believe that they are trying to investigate anyone that a) may cause people to actually THINK or b) may become violent (which is obviously wrong and should not happen).

I believe that the internet sets the climate for a lot of the nation's concerns and who knows how the people assigned to this specific focus are using that information. It may be to help the President's campaign, who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 08:28 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,210,603 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
Don't look for the NYTimes to report this, or go digging. They do not report stories that are negative towards OBama or the democrat party.
So a legal term set forth by our own government's immigration laws is taboo for the public to use now? In fact the lawful term is illegal alien. Did I just enter the twilight zone?

I wonder if "undocumented worker" is considered "sensitive" also? Somehow I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 11:14 AM
 
Location: San Diego
33,081 posts, read 30,336,085 times
Reputation: 17879
What if your fb account is bogus LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2012, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,102 posts, read 12,862,249 times
Reputation: 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So a legal term set forth by our own government's immigration laws is taboo for the public to use now? In fact the lawful term is illegal alien. Did I just enter the twilight zone?

I wonder if "undocumented worker" is considered "sensitive" also? Somehow I doubt it.
More PC run amok crap is all it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2012, 08:32 PM
 
Location: Native Floridian, USA
4,896 posts, read 5,905,032 times
Reputation: 6057
Where did you find your quote ? I am surprised you didn't get a slap on the wrist for not sourcing. I did one time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,410,827 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I think the reason why they are interested is because it is such an important topic right now. Illegal immigration is touching many aspects of the country's functioning. It affects politics, economy, society and even science. I do not think that it has reached levels such as causing people to become violent. There are certain topics that do that, such as gun ownership laws, and all the crazy topics we have seen come up. I believe that they are trying to investigate anyone that a) may cause people to actually THINK or b) may become violent (which is obviously wrong and should not happen).

I believe that the internet sets the climate for a lot of the nation's concerns and who knows how the people assigned to this specific focus are using that information. It may be to help the President's campaign, who knows.
You're probably right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2012, 11:13 AM
 
2,159 posts, read 3,753,037 times
Reputation: 2136
Thanks for the tip, I will make sure to use "illegal immigrant" more often
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top